Favorite Queen song

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I'm not much of a Queen fan (like, at all), so I'll go with The Bicycle Race due to it being weirdly amusing.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
My favourite changes a lot.

Usually one of these two:

Or:

Princes of the Universe also ranks up there somewhere, but I don't want to post like 30 videos.

lacktheknack said:
I'm not much of a Queen fan (like, at all), so I'll go with The Bicycle Race due to it being weirdly amusing.
A guy I knew in high school hate hate hated Queen because of the line "Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars."

Which was probably not serious in the first place, but it amused me to no end.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
lacktheknack said:
A guy I knew in high school hate hate hated Queen because of the line "Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars."

Which was probably not serious in the first place, but it amused me to no end.
I have no words for that. xD

Of all the reasons to dislike Queen, I've never heard of someone going with "Freddie Mercury Might Not Like Star Wars".

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
My favorites include Under Pressure,We Will Rock You, Another One Bites the Dust, Don't Stop me Now, and Bohemian Rhapsody. Obvious choice perhaps, but I don't care.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
Somebody to Love never fails to get me singing along.

Well, I say singing, it's more like the sound of a dying cat.

Dec 15, 2009
Queen is my absolute favorite band, so choosing only one song is tough. Seeing as "Those were the Days of Our Lives" is one of the few songs that has ever made me tear up, I'll go with it.

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
Its really hard to pick, they have a lot of good songs that others have mentioned here so I'm going to go with Save me.

Freddie Mercury sounds just out of this world when singing it live to.

I would have to say Now I'm Here is a close second though, its a great rock song.

Wilco86

Oct 5, 2011
For Queen it's a tie with A Kind of Magic and I Want It All. For Freddie Mercury:

Especially this version of the song, as there are one or two others that start differently.

Master_of_Oldskool

Sep 5, 2008
Tie between Under Pressure and Don't Stop Me Now. Under Pressure just has something kind of beautiful to it, and the lyrics are really relatable for me as someone who's clinically depressed. And Don't Stop Me Now is just utterly ridiculous fun, which is what I love Queen for.

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
Bellvedere said:
My favourite is '39. It get's bonus points for being about special relativity.

'39 is one of those songs that when I heard it, got stuck in my head, and now I'm thinking about it, where it is now stuck in my head... and it is awesome.

OT: Tie Your Mother Down is awesome, purely by the great guitar work. March of the Black Queen for its grand scale and the fact it doesn't sound like anything I've ever heard in my life. I also like Dreamer's Ball, Seaside Rendezvous and Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon... and Pain is so Close to Pleasure, and The Night Goes Down... and Who Wants to Live Forever... and Play The Game...

I'll say, final answer, Dreamer's Ball. It's one of my favorites, it's a wonderful tune akin to an Elvis Presley sound that I believe was written for the King's passing as it was supposed to sound like a song he would sing. As it stands, it's a beautiful song that few people have heard and I think is amazing to listen to, it's not as bombastic as their other works, and that's kind of why I like it.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
lacktheknack said:
I have no words for that. xD

Of all the reasons to dislike Queen, I've never heard of someone going with "Freddie Mercury Might Not Like Star Wars".
He was....A little obsessive, so it's not entirely shocking. You sort of had to know him, though.

Which I did. Unfortunately.

I learned several Queen songs on trombone after that. Because I'm evil.

Wilco86 said:
For Queen it's a tie with A Kind of Magic and I Want It All. For Freddie Mercury:

Especially this version of the song, as there are one or two others that start differently.
That's the original mix, yes? It's been a while since I listened to Freddie's solo records, bvut I'm pretty sure that's the original version.

Mausthemighty

Aug 3, 2011
Gordon_4 said:
Fuck; this is one of the most impossible damn music questions I've ever come across.

I think that, all things being equal it must be:

If there was ever one song that says 'Queen' to me; it's this one.
Show must go on. Followed by Innuendo and Bohemian Rhapsody.

Wilco86

Oct 5, 2011
Zachary Amaranth said:
That's the original mix, yes? It's been a while since I listened to Freddie's solo records, bvut I'm pretty sure that's the original version.
I think so too. Might need to check from some collection that would have both versions.

Able Seacat

Jun 18, 2012
I find it very hard to choose one but just cause I haven't seen it mentioned yet, I'm gonna say One Vision.

Fried Chicken!

Tiger King

Legacy
Oct 23, 2010
Country
USA
Aris Khandr said:
Under Pressure scores a lot of points with me, just for also having David Bowie. But if we're looking for just Queen, I'd probably go with Who Wants To Live Forever.
Pretty sure Freddie mercury wrote that when he was dying.

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
carlsberg export said:
Aris Khandr said:
Under Pressure scores a lot of points with me, just for also having David Bowie. But if we're looking for just Queen, I'd probably go with Who Wants To Live Forever.
Brian May wrote it for the movie Highlander.

He mentions the writer here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_Wants_to_Live_Forever

404notfound

Nov 9, 2009

Surprised this hasn't come up yet, but this is awesome; the music and vocals (both main and backing) are all good, and the references in the verses.

Tiger King

Legacy
Oct 23, 2010
Country
USA
Zipa said:
carlsberg export said:
Aris Khandr said:
Brian May wrote it for the movie Highlander.

He mentions the writer here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_Wants_to_Live_Forever
thanks for pointing that out!

I know he wrote songs knowing he was dying, I thought that was one of them, my mistake :(. I just had a dig and 'show must go on' came up. can you confirm this as being one of his last songs?
either way a hell of a band! my dad saw them play at Wembley too! mega jealous.