Favorite handheld games

Demolition_Human

May 11, 2013
What it says on the title. It can be from handheld consoles, to tablets and smartphones and anything in between.

Some of my fave titles are Metroid Zero Mission, Mario vs Donkey Kong (excluding the minis section cause it was annoying), Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World, Robocop for the gameboy, Super Mario Land 2: 6 golden coins, and because of the nostalgia glasses, The Fidgetts, also for the gameboy.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
Pokemon games (my favourites being Gold and Silver), Jump Ultimate Stars, Ghost Trick, Ace Attorney series, Advance wars.

Those are the games I've played the most.

Miss G.

Jun 18, 2013
Pokemon main series (minus Diamond & Pearl) and Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time and Conquest, SMT Devil Survivor: Overclocked, P3P and P4G, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories and Birth By Sleep, TWEWY, Okamiden, Shaman King: Master of Spirits, Tales of the World; Radiant Mythology, Mana Khemia: Student Alliance, Dragon Warrior Monsters, FF3 and Dissidia, Tekken 5 and 6.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
Elite Beat Agents. Nothing compares.
I'm not even that big a fan of rhythm action games, but Elite Beat Agents is easily in my top 10 games of all time. I don't know how you couldn't love a game that bonkers.

Julius Terrell

Feb 27, 2013
Super Dodgeball advance
Advance wars
Super Mario Land series
Lumines
Pokémon red/blue/gold/silver
Tetris (Gameboy color version and the original Gameboy version) Played that sucker till my hands cramped

I'm sure I would have loved all the castlevania games but I didn't really get the chance to play them.

Edit: If the Virtual Boy counts.....

Teleboxer
Red Alarm That game had some kick ass music
Mario Tennis
Galactic Pinball

I don't care what people say about the virtual boy. I ENJOYED hours and hours of playing these games. I wish I come play them now. :(

Forgot Mario Kart DS

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Julius Terrell said:
Edit: If the Virtual Boy counts.....

Teleboxer
Red Alarm That game had some kick ass music
Mario Tennis
Galactic Pinball

I don't care what people say about the virtual boy. I ENJOYED hours and hours of playing these games. I wish I come play them now. :(
I tried playing with a Virtual Boy in a car once...don't ever play with a Virtual Boy while in a moving vehicle. I agree with Teleroboxer and Mario Tennis though! Great games.

---

Pokemon (from Red to White and soon to be Y)
Mario Kart 7, Final Fantasy IV, Starfy no Densetsu (Starfy on GBA), Metroid Fusion, Warioland 4, Warioware. Inc, Link's Awakening DX...I'm sure there are more. I'm really looking forward to Link to another World or whatever it's called and, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team.

Zykmiester

Jun 22, 2010
Pokemon(any), Metroid Fusion, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters, Advance Wars

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
Animal Crossing New Leaf is eating a good portion of my free time, as did Persona 4 Golden last year.

Windcaler

Nov 7, 2010
Right now I really only play my Vita normally which doesnt have many great games for it. The ones that are good include Soul sacrifice, silent hill book of memories, Persona 4 Golden, and Muramasa Rebirth. It also has a ton of older games like Vagrant story, Parasite eve 2, and other old JRPGs that I still love today

However when I go for a long trip like getting on a plane Ill take my Razer edge and play whatever singleplayer PC game I want to. My fiance and I went to help my uncle move a few weeks ago and for the hour I didnt drive I played Dishonored

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
The World Ends with You, KH: Dream Drop Distance, KH: Birth by Sleep, FFVII: Crisis Core, Fire Emblem: Awakening...Besides that, I haven't played many, but I just go where Kingdom Hearts is.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
I would have to say Mario&Luigi Superstar Saga is my favorite.

suntt123

Jun 3, 2013
Atlus games. Specifically, the Shin Megami Tensei Spin offs. More specifically Devil Survivor. SMT IV is going to be in the 3DS so I'll be getting that too. Also, Super Mario 3D Land. I liked its shorter, more fast paced level design to the "main" 3D Mario games.

Most (3)DS RPGs are good. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, The World Ends With You, Knights in The Nightmare, Kingdom Hearts, etc.

Besides those, Patapon and Monster Hunter Portable Expansions (Monster Hunter Freedom 2 and Freedom Unite).

Actually, funny story. I bought the 3DS after I read about Monster Hunter 3G being released in Japan. This was in late 2011. The game took nearly 2 years to get to the west and then it got a port for the Wii U. So I bought a Wii U for that version instead. I ended up buying 2 consoles for Monster Hunter 3 G (3 Ultimate in the west)... I don't regret it though. I've had plenty to play on both.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
  • Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
    Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
    Medievil Resurrection
    Tactics Ogre Let Us Cling Together
    Final Fantasy Tactics The War of the Lions

In that order.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Donkey Kong Land is the only handheld title that I kept playing (Still have a savegame of over 60 hours from back then). So yeah that is my fave one :p

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Pretty much every Pokemon game
Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
The World Ends With You
Half-Minute Hero
Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons/Ages
Megaman Battle Network 3
Tetris
Golden Sun/Lost Age
Persona 2: Innocent Sin
Persona 3 Portable

And although I haven't played it yet (due to not having a Vita) I can safely put Persona 4 Golden on here. Because Persona 4.

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
Puzzle Quest on DS and Dissidia Duodecim these are the only two handheld games that have made me want to play on a handheld device when I have access to the consoles and PC.