Favorite noise from gaming

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
ChupathingyX said:
That *ping* noise This Machine makes in Fallout: New Vegas when you reload.
That's a thing that happens with M1 Garands in real life, and it's a beautiful sound. I think it was best in Battlefield 1943.

The_Great_Galendo

Sep 14, 2012
For me, it's the "item-get" tune from Metroid. Less than ten seconds long, but it never fails to bring a smile to my face. I blame Pavlovian conditioning.

Biek

Mar 5, 2008
Mentioning the GBA tingle made me come up with a good one:

The sound effect that plays during the Playstation 1 start up, when the SCEA logo appears with the black background. I still remember how I felt when I was 11 years old and turning my new playstation on for the first time.

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
I really love the "Escalate to Battle Phase" completion sound you hear in Company of Heroes. You just know shit's goin' down now.

I also really like to hear when my little line infantry guys shout "Ge fyyyyr!" in Empire: Total War, followed by that lovely choir of musket blasts. Again, shit's goin' down, and it's the enemy.

Then, there's the TF2 Announcer, at least while you're doing well.

But above all, I love the victory fanfare for the Soviets in Red Orchestra 2. It's... So beautiful...

<youtube=3zSCA2BzwUo&feature=related>

Swyftstar

May 19, 2011
The Final Fantasy victory song is a classic.
I love the sound of a head shot in gears.
This one is odd because I'm not an achievement whore but that blip you get is such a welcome sound.

Alpha Maeko

Uh oh, better get Maeko!
Apr 14, 2010
Like others have said, Final Fantasy's victory music and that sound of navigating the menu. Bleep, bleep, bleep, bleep! D:

mlbslugger06

Sep 27, 2009
I've always liked the sound of
bolts being collected in Ratchet and Clank
sidling on ledges in Sly Cooper
the level up in FFXII

I could do this all day

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
Moonlight Butterfly said:
Probably the victory music from Final Fantasy which has also become ingrained in my brain as 'Wow Victory Music.' thanks to deadlybossmods.

Always instils a sense of relief and victory lol.

Christ, now its stuck in my head! For ages I had that as my message tone too... very iconic.

Matt Dellar

Jun 26, 2011
Gabanuka said:

That roar. Oh God that roar.
Oh man. That's actually pretty creepy. Maybe I should finish Mass Effect and actually get to the point where I hear that sound.

Also, in Fire Emblem 7, the click when Lyn draws or sheathes her sword is extremely satisfying for some reason.

wolf thing

Nov 18, 2009
The menu sounds in the timesplitters games, lots of awesome science fiction sounds there and also the communicator in Metal Gear Solid, never gets dull no matter how many time i hear it.