Favorite JoJo Stand?

Jolly Co-operator

A Heavy Sword
Mar 10, 2012
Sean Hollyman said:
Jolly Co-operator said:
Sean Hollyman said:
Jolly Co-operator said:
Although the OP didn't ask for it, I'm going to list my least favorite Stand. I hate to say it, but it's Silver Chariot. I like his design, and I like Polnareff; in fact, I think he had some of my favorite fights in the series. However, it doesn't feel like Silver Chariot's abilities bring much of anything unique to the group. He's fast, and incredibly precise . . . just like Star Platinum, who also has the benefit of incredible strength. Sure, we're told that his sword can cut through just about anything, but off the top of my head, the only time I remember that really mattering is when he fought Abdul, and used his sword to slice through his flames with ease.
But then Silver Chariot goes on to become one of the coolest looking Stands later on.

I'm getting near to the end of part 6 now and Killer Queen is still my favorite
Looks pretty cool. Spoiling as little as possible, when does it happen?
Somewhere towards near the end of Part V ;)
Awesome, thanks :) I'm almost done with Stardust Crusaders, and I've heard that Diamond is Unbreakable is really good, so I'm looking forward to getting there :D

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Jolly Co-operator said:
Sean Hollyman said:
Jolly Co-operator said:
Sean Hollyman said:
Jolly Co-operator said:
Although the OP didn't ask for it, I'm going to list my least favorite Stand. I hate to say it, but it's Silver Chariot. I like his design, and I like Polnareff; in fact, I think he had some of my favorite fights in the series. However, it doesn't feel like Silver Chariot's abilities bring much of anything unique to the group. He's fast, and incredibly precise . . . just like Star Platinum, who also has the benefit of incredible strength. Sure, we're told that his sword can cut through just about anything, but off the top of my head, the only time I remember that really mattering is when he fought Abdul, and used his sword to slice through his flames with ease.
But then Silver Chariot goes on to become one of the coolest looking Stands later on.

I'm getting near to the end of part 6 now and Killer Queen is still my favorite
Looks pretty cool. Spoiling as little as possible, when does it happen?
Somewhere towards near the end of Part V ;)
Awesome, thanks :) I'm almost done with Stardust Crusaders, and I've heard that Diamond is Unbreakable is really good, so I'm looking forward to getting there :D
I actually started the manga at Part 4 since I was still watching the part 3 anime at the time. Part 4 and part 7 are usually considered the best in the series and I agree. They're so awesome!

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
SGT_Noobnuts said:
syaoran728 said:
SGT_Noobnuts said:
Fappy said:
ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA!
MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA MUDAAAAA!!!!

.............I'm sorry, I couldn't resist
ARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARI

Arrivederci!
Well....might as well wrap it up

VOLAVOLAVOLAVOLVAVOLAVOLAVOLAVOLAVOLAVOLAVOLAVOLAVOLAVOLAVOLAVOLAVOLVOLA

VOLARE VIA!
You cant stop the battlecries!

DORARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARA

DORAH!

OT: There are way too many stands to pick a favourite, so I guess Ill just list some of my favourites.

Ill just say the really obvious ones first, Star Platinum, The World, Crazy Diamond. Those three really shouldnt need much of an explanation, theyre all just so cool.

Uh theres Killer Queen, my favourite villain stand in the series, and in the tradition of Jojo villain stands, its super goddamn overpowered. Maybe not to the level of The World or King Crimson, but Killer Queen will absolutely wreck your shit. Plus its just such a cool stand design and name!

Weather Report and Diver Down from Stone Ocean, both really cool stands with amazing abilities, they arent super overpowered (Well, Weather Report kind of is, but you need to know what you're doing for it to be that effective)

Survivor (also from Stone Ocean) is also really cool, despite being incredibly useless for the wielder its just such a funny useless stand ability, I love it so much.

Superfly from Diamond is Unbreakable, another stand that should be the most useless thing ever (and 99% of the time, it is)

Soft and Wet from the Jojolion is a really interesting stand, its abilities are used in really interesting ways so far, and im really interested to see it utilized more as time goes on.

Metallica from Vento Aureo is another cool stand, alongside Abbachio's stand (the name of it escapes me at this moment), Buccelati's Sticky Fingers is also a cool versatile stand.

God id be here all day if I listed every stand that I love, I guess if I really had to pick an overall favourite, I would go with Killer Queen as my current favourite, its just so cool

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
The_Blue_Rider said:
SGT_Noobnuts said:
syaoran728 said:
SGT_Noobnuts said:
Fappy said:
ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA!
MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA MUDAAAAA!!!!

Arrivederci!

VOLARE VIA!

DORARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARA

DORAH!

OT: There are way too many stands to pick a favourite, so I guess Ill just list some of my favourites.

Ill just say the really obvious ones first, Star Platinum, The World, Crazy Diamond. Those three really shouldnt need much of an explanation, theyre all just so cool.

Uh theres Killer Queen, my favourite villain stand in the series, and in the tradition of Jojo villain stands, its super goddamn overpowered. Maybe not to the level of The World or King Crimson, but Killer Queen will absolutely wreck your shit. Plus its just such a cool stand design and name!

Weather Report and Diver Down from Stone Ocean, both really cool stands with amazing abilities, they arent super overpowered (Well, Weather Report kind of is, but you need to know what you're doing for it to be that effective)

Survivor (also from Stone Ocean) is also really cool, despite being incredibly useless for the wielder its just such a funny useless stand ability, I love it so much.

Superfly from Diamond is Unbreakable, another stand that should be the most useless thing ever (and 99% of the time, it is)

Soft and Wet from the Jojolion is a really interesting stand, its abilities are used in really interesting ways so far, and im really interested to see it utilized more as time goes on.

Metallica from Vento Aureo is another cool stand, alongside Abbachio's stand (the name of it escapes me at this moment), Buccelati's Sticky Fingers is also a cool versatile stand.

God id be here all day if I listed every stand that I love, I guess if I really had to pick an overall favourite, I would go with Killer Queen as my current favourite, its just so cool
Agreed on Killer Queen being the best villain Stand. It wasn't too hard to understand (WTF KING CRIMZON) and it fit Kira well.

Overall design though it's gotta be Chariot Reqiuem :3

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Stairway to Heaven is my favorite Jojo stand, if only because it is the only stand, which has the only stand user, that actually beats the good guys.

Dio and The World? failed
Kira and Killer Queen? failed
Diavolo and WTF HOW DOES THIS WORK? failed
Pucci and Stairway to Heaven? Success

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
SajuukKhar said:
Stairway to Heaven is my favorite Jojo stand, if only because it is the only stand, which has the only stand user, that actually beats the good guys.

Dio and The World? failed
Kira and Killer Queen? failed
Diavolo and WTF HOW DOES THIS WORK? failed
Pucci and Stairway to Heaven? Success

But then gets beaten by Emporio, and the people he beat come back with an arguably better life.

Benpasko

Jul 3, 2011
Any Vento Aureo stand, especially the main cast's. My favorite part of the manga, just slightly beating Stone Ocean. The villain is the most mysterious in the series, and definitely one of the most intimidating.
Extra love for Sex Pistols for living up to the potential of the emperor that hol horse didn't in part 3, and Gold Experience is the best JoJo(/GioGio) stand in the series imo.

King Crimson is definitely one of my favorite Villain Stands, too. He's one of the most deadly fighters in the series, with a stand ability on par with Dio's. It's not quite as fancy as knives or ROAD ROLLA, but just as dangerous in the context of part 5.
Erase Time: King Crimson's signature ability is to put it simply, skip time. To go into detail, it deletes about 10 seconds worth of time, during which only it can move and predict the movements of other people. No living creature on this world can experience or remember the deleted time. The moving arms of a clock and flying birds seem like they teleport, and people forget how much of a book they've read. It's weakness is the short range and low durability, so taking on multiple people at once could result in someone finding out the user's identity.

The nature of the time erase is such that, for example, a bullet that would have hit Diavolo will suddenly be shifted to be on his other side as where it would be seconds later.

Edit: Also props to Killer Queen, my favorite stand in All-Star Battle

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Sean Hollyman said:
But then gets beaten by Emporio, and the people he beat come back with an arguably better life.
Na, he gets beat by weather report, emperio was just a tool for weather ports stand.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
SajuukKhar said:
Sean Hollyman said:
Na, he gets beat by weather report, emperio was just a tool for weather ports stand.
Wut

When did that happen? I always thought it was Emporio doing it

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Sean Hollyman said:
Wut

Here's the pic where Emporio outright admits he isn't doing it, its just the stand's hidden ability acting on its own.

"I'm not controlling it"
"this is weather's hidden ability"

(you have to right click and hit view image to be able to get it at full rez to read it)

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
Sean Hollyman said:
The_Blue_Rider said:
SGT_Noobnuts said:
syaoran728 said:
SGT_Noobnuts said:
Fappy said:

Arrivederci!

VOLARE VIA!

DORAH!

Agreed on Killer Queen being the best villain Stand. It wasn't too hard to understand (WTF KING CRIMZON) and it fit Kira well.

Overall design though it's gotta be Chariot Reqiuem :3

Also yeah Chariot Requiem is a sick design, a bit of a shocking change from regular Chariot. Honestly though I think my personal favourite stand design would be Star Platinum, he's a classic, I just love the image of Jotaro with this berserker barbarian figure at his back

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
SajuukKhar said:
Sean Hollyman said:
Wut

Here's the pic where Emporio outright admits he isn't doing it, its just the stand's hidden ability acting on its own.

"I'm not controlling it"
"this is weather's hidden ability"

(you have to right click and hit view image to be able to get it at full rez to read it)
Oh right, yeah that makes sense. Pretty cool that Weather continued his vendetta against Pucci even after death :3