Favorite film fight scenes

Demolition_Human

May 11, 2013
What it says on the title. What are you fave fight scenes in movies? It can be from fist fights to full on gunfights!! >:D

I quite like the fight scenes in The Raid Redemption!

They were freaking awesome!!!

Axolotl

Feb 17, 2008
The Wild Bunch, the shootout at the end is just perfect in every way. It's gory, brutal, overblown and is a brilliant climax to the film.

SquidVicious

Apr 20, 2011
Country
United States
I've always loved watching the fight between Macbeth and Macduff from Roman Polanski's Macbeth. It's not particularly well choreographed, but it was well edited and there was just something primal about watching two men in suits of armor beat on each other with (presumedly) dull swords.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010

Sorry for the fact that this guy filmed it off the TV but you only need the first 20 seconds to understand why its awesome.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
One of my favourites is from Hero-

It is just so wonderfully (in my view) made like the music, the camera angle and etc.

Anachronism

Apr 9, 2009
There's lots of great ones, no denying. As above, The Raid was basically a 90-minute fight scene, and was absolutely glorious; and Hero features some of the most beautiful martial arts ever put to film, in my opinion.

The Forbidden Kingdom was not a great film. It really squandered the golden opportunity of having Jackie Chan and Jet Li in the same film for the first time, but at least we got to see them fight each other. It's a great fight, and easily the film's best scene.

And the obligatory mention of the corridor beatdown from Oldboy. One take. It's astonishing.

Relish in Chaos

Mar 7, 2012
The final fight between Ip Man and that guy whose name I forget in Ip Man. Ip just went full-on Kenshiro on his ass.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Oh gawd ...

I suggest muting it.

There are more but trying to find good clips is hard 'cos people keep putting fucking music over them "to make them more badass" I guess.

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
I don't have a clip, but I saw an Indian action movie called Singham that had the main character (a supposedly regular cop) take on 100 guys and win in around 8 minutes.

gamernerdtg2

Jan 2, 2013
There would be no fighting in video games without this man:

I can't paste the whole movie, but if you're into this, check out Way of the Dragon. Avoid Return of the Dragon b/c that was the American version. it's not as "crunchy". Way of the Dragon is famous b/c he beats Chuck Norris

I really could post any Bruce Lee movie. Without him, I'm not sure that the street feeling would ever have made itself to the screen, let alone into gaming. He really knew what he was doing, combining his combat experience with his study of acting and directing. He directed Way of The Dragon btw.

run_forrest_run

Dec 28, 2009
Crazy 88 fight scene from Kill Bill. Tarantino's big mistake with these films was putting this in the 1st one. No way he could top it.

Someones already mentioned the Oldboy hallway scene but that's also one of my favourites. It feels raw like an open wound, probably due to the fact that it's one whole take.

gamernerdtg2

Jan 2, 2013
I also thought that this movie was very well done. Donnie Yen as Bruce Lee's teacher (Yip Man). Not done entirely without wires like Bruce did, but it was still amazing choreography. Very stylized but very gritty. Sorry for no subtitles, but I can't find one in English. The basic jist - jerk face comes into Yip Man's home to challenge him. At the end, Yip Man is like "it's not about the style, it's about who you are as a person". So poignant and so true. Loved this movie.

The second Yip Man movie wasn't as good as the first IMO, but it was still solid. You can't go wrong with Sammo Hung's choreography (for both Yip Man 1 and 2). If you're into Yip Man2, get the one that they released in the US b/c the English subtitle translation is WAY better. Yip Man 3 is only for die hards, as Donnie Yen isn't in it.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Heat has my favorite firefight of all time, but as some on has already proved... Tony Jaa's the master of awesome martial arts fight scenes!

MPerce

May 29, 2011
The mall fight at the end of Police Story, aka FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, JACKIE CHAN, PLEASE STOP TRYING TO BREAK YOUR SPINE FOR OUR AMUSEMENT.

(the absurdly dangerous stunts begin around the 8:40 mark)

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
Okay. EXCUSE ME?! You should all be ASHAMED. How has this not been posted RIGHT AWAY? GAW!!!

I MEAN COME ON. IT'S THE GREATEST FIGHT SCENE EVER!!! D:<

The part before it where the Ken Lo is kicking Jackie's ass (before he gets drunk) is really awesome too, but I can't find a good clip of the whole thing. But the drunk bit is the very best part anyway.

My favorite part? Ken Lo picks up a chair to fend off drunk Jackie, and Jackie literally DISINTEGRATES IT. NO FUCKS GIVEN. FUCK YO CHAIR!! XD

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
Fappy said:
Heat has my favorite firefight of all time, but as some on has already proved... Tony Jaa's the master of awesome martial arts fight scenes!
I can't remember if it was you I spoke to about this on a similar thread, but I absolutely agree. Got to be one of the best gunfights going, keeps the intensity really well despite its length. Then again, Mann is generally great when it comes to gunfights; there's some great ones in Collateral and Public Enemies too.

For martial arts fights I've always liked this one from Fearless. I'm no expert on the technical side of things but it's ever so atmospheric, and pretty brutal.

Anyway, enough of this fancy martial arts bollocks.

Karhukonna

Nov 3, 2010
This fight from the Jackie Chan film Gorgeous.

I love it 'cos you so rarely see a fight that's not only fair, but against such a noble villain. He even agrees to fight Jackie while wearing bigger gloves, just to give himself a slight handicap due to Jackie being a little out of shape. A villain who just wants a fair, even match. I suppose he's not really a bad guy, but he still serves as the violent villain for the film.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Wadders said:
I seem to recall such a conversation XD

Honestly, Heat deserves the attention. Such an under-appreciated classic.

Jamieson 90

Mar 29, 2010
Fight scenes from Equilibrium

Troy doesn't get a mention? Surely Achilles vs Hector should?

Are you not entertained?

No one has put any of the Star Wars duels up?

And of course we can't forget Rocky.