Favorite Easter Eggs in games?

bluefire93

Nov 10, 2009
After seeing all of the easter eggs for the approximately ten million new games that have come out in the last month, I was wondering, what are your favorite easter eggs in games escapists?

My personal favorites would have to be the secret room from Batman: Arkham Asylum, the legendary bonus scene at the end of Halo: CE, the toaster easter egg from Gears of War 2, or anything from Half Life 2.

Ruwrak

Sep 15, 2009
The Banjo Kazooie & Banjo Tooie types :)
Those were really fun and challenging to find.

That and the Notched pickaxe I find hilarious.

Magicmad5511

May 26, 2011
Mine would be the Halo:Reach Tribute room. It shows that Bungie love their fans.
Either that or the Dancing Grunts Club Easter egg. Dancing Grunts=Awesome.

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
I like little easter eggs. Nothing that changes how you play, but just something funny or cool. Like the monkey family in Halo 3 or that song from Myst.

StorytellingIsAMust

Jun 24, 2011
I've gotta say the cow level in Diablo II. That was hilarious.

I'm also a huge fan of cameos. I really wish that the Arwing in Ocarina of Time was a real easter egg and not a glitch/coding thing that you have to hack to find. That was the best thing I've ever seen as far as cameos go.

SiskoBlue

Monk
Aug 11, 2010
Duke Nukem Forever (I know, I know), but one scene has a soldier get assigned to help Duke out. Leeroy. He's a bit gungho and immediately charges in and gets killed, and Duke replies "Dammit Leeroy"

(Leeroy Jenkins reference in case you don't know what I'm talking about).

Tohuvabohu

Not entirely serious, maybe.
Mar 24, 2011
The "REAL" ending to Deus Ex:IW.

When you're plunged into an inescapable flaming penguin party with every single important NPC in the game dancing. It was....

....Yeah.

I mean, what else can I possibly say.

Indignator

Oct 26, 2011
F.E.A.R. When going through the cubicles in the Armacham building there is one cubicle with a red stapler and a cover sheet for a TPS report.