Favorite Episode from one of your favorite Anime

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I really enjoy watching the first episode of Black butler titled His butler, able. I love the first season as a whole, but I especially enjoy the first episode, I also love the episode His butler, phantom image I find it a nice bit of comic relief halfway through the season. I plan to get the second season of Black butler soon.

Little Woodsman

Nov 11, 2012
Urusei Yatsura Episode #25 Fly Imo!. For a lot of reasons, not the least of which is that Ataru, who has at this point saved the world multiple times actually has someone give him credit/thank him for doing something good, instead of just harping on his flaws. Oh & the way he & Lum work together in that episode is beautiful.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
The last episode of Puni-Puni-Poemi because it was made entirely out of damsel bondage and fan-service

Detroit Metal City, episode 4-A or 4-B (I think...)

Negihi, the main character, is reconnecting with a friend of his from high school. She got into entertainment journalism and has ties to people who could get him into the music industry he wants to be a part of (ie: he wants to make sweet folk music). Sadly, when he's given a chance to perform a song he's written at a cafe, he's told to leave if he's just going to play around. The person who tells him to beat it also happens to be someone Negishi looks up to...the worst of it comes when Negishi spies this guy and his old classmate on a date. It appears that they begin to kiss too which pushes Negishi too far...embitterment leads him to drink and drinking leads him to re-write his song. Amai Koibito (Sweet Lover) becomes Warui Koibito (Evil Lover)

What I love most about this episode is how telling it is of Negishi's frame of mind. It makes other songs heard throughout the anime seem like they could just as easily be (and indeed, likely are) other failed folk or, pop songs. Each failure perverted into something Negishi hates and, to his dismay, keeps him on the top in the Japanese Metal Scene.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Episode 15 of Gurren Lagann "I will head towards tomorrow," is such a fantastic wrap up of the series's first half and one of the coolest super robot battles I've ever seen.

Episode 25 of Macross Frontier "Your Sound," is a great climax to the series that's almost entirely an awesome giant robot battle with plenty of resolution and drama to go along with it.

Episodes 63 and 64 of Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, seeing everyone come together to battle the main villain and then the phenomenal epilogue was just an awesome close to the series.

Kitsune Hunter

What a beautiful Duwang!
Dec 18, 2011
I just can't decide my favourite episode of Hunter X Hunter, so I'll just pick the ones I think were the best, because I'm just that indecisive

Episode 85: Kite's death, definitely one of the best shocking moments in the series
Episode 91: The Ant King's birth and so came along my favourite villain of all time
Episode 108: King X Komugi, I don't normally ship, but the relationship between them is just beautiful and it's from a shonen of all things
Episode 111 and 112: the beginning of the palace invasion
Episode 116: Gon and Pitou, very tense situation

But I have a feeling the King vs Netero and the ending of this arc may top it

Elfgore said:
This is a tough one. I think I got it though.

FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood ep.64 aka the last episode.

Everything I could want to happen, happened. When that picture came up, I think I may have cried. The best ending I could imagine from a great anime.
Agreed, the ending was perfect, no loose ends, everything was resolved, the perfect ending to the perfect anime

V4Viewtiful

Feb 12, 2014
The Final Episode of Wolf's Rain is all I can think of right now, very few endings left that kind of impact on me and I thought the way it ended was exceedingly clever. :)

Michael Tabbut

May 22, 2013
While I can't stand Naruto anymore I will admit my favorite episode of the first series was the filler episode where they try to find out what's beneath Kakashi's mask. I'm a sucker for slapstick humor and the episode had it in spades.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Episode 22 ... of Clannad!
You think Kill La Kill got anything emotional on Clannad, YOU'RE WROOOOOOOONG!

Okay, getting that out of the way.
Episode 22 of Clannad, "Two Shadows".

Basically depression comes along and punches you, carries you along ...
Right up until EMOTION makes a grand entrances and stabs you both!

Leaving you to cry, because what you just witnessed ... is just amazing.

A few minutes later, happiness.
More minutes later, romance arrives ... repairs your heart, and you start to cry ... due to happiness and the true romance comes to life.

Such a great episode.

Miss G.

Jun 18, 2013
Episode 37 of Death Note. I love Near and the way he played Light like a fool. I also like that the other protagonists who'd fallen during the Kira case finally got avenged.