Favorite Gundam Series.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Ah yes Gundam Wing... a poorly written and poorly animated rehash of the original Gundam concent starring a whole bunch of soulless Bishounen's with a whole bunch of Peacecraft Kingdom Crazy heaped on top of it. I'm not a fan.

I prefer the Tomino Directed Series's, the best of them being the awesome Victory Gundam, but with Zeta Gundam coming in right behind it.

Of the Non-Tomino Gundam Series' I'll throw my weight behind Mobile Fighter G Gundam, it knows what it is, and what it has to be, but still manages to rise about your average Super Robot Show by the truly awesome ending.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
The original Universal Century ones, not those spinoffs.
08th MS Team
Z Gundam
ZZ Gundam
Chars Counter Attack
I think thats it.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Frank_Sinatra_ said:
08th MS Team
Z Gundam
ZZ Gundam
Chars Counter Attack
I think thats it.
You forgot Gundam F91 (Movie) and Victory Gundam (Series) they both came after Chars Counter Attack in the UC timeline. Haven't seen F91, but I can vouch that if you liked Z Gundam, you'll like Victory, though it is a hell of a lot bleaker.

Also "Turn A Gundam" could be considered the Unofficial "happy ending" to the Universal Century storyline.

(0079, Zeta, Double Zeta, Chars Counter Attack, Victory and Turn A are all directed by Yoshiyuki Tomino, the guy who CREATED Gundam in the first place)

ae86gamer

Mar 10, 2009
G Gundam was the best. My favorite was Neo America's Gundam, Chibodee Crocket was awesome :D

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
I need to finish watching Turn A...

0080: War in the Pocket is the best. Hands down.

AbsoluteVirtue18

Jan 14, 2009
PedroSteckecilo said:
Ah yes Gundam Wing... a poorly written and poorly animated rehash of the original Gundam concent starring a whole bunch of soulless Bishounen's with a whole bunch of Peacecraft Kingdom Crazy heaped on top of it. I'm not a fan.

I prefer the Tomino Directed Series's, the best of them being the awesome Victory Gundam, but with Zeta Gundam coming in right behind it.

Of the Non-Tomino Gundam Series' I'll throw my weight behind Mobile Fighter G Gundam, it knows what it is, and what it has to be, but still manages to rise about your average Super Robot Show by the truly awesome ending.
No reason to be rude, man.

I did like Char's Counterattack too.

Lazzi

Apr 12, 2008
I have to admit that I liked 00.

Yes it was very different but you could see that the characters had there own problems to deal with and none of them sufferd from a terminal case of awsome.

I also liked the fact that its was the Gundams distruction that brought the world together, not them destorying "the enemy"

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
PedroSteckecilo said:
Frank_Sinatra_ said:
08th MS Team
Z Gundam
ZZ Gundam
Chars Counter Attack
I think thats it.
You forgot Gundam F91 (Movie) and Victory Gundam (Series) they both came after Chars Counter Attack in the UC timeline. Haven't seen F91, but I can vouch that if you liked Z Gundam, you'll like Victory, though it is a hell of a lot bleaker.

Also "Turn A Gundam" could be considered the Unofficial "happy ending" to the Universal Century storyline.

(0079, Zeta, Double Zeta, Chars Counter Attack, Victory and Turn A are all directed by Yoshiyuki Tomino, the guy who CREATED Gundam in the first place)
Ah thank you, I'm going on a Gundam marathon lately.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Sparrowsabre7 said:
Gundam 00 the first season anyway. Second season annoyed me a lot =(
Lazzi said:
I have to admit that I liked 00.

Yes it was very different but you could see that the characters had there own problems to deal with and none of them sufferd from a terminal case of awsome.

I also liked the fact that its was the Gundams distruction that brought the world together, not them destorying "the enemy"
I'm of the personal opinion that 00 S2 was a collection of individually cool episodes that just managed to have no narrative cohesion whatsoever if you stuck them together.