Favorite Let's Player

blasmeister

May 30, 2011
Registered just so I could mention a great one who I don't think has been said yet - the guys(& girl) at Spoiler warning http://www.youtube.com/user/SpoilerWarningShow , really fun playthroughs while mercilessly ripping the games' flaws.

DarkChiron also has done some fun ones, especilly of horror games. I recommend his Amnesia LP, which is nearly at an end, sadly.

Others already mentioned I agree are great: Spoony, TobyGames (not recommended for the easily frustrated!), Freelance Astronauts and Mangaminx

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
SalamanderJoe said:
ProtonJonSA. I followed him whilst he started out, but he's become very well known since his Kaizo videos couple of years ago. Below.

Cloud8745 WAS my favourite though he started to get stressed with feedback and eventually got banned for charging people to include commentary for a Let's Play which was a stupid move.

Retsuprae is a new favourite of mine, even if they just basically piss-take any other Let's Players. Though most deserve it for such poor attempts, like one guy (vid below) who decided to upload a Mario 64 video with 4 frames per sec.

Cloud was brilliant back in the day (especially his fatal frame, and i wanna be the guy vids), but now he is just a internet troll through, and through, which is a shame.

He could of been amazing, but his huge roaring ego got the better of him.

IneptInception

May 28, 2011
I used to enjoy NintendoCapriSun, but now I just can't sit through 18 minutes of rambling and Yoshi's story/Super Mario 64; I preffered when he was playing more active games that roped story in constantly (FFX or the Zelda games) instead of... bland... "things".

L0rdVega was damn fine when he was LP'ing (in the far nether of 2 years ago), but the primary source of entertainment at the moment is BlueXephos (i.e. the Yogscast); specifically Hannah's LP of L.A. Noire. Real, entertaining people who aren't 17 year old hormone pumped American boys who rage every 5 seconds as a means of cheap entertainment.

On another note, my hatred for ChuggaConroy grows every day; his LP of Super Mario Sunshine was fun, but after his super serious walkthrough of Okami (complete with soul destroying knowledge of Japanese mythology that he seemed to gloat about EVERY DAMN SECOND/EVERY DAMN TIME A JAPANSE NAME CAME UP/EVERY TIME THE GAME REFERECED JAPANSE MYTHOLOGY) I left and never came back. hurpaderp.

Otherwise, I'd suggest Lucahjin. I don't think she's currently in the position to Let's Play, but her LP of Ico was gorgeous. Pray for more!

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
acer840 said:
Kikoskia and NintendoCapriSun are the two I watch.
Was gonna say Kikoskia myself...his Doom 3 playthrough was a blast. Never heard of that other one, though.

cybershell13 did some good LPs for the 16-bit Sonic games. That and his "cooking" "series" was quite entertaining. Though not really a series, or something that could actually be classed as cooking...;)

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
I have to go with Graham and Paul. They Unskippable let's play was hilarious. I don't watch them much though, so I'm not a good judge. The only other one I've seen was a Dead Space 2 one that was alright, I suppose.

Pearwood

Mar 24, 2010
RedChocobo's Pokemon LPs were very good, AccountingNightmare did some nice video LPs of Devil May Cry 1-3 and I quite like Proteus and Suspicious' Tomb Raider LPs, they're better when they're talking about games they don't despise.

alittlepepper

Feb 14, 2010
It's honestly hard to say. I've always loved NintendoCapriSun's videos, but I have also gotten a lot of enjoyment out of GamerKat09, Pawdugan (who did a phenomenally hysterical LP of King's Quest 5...which I think is his only one), Kikoskia, and Cruelest Chris (also known as EvilTim). They're all really good, I think.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I have quite a few, and they are all on youtube:

Vash12349
Griffinlobster
Odinspack33
shshatteredmemories
Darkmindedsith
SSoHPKC
Nintendocaprisun
Jefflarz
Gassymexican
Nintendocentral (now is known as Milkwad)

To name a few. A lot of people I m subscribed to are all let's players. It passes the time quite nicely

Thespian

Sep 11, 2010
This dude Asxdefter is my favourite. He has awesome Mass effect and KOTOR walkthroughs

Shadie777

Feb 1, 2011
Helloween4545 is my favourite LPer on youtube, he strictly does horror games and is awesome.
AlChestBreach is also a Lper who mainly does Fallout New Vegas mod quests and shows a selection of mods, this guy is really funny.