Favorite Orchestral/Symphony music?

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
Rhapsody In Blue. I think it counts. The Chicago Symphonical Orchestra performed it in Fantasia 2000 and I have loved it ever since.

It is this and Beethoven's 5th. DA-DA-DA-DAAAAAAA....DA-DA-DA-DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...

Folix

Mar 25, 2011
my favorite Orchestral/ symphony music would have to be the halo sound tracks, particularly reach and halo CE. Marty O'Donnell sure is good

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
Most of mine have been said.
[small]Wagner, All of Beethoven, George Gershwin and others[/small]

But I have two more I can add.

and

Gibbatron

Sep 16, 2011
Pretty much anything by the orchestral group Two Steps From Hell is absolutely amazing, i.e.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKv_wua6kFE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGyAqbezgZU

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
enzilewulf said:
Thanks for clearing that up actually, I knew when I created this thread that the title would be a little bit misleading.
*meh* s'OK, though admittedly, Hans Zimmer makes some damned good music, and I personally am not that fussed about how its classified.

And what's generally considered 'classical' goes from baroque/rococco/classical/romantic/impressionist (I think), and I'm sure I've missed some somewhere...

Will post vids later...

Psycho Goose

Nov 2, 2011
This thread needs some Schubert:
I'll also be glad to mention that Stravinsky can be pretty awesome:
I also second everybody who mentioned Rhapsody in Blue, especially if you like jazz and jazzy things.

As far as more soundtracky stuff goes, I can't believe that nobody has mentioned the Shadow of the Colossus soundtrack:
or anything by Ennio Morricone:

Sorry that was so long. I just tend to geek out over music I love. For every link I included, there was one or two that I desperately wanted to include but couldn't bring myself to for the sake of length.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Jean Hag said:
9th Simphony beethoven, in particular the ode to joy part.
A Clockwork Orange comes to mind haha. But yeah, this

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
I have a few...

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
John Williams, Basil Poledouris, and James Horner for 20th Century

Tchaikovsky, Wagner, and Chopin for Romantic