Final Fantasy Dissidia
Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
Advance Wars: Dual Strike
Pokemon Black
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

I don't play a lot of handheld games.

AlwaystheUnlucky

Oct 5, 2010
Final Fantasy: Dissidia was really fun, and shining soul II was a guilty pleasure, but I think the prize of favorite handheld game goes to Golden Sun or its sequel. War of the Lions was an excellent game and would have been my favorite if it were remade for the handheld console crowd instead (why do the animations take too long?)

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Hard to choose but:

Absolute favorites: Ocarina of Time 3D and Pokemon Black and White
Zelda handheld games: Link's Awakening, Oracle of Seasons/Ages, Minish Cap, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks
Other Pokemon games: Black and White 2, Fire Red, Heart Gold, Platinum, Ruby, Emerald
Golden Sun GBA games
Metroid Fusion and Metroid Zero Mission
New Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Land 1 and 2
Mario and Luigi Super Star Saga
God of War: Ghost of Sparta
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep

Riddle78

Jan 19, 2010
I'm not much of a handheld gamer,myself. However,I do have fond memories of a few. Birth by Sleep,while it made me RAGE (Terra's final boss. Critical difficulty. RAEG!) at times,it was an amazing game that I'd replay in a heartbeat if I had a working PSP. War of the Lions is also another good game that I'd replay,but not without a guide. You know the Marquis? On the castle rooftop? With is two pet assassins,and the guy you have to keep alive? Yeah. I can't win,as the VIP has all the survival instinct of one of Warframe's Infested Runners. Great game,however. I probably have to smack him with a Stop spell or something. Finally,there's Castlevania: Portrait of ruin on the DS. Hardcore Castlevania fans rag on this,primarily,in my experience,because of the art style. I never played a different Castlevania game,so I have no frame of reference,but it's a great game,with plenty of replayability,due to Sisters Mode,Richter Mode,and Armour Mode. And level caps. And "Hard" mode which just makes things Arcade Hard. And then there's the Den of Evil. Love the place. Although,I've yet to beat the Doppleganger in a fair fight...

Vern5

Mar 3, 2011
The World Ends with You.

Most of the handheld games I own have some sort of gaming equivalent somewhere in the world. Fire Emblem Awakening is hardly unique in its tactical gameplay. Animal Crossing and Rune Factory seem to share the same space in my mind. Even Elite Beat Agents has many siblings and copycats within its genre.

The World Ends with You has few matches. That combat gameplay... I can't find an equivalent anywhere. It struck this bizarre balance between ridiculous and engaging. Also the setting was great but sadly left to die.

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
Apollo Justice Ace Attorney
Dragonball Z: Legacy of Goku
Dragonball Z: Legacy of Goku 2
Golden Sun
Golden Sun: The Lost Age
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Miles Edgeworth Ace Attorney: Investigations
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice for All
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations

No particular order of preference. They're all absolutely amazing and I love them.

But Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age are still my favorites.