• Dark Souls 2

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Bloodborne

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Dark Souls 3

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

• Armored Core (series) in general since there’s like 15 of them? State specific entry below

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • King’s Field (series) state specific entry below

• Echo Night (series) state specific entry below

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (maxed out poll, please state specific entry below)

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Well @09philj was right, Armored Core 4 is a great game, if any of you like mechs and haven't tried it you definitely should, these mechs lean more Gundam than Mechwarrior though, if you prefer the Battletech style more I'd recommend Chromehounds instead which is also great.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
Well @09philj was right, Armored Core 4 is a great game, if any of you like mechs and haven't tried it you definitely should, these mechs lean more Gundam than Mechwarrior though, if you prefer the Battletech style more I'd recommend Chromehounds instead which is also great.
Armored Core: For Answer is a direct sequel in the same engine and will deliver more (Slightly tweaked) Armored Core 4 if you aren't satisfied by AC4 alone.

Reactions: Kae

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Armored Core: For Answer is a direct sequel in the same engine and will deliver more (Slightly tweaked) Armored Core 4 if you aren't satisfied by AC4 alone.
4 changed a lot of thing and it kinda suffered because of that, most mission are incredibly simple with a good chunk of them being completable in under a minute. Part and weapon list was also really low.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Played the tutorial of Curious Expedition 2 and I have to say that, aesthetically, the game looks way worse than the first one. I really liked the pixel art style the first game had and the paper doll style doesn't even come close, even though I'm sure it took more effort to make. Also the combat doesn't seem quite as good, but maybe it gets deeper as I've only done 2 tutorial fights. In the first game you could make a ton of different combos with different dice, but in the sequel it seems you can only use same colored dice to add a predetermined boost onto an attack, doesn't seem quite as deep yet.

After playing this far my enthusiasm for the game has dropped off a bit, I've read they are still updating it, so I think I'm gonna wait until they are finished developing the game before I play any more of it.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Having only payed Dark Souls 1, 2 and 3, I'm pretty sure my vote shouldn't carry the full weight of a singular, more knowledgeable vote, but I voted for DS1. Mostly because it's the one I've spent the most time with (arguably the one game I've put more hours into than any other save for Morrowind,) and I've not yet completed DS3, but already get the impression I'm not anticipating another immediate playthrough, either NG+ or NG, as I felt with DS1.

I'm just happy DS2 hasn't gotten any votes; that game can choke on a bag of pubic louse-infected dicks.

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Having only payed Dark Souls 1, 2 and 3, I'm pretty sure my vote shouldn't carry the full weight of a singular, more knowledgeable vote, but I voted for DS1. Mostly because it's the one I've spent the most time with (arguably the one game I've put more hours into than any other save for Morrowind,) and I've not yet completed DS3, but already get the impression I'm not anticipating another immediate playthrough, either NG+ or NG, as I felt with DS1.

I'm just happy DS2 hasn't gotten any votes; that game can choke on a bag of pubic louse-infected dicks.
If ever you get the chance, you should definitely check out Bloodborne at some point, as judging by your tastes spoken here before, it should align quite neatly even more than the average souls game. It's impressively dark, twisted and only gets moreso as it goes on. Such disturbing sights to see!

Btw I voted DS2 just to spite you. Hehe! 😉

Reactions: Kae and Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
If ever you get the chance, you should definitely check out Bloodborne at some point, as judging by your tastes spoken here before, it should align quite neatly even more than the average souls game. It's impressively dark, twisted and only gets moreso as it goes on. Such disturbing sights to see!
I know; I just don't have a PS4/5 to try it as yet, and haven't been impressed with the course of gaming for the past several years enough to bother getting one for the singular title I MIGHT want to try. I do want to play it though, maybe once PS5s are readily available and a PS4 can be purchased from a pawn shop or crack whore for like $25.
Btw I voted DS2 just to spite you. Hehe!
As for that...

[/quote]

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde