Favorite Indie game of 2010

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
Minecraft, followed by Amnesia: the Dark Descent. If 2011 comes up with another two sleeper hits like these it'll be another great year for the indies.

IndianaJonny

Mysteron Display Team
Jan 6, 2011
I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MBIES 1N IT!!!1

I'll grant it has few artistic merits but it just wonderfully summed-up the 'here's a game go have fun' ethos.

Hader

Jul 7, 2010
comadorcrack said:
There's gonna be a lot of minecraft coming up.... (though I could be wrong)

Though I'd say Amnesia: The Dark Decent. Scary... very Very Scary....
I second Amnesia. Only played a small portion of it but the atmosphere of it was amazing.

Gunner_Guardian

Jul 15, 2009
*epic voice* SUPER MEAT BOY!

I can't get enough of that game even though I'm stuck at 6-5 Omega too. I can never get past the part where you jump DOWN from the ledge after grabbing the key. I don't even want to know what the dark world version of the world is.

Blemontea

May 25, 2010
The Path in the indie horror bundle on steam. The main game of walking around a forest for hours learning about your character through inner monoulge and movements is so well executed and the fact it is telling a huge half of the story without words is certainly something to celebrate it for.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
I would say Angry Birds, but the entire concept waxs used by many flash games in like, '05 soooooooo I go for Super Meat Boy. AtDD was very good, but I feel it got enough press to push it out of the compitetion. Well....the same could be said for SMB but it's rare in this day and age to make a game damn near impossible and market that as it's selling point....besides Demon'sssssss Souls DAMMIT SHUT UP.

Jaime_Wolf

Jul 17, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
I never even bought the "full" version.
This is why you think ill of it.

The basic version IS just a huge timesink and, at least for me, got boring pretty quickly. The full version with its infinite worlds, dangerous nights, redstone wiring, and amazing random terrain terrain is on a whole other level.

Danish rage

Sep 26, 2010
Well i usually don´t waste my time on Indie games, not with so many AAA/AA or A titels every year and no money limet. And i dislike some of the more pretentious people playing them so i stay away from the usually halfbaked products Indie games are.

That said i kinda enjoyed that dorritos crash course game they released for free, mostly because they understand crap should be free.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
None of the indie games I saw interested me. I don't like horror, so that means no Amnesia. I've not interested in new 2D platformers (but if indie devs made some 3D ones, I'm a sucker for that genre), so that kills a lot of choices. And I'm positively sure I'd hate Minecraft. So...

Shank looks interesting. I haven't played it, though.

I'm just going to say World of Goo. Because it's the only indie game I played last year, and it's still just as good as it was in 2008 (or was it 2007?).

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Jaime_Wolf said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
I never even bought the "full" version.
This is why you think ill of it.

The basic version IS just a huge timesink and, at least for me, got boring pretty quickly. The full version with its infinite worlds, dangerous nights, redstone wiring, and amazing random terrain terrain is on a whole other level.
Exactly. I tried the "classic" version early and thought "meh' it's ok I guess. Then I jumped on the paid version near the end of the Alpha and BOOM! four hours gone just like that.