Favorite game intro?

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
Nobody has mentioned Legacy Of Kain Yet!? ....Escapists, I am very very disappointed in you and i think you should go to your rooms and think about what you've done.

Don't mean to sound like an ass but...we've gone four pages and NOBODY has mentioned this intro. I mean, look at it! It's just perfect in every conceivable way and is definitely my first choice for best intro ever.

AMX58

Jan 27, 2010
Winback Covert Opertions for N64
{http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgEckARWMYM}
and also Wet
{http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=139iRWRFafA}

FaceFaceFace

Nov 18, 2009
The Wykydtron said:
Persona 4, simply because Igor's voice is so badass... The actual pre title screen intro has the same problem most anime openings have i.e. it's spoilerific

Plus the intro gets way more awesome when you play through again
Ninja. I was about to complain about this when I saw your post. Then I saw several more people post the Persona 4 intro. I guess they love spoilers. It pissed me off because, although I accidentally spoiled the true murderer for myself, it was the game's own freaking intro that spoiled that I would fight Shadow Teddie! I totally wouldn't have expected him to have a shadow if the game hadn't told me itself before hand. The clip they showed even included the words "Shadow Teddie," just in case the visual spoiler wasn't enough. The intro song was also, oddly enough, the only song in the game that I didn't like, so P4's intro fails on every count for me.

For an intro I did like, Half-Life 2. There isn't really an intro cinematic per say, but you aren't in control when the G-Man is talking to you at the very start. Just his voice and the weird imagery and then *poof* you're on a tram in a dystopian city. Great.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
I used to really enjoy these 2 intros they are pritty awesome.

also who can forget the DK rap :p

MLChanges

Feb 26, 2011
I so need to play/replay some of these games. I've been trying to make time for Persona 3&4 for about a year and now I want to go back and play the Chrono games now. Maybe I'll just give up on new games and stick with my RPG collection for the rest of my days. the be on topic I Vote for Zelda:LTTP for the memories if nothing else.

http://youtu.be/Bws3KuBuruU

walrusaurus

Mar 1, 2011
Warcraft 3.
With Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time in a close second.

EDIT: Holy crap, i just realized the first words of the WC3 intro are "the sands of time" ....crazy!

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
Some of my favourites over the years have already been mentioned, but a few others spring to mind:

Ah the Thief series, so slick, so stylish, so goddamned awesome.

For strategy games though I think this is my favourite:

Really captures the essence of a good strategy game.

lachcal

Jul 31, 2011
Mortal Kombat Armageddon, it's awesome to see every one of the kombatants fighting at once.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAIIkCTcoPU

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Deadlock Radium said:
<youtube=GqbgncFCO0M>

It just gives me the chills, and I love it so damn much :D
Also, it features one of my favourite songs :D
I loved that intro, and I thought it was really well done.

I thought the song fit the intro and the game fairly well, and it's a really good song too!

Breywood

Jun 22, 2011
I had a bit of a lull at work last night and a few others came to mind for honorable mention. So, without further ado:

#4 It was a close battle between Neverwinter Nights 2 and Blizzard's Warcraft 3. Very close battle. In the end, however, the margin was Neverwinter Nights 2.
<youtube=7UcOb5H7T8M>

#3 Neverwinter Nights. A totally awesome battle between a young Lord Nasher and a minotaur.

<youtube=PDJyOTLAK4Y>

#2 I think that about one in four kids had to change their pants when this intro played for the first time on their Commodore 64's. This is emulated through a 4-voice 8-bit sound synthesizer. That feat alone earns a special place of remembrance. The other memorable feat would be the time when EA didn't suck.

<youtube=XetgpWY7WOg>

The Boy in the Hat

Sep 30, 2010
Only two people said Borderlands? :')

I loved the Borderlands intro. A nice little pen-and-ink cinematic that sums up neatly what you're doing, with humour and a little cuteness, then the most cinematic and rocking bus journey ever conceived.