Favorite Queen song

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
So Queen is my favorite band. I love their music. I'm sure a lot of you also do. What is your favorite Queen song? Mine is You're My Best Friend. It just makes me feel good. :D

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
That...face is...terrifying. The ears are dapper, though.

My lewd, crewd personal favourite of the bunch. The singer looks a little bit like Ben Stiller for a second if you squint just right.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Barbas said:
That...face is...terrifying. The ears are dapper, though.

My lewd, crewd personal favourite of the bunch. The singer looks a little bit like Ben Stiller for a second if you squint just right.
Hey now Killer Queen is my BFF, don't be dissin yo or I'll have to get you with a Sheer Heart Attack >_>

Yeah JoJo has a LOT of music references.

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
Under Pressure scores a lot of points with me, just for also having David Bowie. But if we're looking for just Queen, I'd probably go with Who Wants To Live Forever.

thatonedude11

Mar 6, 2011
I'd have to go with Bohemian Rhapsody for my favorite Queen song. There's just so much going for it, a rocking guitar solo, some great vocal work, and lyrics that are fun to sing along to. It is just great in pretty much every way.

Picking a second favorite Queen song would be much harder for me, because let's be honest here, Queen has so many really good songs. Keep Yourself Alive, Don't Stop Me Now, Sail Away Sweet Sister, The Show Must Go On, Millionaire Waltz, Under Pressure, all of the other songs listed by other people, and I'm barely scratching the surface here. Very few bands can rival Queen in the sheer amount of quality music they've produced.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Who Wants to Live Forever hands down. But lord was the band so awesomely talented that you could play anything by Queen and I'd be happy. In fact, aside from Nine Inch Nails, I can't think of another band I can listen to every album from start to finish without skipping a track.
RIP Freddie Mercury, you were a talent that left us way too soon but your voice will be remembered until such a time as when humans forget what good musical talent is... let us hope that is far far in the future, perhaps even only after we're long gone as a race.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009

Easily the song I remember the most off of that album.

Honourable mentions go to Crazy Little Thing Called Love and Bring Back That Leroy Brown.

GreyNicor

Mar 5, 2014

Another one bites the dust and it's a kind of magic are close though.

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
Surprised noone has mentioned this yet?

Seriously though my personal favourite has to be one vision

VyseRogueKing

Oct 27, 2011
Sean Hollyman said:
Yeah JoJo has a LOT of music references.
That is a remarkable understatement. But that's one of the reasons why it's awesome.

OT: Hm... all of them can't be an option so... I'd actually have to go with your avatar's namesake and go with Killer Queen. I just love the sound of the guitar and the rather punctuated pace of the lyrics.

Honorable mentions go to Fat-Bottomed Girls because that always makes me smile, Don't stop me now because it always seems to pick me up and Bohemian Rhapsody because it's impossible not to love Bohemian Rhapsody.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
My favourite is probably Prophet's Song. It's a gigantic rock opera epic, but it's on the same album as Bohemian Rhapsody, so it often gets quite sadly overlooked. It also plays right into Love of my Life, which is Top 5 for me, at least.

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
Fuck; this is one of the most impossible damn music questions I've ever come across.

I think that, all things being equal it must be:

If there was ever one song that says 'Queen' to me; it's this one.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Andy of Comix Inc said:
My favourite is probably Prophet's Song. It's a gigantic rock opera epic, but it's on the same album as Bohemian Rhapsody, so it often gets quite sadly overlooked. It also plays right into Love of my Life, which is Top 5 for me, at least.
Yeah, I reckon The Prophet Song experiments a little bit more than Bohemian Rhapsody, and I find the main chorus more exciting in general. I reckon it's overlooked because it's just not commercial enough for the easy listeners, including it does go for 8 minutes with a quiet building intro and outro.

Batou667

Oct 5, 2011
When I was a kid I only owned two CDs. These were Queen Greatest Hits volumes 1 and 2, and I listened to them TO DEATH, so much so that I actually find it kind of difficult to enjoy Queen these days.

One exception to this is I Want To Break Free which works both as a great song, and an excellent music video:

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
The one I listen to the most is either We Will Rock You or Under Pressure, so I guess one of those.