Favorite electronic songs

The Philistine

Jan 15, 2010
Pretty much any song by Sean & Bobo, Blackstripe, or Vonikk.

I make no claims of having refined tastes in music.

Sep 28, 2016
Infected Mushroom (Probably one of the most varied, talented groups I've ever come across so far. New album out soon!)
Aphex Twin
Excision (and various related artists)
Anything glitch hop. Not picky there. At all.
Uhh, there's more. Much more. Oh!
Shpongle!
Does Massive Attack count? Yeah. They count. Electronic is broad enough a term.

MacLeod

Nov 23, 2015
Thank you for your answers,i will be more directly.I am looking for some electronic songs with great melodies or as title says your electronic likeable songs not only artists.You can post at least one or two songs.I think its not a big deal.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
I dont much care for electronic music. I like lyrics in my songs. That said, there are one or two electronic inspired/influenced bands I like. Dont know if they really "count" to any of you, but I will post for variety's sake.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Front line Assembly, Skinny Puppy, H.exe and Feindflug, are some of my favorite artists when it comes to electronic music. However, H.exe is aggrotech, so i'm not sure if that counts.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
"The Robots" with Kraftwerk. A classic. I'm not usually into them, but that one's good.

KissingSunlight

Molotov Cocktails, Anyone?
Jul 3, 2013
Moby - Play It's the only album I can listen to constantly without skipping a track. It is simply a timeless classic.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
In terms of songs, these are a few I enjoy:

And yes, these are by bands in some form of the "Electronic genre". I checked.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Most of the album 'Play' by Moby, but particularly the first half. He's the only electronic musician I listen to with any regularity.

Oh, and Vangelis.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Most Juno Reactor stuff.

Electric Skychurch was a group I listened to years ago.

One particular song by Rabbit in the Moon called God Within

I just love the slow buildup of layers to it, that become something really amazing by the end.

I'm currently deeply in love with Above and Beyond, their original stuff is great, and I play their random stuff almost daily.

Crystal Method's first album Vegas, love that shit.

Most of my other electronica albums are collection albums, with a song by a different artist for each track.

A group called Hybrid are also really up my alley.

Oh! Pretty much everything Michael McCann (the guy from the Deus Ex Human Revolution/Mankind Divided soundtracks) has created. Found him from Human Revolution, fell in love with his other stuff.

I'm sure there are others, but that's all I can think of away from my music library.

Aug 31, 2012
When you say songs, do you just mean electronic music or does at actually have to have singing in it?

Are we looking for house/techno family or just stuff that is mostly synth or computer based? A lot of music never sees an instrument barring a PC/sampler synth and the singers voice but isn't really thought of as "electronic".

Michael Tabbut

May 22, 2013
My palette for electronic music is somewhat limited but i have a love for Klayton's different projects

MacLeod

Nov 23, 2015
Zykon TheLich said:
When you say songs, do you just mean electronic music or does at actually have to have singing in it?

Are we looking for house/techno family or just stuff that is mostly synth or computer based? A lot of music never sees an instrument barring a PC/sampler synth and the singers voice but isn't really thought of as "electronic".
I mean both :)

Aug 31, 2012
MacLeod said:
Ok, well, I had a tree take out my phone line last week, but it should be repaired on Monday. Until then I'm on work computers, so I shouldn't really be compiling long lists & links. I'll post a bunch when fixed.

MacLeod

Nov 23, 2015
Zykon TheLich said:
MacLeod said:
Ok, well, I had a tree take out my phone line last week, but it should be repaired on Monday. Until then I'm on work computers, so I shouldn't really be compiling long lists & links. I'll post a bunch when fixed.
Thank you

Private Custard

Dec 30, 2007
I've been getting hold of a whole shitload of downtempo chillout stuff lately, sometimes very beaty with rolling basslines (probably classed as 'trap', but some not so!), sometimes of the almost haunting variety. Some of it's vocal too. There are a couple of people I follow on YouTube, that link to a whole host of stuff over on SoundCloud.