Favorite Pokemon to battle with online?

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
I have a soft spot for a few of mine.

Firt up is my Protean Greninja, named Senketsu.
What a beast, with Ice Beam, Scald, Grass Knot and Extrasensory he's pretty well equipped for any situation.

Then my Techncian Breloom Holly.
It really only exists for Mach punch so I stuck a Choice Band on it and punch away. Works just fine! Usually...

Dusknor, The World.
Will O Wisp, Pain Split, Shadow Sneak and Disable. It's a bit tough to use in certain situations, but if you do it right he's freaking incredible.

Machamp StarPlatinum
With the No Guard ability, Dynamicpunch never misses. Hits like a truck and leaves them confused, can't go wrong!

Fractral

Tentacle God
Feb 28, 2012
I'll second Greninja. Protean is such a fun ability to use. STAB on every move I have? Yes please. Plus is has some of the best base stats I've seen on a starter in a long time.
I also like using my Multiscale Dragonite, especially when you're going up against someone who knows what it can do. Most people expect Weakness policy on a dragonite, so they avoid using super effective moves, but I always run a lum berry instead, which shuts down anyone trying to break the multiscale with a status move.
Mega Gengar is the last one I use on my standard team, and I love it. Not only does it have phenomenal base stats, an incredible ability and a wide movepool, it looks freaking badass. I generally use it for cleaning up after I've eliminated my opponents checks, such as Mega Scizor. It's also capable of dealing with Mega Kangaskhan, which is notable enough by itself.
Sean Hollyman said:
Dusknor, The World.
Will O Wisp, Pain Split, Shadow Sneak and Disable. It's a bit tough to use in certain situations, but if you do it right he's freaking incredible.
You use a Dusknoir? I've never seen them used online, since it's outclassed by its pre-evolution when holding an eviolite.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Fractral said:
I'll second Greninja. Protean is such a fun ability to use. STAB on every move I have? Yes please. Plus is has some of the best base stats I've seen on a starter in a long time.
I also like using my Multiscale Dragonite, especially when you're going up against someone who knows what it can do. Most people expect Weakness policy on a dragonite, so they avoid using super effective moves, but I always run a lum berry instead, which shuts down anyone trying to break the multiscale with a status move.
Mega Gengar is the last one I use on my standard team, and I love it. Not only does it have phenomenal base stats, an incredible ability and a wide movepool, it looks freaking badass. I generally use it for cleaning up after I've eliminated my opponents checks, such as Mega Scizor. It's also capable of dealing with Mega Kangaskhan, which is notable enough by itself.
Sean Hollyman said:
Dusknor, The World.
You use a Dusknoir? I've never seen them used online, since it's outclassed by its pre-evolution when holding an eviolite.
Dusclops looks lame as hell and my nickname THE WORLD doesn't suit it at all. No way I'm gonna use such a shitty looking Pokemon...

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
My Pokémon wearing hat themed team has some fun antics.

The most fun by far is Ludicolo, codename Sombrero, because once the battle starts wearing down, a swift swim sweep is a real possibility, and now that we've hit gen whatever it is, he dances mockingly the whole time.

For the record, the team is

DEVO Hat, Fedora, Turban, Sombrero, Helmet, and Crown.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Slacking.

Who's slacking you ask? Well , it's a giant normal type pokemon that has such a high attack stat that he needs to slack off ( read:skip a turn) on every second turn to keep him balanced. "What a shitty ability " i hear you shreik. I would be if, he wasn't fast enough to go first, and wasn't bulky enough to be able to take 2-3 hits! Add to the fact he can use giga impact to take out ANY pokemon that doesn't have a resistance to normal type moves, and his move pool is varied enough to cover any pokemon that would have a type resistance to normal and take them out in one hit also.

Oh and giga impact requires you to recharge for one turn, guess which turn you recharge on... Iv'e been called a hacker before.

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
Sean Hollyman said:
Fractral said:
Sean Hollyman said:
Dusknor, The World.
Dusclops looks lame as hell and my nickname THE WORLD doesn't suit it at all. No way I'm gonna use such a shitty looking Pokemon...
Don't Talk Shit. Dusclops is great. My Clip-Clops spread that will o' wisp all over the place.

OT: Gotta love Jirachi. Haven't play with him in 6th gen, where he gets two more weaknesses, but in BW metagame he was so boss. Best part is that most Jirachis run flinch scarf sets, but I run physically bulky Calm Mind set. Just jump in on a flincher and boost away, regardless of fire punch.

Also, Tyranitar and Garchomp for reasons that should be very obvious.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
sextus the crazy said:
Sean Hollyman said:
Fractral said:
Sean Hollyman said:
Dusknor, The World.
Don't Talk Shit. Dusclops is great. My Clip-Clops spread that will o' wisp all over the place.

OT: Gotta love Jirachi. Haven't play with him in 6th gen, where he gets two more weaknesses, but in BW metagame he was so boss. Best part is that most Jirachis run flinch scarf sets, but I run physically bulky Calm Mind set. Just jump in on a flincher and boost away, regardless of fire punch.

Dusclops looks like a walking poo with bits of toilet roll stuck to it...

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
Sean Hollyman said:
sextus the crazy said:
Sean Hollyman said:

Can't hear you over how tanky I am. Also, my awesome cyclopsness.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
sextus the crazy said:
Sean Hollyman said:
sextus the crazy said:
Sean Hollyman said:

Can't hear you over how tanky I am. Also, my awesome cyclopsness.
Still looks like a ghost turd!

Man I just got really bad deja vu somehow.

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
Since I use a sun team, it has to be Ninetales.

Though some others on the team are pretty awesome. Mega-houndoom is great and few expect him. Dragonite's multiscale makes him very powerful as well. Chlorophyll Venusaur is faster than something that looks like it does should ever be.

Avalanche91

Jan 8, 2009
I love opening with Bronzong. Give it a red card and moves like stealth rock, toxic, confuse ray and trick room to really mess up the opponent's strategy. Since I am failing to get a Bronzong with stealth rock in x/y, Im busy working on a Dragalge, with a similarly disrupting moveset.

I also enjoy using Drapion. His movepool is pretty deep and you can use him as either a tank or a fast sweeper. Since people hardly use him, he is a great way to seperate the newbs from the experienced players. Fought more than one trainer who thought using psychic was a great idea.

Goliath100

Sep 29, 2009
I alway feel sad that I'm one of those boring traditionalist that uses a Garchomp, Talonflame, Greninja, Mega Kangaskhan and Ferrothorn (the 2 last without their HA). Been trying Gengar the last couple of days.
Fractral said:
I also like using my Multiscale Dragonite...
Did you say you had a Dragonite with its Hidden Ability, because I want one. What I got of HA is: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Torchic, Froakie, Chespin, Zubat, Eevee, Chansey, Magnemite, Venipede, Pineco, Swinub, Bronzor, Shroomish, Litwick, Fletchling and Gible. And I got some good Ferroseeds, Relaxed nature, come with Sikes, Stealth Rock and Leech Seed, and it have 4 out of 5 VIs (Their Speed is not zero and they lack HA).
FC: 049050739245
tstorm823 said:
DEVO Hat, Fedora, Turban, Sombrero, Helmet, and Crown.
Crown = Slowking
Sombrero = Ludicolo
Turban = (mega)Medicham
Fedora = Honchkrow
DEVO Hat = Probopass
Helmet = Bisharp