Favorite Fallout 3 location

TheGreatCoolEnergy

Aug 30, 2009
Oasis, The crashed Alien ship, Underworld, The Mall, Pretty much all of old DC, specially the area where Riley's Rangers are.

EDIT: There is a spot in the city where there is an old crashed bomber plane, I found that cool. But just the whole game, I liek the 50's theme, really made the game for me.

Sentient6

Nov 26, 2009
Megaton.. Don't know why.. Just can't bring myself to nuke the place... And I like nuking things...

Shru1kan

Dec 10, 2009
I'd have to go with Arlington Cemetery. has that house with Junders in it if you have the lawbringer perk, the food factory with the Chinese ghouls, its a cool place.

Rawker

Jun 24, 2009
Underworld, museum of technology, Point Lookout, the Pitt, the super fortress I made Big Town into after everyone died, damn I love it all.

zenoaugustus

Feb 5, 2009
Some favorites of mine are, the Jefferson Memorial, the Sacred Bog (it's in Point Lookout and it has one of the coolest sequences in the game, if you haven't downloaded any DLC, I would probably recommend this the most, for pure fun, although Broken Steel enhances the game a lot), Raven Rock was cool merely for the fact that it had a unique feel and design, and obviously Oasis was pretty sweet. There are a lot of other places I had tons of fun with, but none are coming to mind right away.

Joe Matsuda

Aug 24, 2009
oh man...rivit city, megaton, all the vaults, anedale,

little lamplight, republic of dave, oasis...gold ribbon grocers...

...just so many cool places

Apr 28, 2008
The White House and Capitol Building.
Especially with the Enclave Commander mod.

Nothing beats storming the Whitehouse with a battalion on your side. Especially when the Talon Company and Super Mutants are fighting. 3 way war FTW!
Calling in reserve troops, airstrikes, and other help, while your allies are fighting and dying...

You can even call in the Chimera Tanks from Operation Anchorage if you have the DLC. That thing, myself, and my troops vs. And army of Supermutants, a Behemoth, and a Talon Company group a is the most epic battle I have participated in.

It fucked my framerate to hell, but toning down the graphics and it still was far more epic than any battle in Lord of the Rings.

It needs to be on the higher difficulty to be as epic as described.

The trenches in from of the Washington Monument are also pretty epic.

I also liked The Republic of Dave. Mainly because its probably what I would do. Start my own republic with a few friends and name it after myself.

The place where the cannables live is also one of my favorites.
When you arrive its so ominous, the people there seem nice, but you feel like something more is going on...

ElTigreSantiago

Apr 23, 2009
I enjoyed Seward Square. It's right by the Capitol Building, and gives you access to an artillery strike that lets you quickly silence the struggle between Mutants, Talon Mercs and Enclave. And there's even usually an Enclave Vertibird that drops mini nukes on them as well. Not to mention the insane preacher with a mine field of nukes around him.

Bofore13

Feb 3, 2009
My favorite place was definitely the scrapyard, just because of dogmeat, he murders deathclaws, with a little help from a critical headshot from the metal blaster of course.

Jul 19, 2009
The deep swamp of Point Lookout, between the boardwalk and the detention camp.

The sloshy water and the crickets absorbed my senses in a way the Capital couldn't.

Also, radioactive hillbillies. What's not to love?

hotacidbath

Mar 2, 2009
I really liked the Oasis because it was a nice break from the bleak landscape of the rest of the game.

Srkkl

Apr 1, 2009
The cannibal town, it was awesome figuring that one out. Or tranquility lane, if you do that the good way you are one boring ass person.

Toaster Hunter

Jun 10, 2009
The Washington Monument. protected by the Brotherhood of Steel, a short walk from Underworld to get supplies, and the perfect point to snipe super mutants if I get bored.