Favorite NON-gaming hobby

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
Watching DvD's...some anime, regular sci fi and recently I've been going after older movies, Citizen Kane, Dr.Strangelove, Night of the Hunter etc. And a lot of horror films too :3

Otherwise I play Magic the Gathering with my uncle on the weekends. Tried to get into roleplaying, and Warhammer, but no clue where to start really. Stood outside a Games Workshop for five whole minutes but couldn't get up the nerve to go in and ask about it. Phweh ^^'

Mrr, and tend to read quite a bit too, Sci-Fi and Fantasy, that's about it. Can never seem to get into other fiction or even non-fiction unless it's a reference book on something I find interesting. Silas Marner and Don Quixote are the only two I own that aren't Sci-Fi or Fantasy, though, I guess Don Quixote has some fantastical elements to it.

Oh, and Manga, and Graphic Novels, no comics though, I really don't have the time, money or knowhow to invest in the individual comics, so graphic novels it is.

StevieC

Jan 9, 2008
I'm also a fan of anime and Manga, but I have a few other hobbies too.
Coin collecting (face it. Everyone likes shiny things)
British TV shows (MUCH better than the stuff made in the 'states, and I'm a Yank saying this)

BlazeTheVampire

May 14, 2008
Necrohydra said:
BlazeTheVampire said:
Outside of gaming, I work in a video game store. Which leaves only a fraction of time for you know, college, and stuff like that. lol
I worked 20+ hours a week in college, alongside a full class-load, and still had time for other things. It's all about time management. And forgetting to do your homework. Regularly.
Yeah, the problem is being a straight A-student (no forgetting homework) and a Theatre major. Which means constant rehearsals, lol. If it's not work, it's rehearsal.

exoneuk

May 1, 2008
Tennis, Squash and drawing.

I have yet to beat my regular squash partner, despite having beaten everyone else I have played so far. I played it at university too but smashed my kneecap during a pracice session and had to forfeit my place on the team having won the first two rounds. We won one more round but lost in the fourth round, sadly. Ah well.

BuckminsterF

Mar 5, 2008
Hiking, Robots, Chemistry, Quantum/Theoretical Physics, Food, Television, and Books (especially Douglas Adams and Tom Robins)

Aidanadv

May 10, 2008
Warhammer 40k (Space Marines and Tau) and reading (Sci-Fi and Alternitive History, Harry Turtledove FTW).

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
I like to learn new things on 3Ds Max. That's always fun.
[img_inline caption="I finally know what the crap this stuff means!"]http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/5650/craphz0.png[/img_inline]
Today I learned that any aspect of an object (and I mean any aspect) can be edited vs. time. Opacity, Rotation, size on X axis, diffuse map parameters, you name it!

Micronut

May 15, 2008
Well apart from gaming, I like to watch movies and the latest series on TV like Hero's, Battlestar Galactica, Stargate etc. I also like making cards, cross stitching, Hiking, gardening, eating milkyway spread with a spoon, the list could go on :)

vun

Burrowed Lurker
Apr 10, 2008
Digital painting and drawing as well as traditional drawing.
I also like to dabble in 3D modeling and photography.

Saltinecracker

May 6, 2008
Playin Guitar and Bass

Building computers

Making my computer better

Jetskiing

Wakeboard

Snowboard

Paintball

Going to concerts

Hanging with friends

and SLEEP

hadidjah

Mar 13, 2008
Drawing, cooking, sewing, list-making, website coding, finding new ones to make myself even more of a hopeless nerd, drinking with friends, and modeling (both the girly type and the Maya type).

Oh yes, also, sexing people up and exploring my awesome city. And making fake maps.

iamnotincompliance

Apr 23, 2008
I'm unfortunate enough to have three expensive hobbies: a car guy with computer nerd tendencies and the recent addition of audiophile rounding out the list of someone who could have more fun in life if he wasn't broke.

Whiskyjakk

Apr 10, 2008
Indoor bouldering, reading fiction and history (which is a bit worrying since that's also half of my uni degree. You'd think being forced to work on it would put me off)