Favorite environment in a game?

tombman888

Jul 12, 2009
I love wide open grassy plains (spelled right?) that stretch on for ages, with a few hills and trees scattered around.

Can't find many games with that environment... except WoW

ManimalR

Jan 3, 2011
Desolate moons (in RTS's, like in the Yuri's Revenge level) or anywhere with crazy weather (hurricanes, blizzards etc.)

HazelrahFiver

Oct 12, 2009
I judge the best environments to be the best examples of an environment. As the years progress the realism and atmosphere of certain games gets better and better. For me, it's those factors that have decided upon the greatest environments, and I can narrow that down to the following three games:
1. Bioshock - The Americana, 50's city dowsed in fear and ocean.
2. Fallout 3 - Post-apocalyptic destruction with struggling survival and limited water
3. Red Dead Redemption - Western brilliance complete with music stings, wild animals and desolate beauty. This game has the best environment in my opinion, despite that in real life I hope to never visit another desert again. I hate the heat and the searing sun and yet RDR makes me want to move to Colorado.

TitanAtlas

Oct 14, 2010
I love snow based levels... like a lot.... not the kind that's nothing there... i love the kind of it's hard to see, where there's mountains and caves, peril at every step and danger at every corner....

Other than that i love mountain based levels and deserts...

really hate forests and rainforest levels... really... really... reeeeeeeaaaally hate them...