Favorite episode of any childhood tv show

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
For me, the answer is simple. Idiot Box from spongebob.

http://sites.psu.edu/reshmajblog/files/2013/04/spongebob-imagination.jpg

I Stomp on Kittens

Don't let go!
Nov 3, 2008
I don't think I could pick just one! I used to always watch The Fairly Odd Parents and Spongebob; they were all so good!

Here's one that sticks out for me and many people!

Besides the awesomeness of that, the episode had a great message and was just good fun!

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
My favorite episode of Spongebob is Krusty Krab Training Video. It isn't really from my childhood though, more my teen-years.

When it comes to childhood cartoons, I grew up on Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and, The Simpsons. From the first, my favorite episode of Invader Zim is 'Zim Eats Waffles' (close second is Angry Beavers wherein they stay up all night). From Cartoon Network: Top Cat, any episode because Top Cat is fucking awesome. As for The Simpsons, I really liked the episode where Bart and Lisa write Itchy and Scratchy cartoons under their Grandpa's name.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
My favorite episode of MegasXLR was "All i wanted was a slushie"

I just love the over the top use of the typical MegasXLR humor and action. Plus the nature of the villain was kinda cool and clever.

Also for ed, edd, n Eddy was the one where they try to spy on Kevin, ill post the url to the moment that specified as to why i love that show later.

2HF

May 24, 2011
And Then There Was Shawn.

Hands down. Boy Meets World meets Scream/Scary Movie. Absolute perfection. Go youtube it right now.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Shoggoth2588 said:
(close second is Angry Beavers wherein they stay up all night)
God, I need to binge Angry Beavers at some stage. All the way through.

So ironically, when I get to the all nighter episode, I myself will be pulling an all nighter. I look forward to how that precise moment will feel.

IllumInaTIma

Flesh is but a garment!
Feb 6, 2012
Probably RECYCLE episode of Rocko's modern life. Show was always freaking bizzare, but that episode just nailed it!
<youtube=qxXjfkYbAys>

PBMcNair

Aug 31, 2009
Terminate421 said:
Didn't get to see that till my mid/late teens, so I was always more partial to the Bruce Cambell episodes. But that whole series is pretty much gold.

OT: Probably have to go with The tale of X9, from Samurai Jack. Go watch it, its quite good.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
That one Rocko's Modern Life ep where Rocko goes to get his driver's license and everybody keeps telling him to watch out for "the fat guy". Don't know the title.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
The episode of David The Gnome where after being accused of being a tad disagreeable, David exclaims "I am not a grumpy bear!"

That's always stuck with me.

wonderboyjohnny

Jan 14, 2011
Johnny Novgorod said:
That one Rocko's Modern Life ep where Rocko goes to get his driver's license and everybody keeps telling him to watch out for "the fat guy". Don't know the title.
"Don't get the fat guy!"

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
wonderboyjohnny said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
"Don't get the fat guy!"
That was it. I think it's the same ep with the wild pig scene. Rocko's taking a class or something about driving and...

Xathos

Jun 7, 2010
Hmm, this is pretty hard. From Hey Arnold, there are two episodes that stand out. One is a Christmas Special where Arnold tries to get Mr.Winn the perfect present: his daughter who is somewhere in the city. The ending of that episode where Helga is standing out of Arnold's place, with none of the main characters aware of how much she helped, and all she says is "Merry Christmas Arnold". My older sister saw that, and remarked that Helga "Looked like an Angel". Don't know why, but that always stuck with me.

The other episode is Helga on the Couch, where Helga goes to see a shrink. It really brought her character into focus, and the whole time she is describing her first (? I think?) day of preschool was just so terribly depressing. I always sort of liked the fact that Helga finally had someone that she could talk to about her emotions, and actually looked forward to seeing the shrink more often.

As a Runner Up, I submit any episode of the Rugrats where the story constantly switches between what the kids were doing, and what they were seeing in their imagination.

Oh, and Epilogue from Justice League Unlimited. Tied everything it needed to tie up, and made Batman Beyond particularly relevant in the whole DCAU.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
That episode of Ed, Edd n' Eddy in which the Eds are nowhere to be found, the rest of the Cul-de-sac kids start to get increasingly paranoid, positive that they are preparing to ambush them with a scam, they find clues, eventually leading them to a monkey-themed park. The other kids start to make use of the rides, while Kevin remains paranoid, sure the Eds will spring on them and steal their cash or otherwise cause them misfortune. Basically, the rest of the neighbour kids get stuck or trapped in humourous ways and Kevin flees.

The final reveal is pretty funny. I won't give that away. But it's a great episode, the effects the eds have on Kevin's psyche is hilarious, and the over-the-top delivery really just MAKES this episode for me.

Oh, and nice avatar, OP. I approve.

EDIT: Oh, or the haunted house episode and the one where Double D gets "sick"!

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
Binnsyboy said:
Shoggoth2588 said:
(close second is Angry Beavers wherein they stay up all night)
God, I need to binge Angry Beavers at some stage. All the way through.

So ironically, when I get to the all nighter episode, I myself will be pulling an all nighter. I look forward to how that precise moment will feel.
Corking show, bought the DVD lately.

I always had a soft spot for Noggin the Nog. Very very charming stuff - the Ice Dragon in particular was one of my favourites. All of the Spongebob episodes linked were great too. Tricky stuff to call.

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
Headsprouter said:
Thank you, I do enjoy Timesplitters. If you already don't know about it, check out this link. Has a lot of great maps to make for that series (provided you still play). http://s7.zetaboards.com/Rec_Room/index/

OT: My favorite episode out of anything the DCAU had was from the original Justice League. Episode: StarCrossed.

Watch from 3:30 on for possibly some of the best action moments in the series. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xp8gyu_starcrossed-5-of-6_shortfilms#.UaFdrUA-Y7c

Hemlet

Jul 31, 2009
For me it's a tie between the episode of ReBoot where Bob gets launched into The Net by Megabyte, or the episode of Beast Wars where Megatron manages to trick Optimus into killing himself.

Mostly I remember these episodes because holy shit not only did the bad guys win, but until following episodes they had effectively won decisively. That blew my mind as a kid.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
mtcp122 said:
Headsprouter said:
Thank you, I do enjoy Timesplitters. If you already don't know about it, check out this link. Has a lot of great maps to make for that series (provided you still play). http://s7.zetaboards.com/Rec_Room/index/
I do still play. As a matter of fact I was playing it on my emulator just this evening! I was making my own story map and attempting those frustrating-as-hell challenges where basically you break stuff. I'll check out that link. Can't wait for Rewind!

excalipoor

Jan 16, 2011
The first episode of Pokémon. I think I got into the cards before the show began its run here, not sure though. One way or another I knew the show was coming, and I was pretty damn excited for it. And then, when the day came, I had to go visit my grandparents. I wasn't happy about it.

I first saw the episode much, MUCH later, when a friend got it on VHS, and it was glorious!