Favorite Kickstarter

slysean

Jul 16, 2012
This Thread is for the purpose of discussing the phenomenon of crowd funding and what already funded games look interesting or naming an under appreciated gem. For example "Mansion lord" or "Wild Harvest" for interesting takes on old formulas.

Those are mine, what are yours?

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
Well I've only funded two video games that actually got fully funded, and one was Mighty No. 9

The other was an iOS game called Professor Cat's Mazing Machine...it was okay.

Not a video game, but the one I'm really enthralled with right now is Big Angry Monsters. It's very sad that it doesn't seem like it's going to get funded though since it needs to raise like $17,000 in about 3 days...

slysean

Jul 16, 2012
Storytelling is pretty good; I forgot to mention one more: Shantae half genie hero, which was a "partner" of mighty # 9 looked promising, glad to seem it got funded and met a few stretch goals.

BernardoOne

Jun 7, 2012
I helped funding A Hat In Time(collectathon plataformer with influences of Banjo Kazooie and Mario 64) and Dreamfall Chapters(the sequel to some of my favorite games ever). None of those are out yet, but they have constant updates, hear feedback from the backers and are overall shaping up to be great products.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
I'm extremely happy with Dreamfall: Chapters, which is good considering I threw a good chunk of money their way. In fact I'm pretty sure that's the most I've ever spent on a single game in my life. No regrets however as it really does seem to be shaping up well and the devs have been giving fairly regular and meaty feedback to backers.

Otherwise I backed Project Eternity and anyone who's paying attention will have seen how well that's coming together. That trailer released just the other day was fantastic!

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
So out of the clearly awesome and already mentioned ones (Eternity, Deamfall: Chapters, Wasteland 2, Torment) I have to say I particular like Pillars of Eternity's project updates. They are always pretty cool, and on the other side of things I find it interesting how Brian Fargo deals with people's 'enthusiasm' for Wasteland and Torment, particular with the turn-based/real-time thing.

But outside of them, I haven't had a game project finish yet, so I can't judge. But I'm really digging The Mandate's story vibe and design style. This [http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1964463742/the-mandate/posts/657145] update on how they came to the art design for the Empress was really cool, and just generally their Space Imperial Russia tone actually feels really rich and pretty unique. A backer pledged 10,000 only to remove their pledge just before it looked like the project would be funded and they decided to have some fun with it and host a mock court-martial over his conduct (in-universe) that I really got a kick out of.

And finally there is Unrest, a non-combat RPG set in India. It shouldn't be so strange to see games set in different cultures and points of view, but it is and an indian setting seems really cool.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Thanks to Kickstarter, Armikrog [http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/armikrog/armikrog] is going to be a reality. That alone makes it a godsend to me.

Fans of The Neverhood like myself are crazy passionate about the game, and we've been pining over seventeen years for a return to stop motion claymation adventuring goodness from Doug TenNapel.[footnote]And for the record, his feelings on certain sexual issues do not lessen my enjoyment. I can separate the man's art from his personal beliefs.[/footnote] As soon as I heard about the Kickstarter project the question wasn't whether or not I was going to back it, but how badly I was going to break the bank doing so. I won't divulge how much I gave, but let's just say I'm going to get some frickin' sweet loot from the devs as thanks.

To date it's the only Kickstarter project I've backed, but it's gotten me intrigued in the crowdfunding scene. I like to check in every once in a while to see what's new and how certain projects are doing.

Hover Hand Mode

Sep 14, 2013
My favorite is Boogerman's 20th Anniversary, but only because of how spectacularly it failed.

My favorite successful Kickstarter is Mighty No. 9

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Favorite Kickstarter is probably Obduction. Think Myst with alien abductions instead of books. :D

Plus, it reached the Oculus Rift stretch goal!

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Hover Hand Mode said:
My favorite is Boogerman's 20th Anniversary, but only because of how spectacularly it failed.
<link=http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/895349342/stalin-vs-martians-3/posts>Stalin Versus Martians 3 may beat that one, it's been open for 20+ days already...

Not Matt

Nov 3, 2011
Mine is probably huntsman. A kind of Australian version of a nuclear apocalypse. Sadly, it didn't survive the funding process. But I still love her god damn it !
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1193398070/huntsmen-australian-based-dynamic-sandbox-fpsrpg?ref=email