Favorite Quote from a Game

INVALIDUSERNAME

May 23, 2012
A handful:

"The last day dawns on the kingdom of Ascalon. It arrives with no fanfare; no tolling of alarms. People carry on with their daily lives, unaware that in a short while everything they have ever known will come to an end." - Plays during the character intro of GW: Prophecies.

"Four years have passed since the mortal races banded together and stood united against the might of the Burning Legion. Though Azeroth was saved, the tenuous pact between the Horde and the Alliance has all but evaporated. The drums of war thunder once again." - Vanilla WoW intro cinematic.

"He carries his old life with him as a turtle does its shell." - Sten from Dragon Age: Origins

"Stop right there, criminal scum! Nobody breaks the law on my watch!..." - Every two-bit guard from Oblivion.

And a final line from WoW before it turned all mediocre and Cataclysm lore-rapey and Kung-Fu Panda-y (BUT HURRR, PANDAREN R LORE, BRAH):

"My son, the day you were born the very forests of Lordaeron whispered the name Arthas. My child, I watched with pride as you grew into a weapon of righteousness. Remember: our line has always ruled with wisdom and strength, and I know you will show restraint when exercising your great power. But the truest victory, my son, is stirring the hearts of your people. I tell you this for, when my days have come to an end, you shall be King." - Terenas Menethil during the WOTLK Intro Cinematic.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
I have a few.
"SQUISHY LIES!" -Dr. Nefarious, Ratchet and Clank 3

The Gman's monolog at the beginning of Half Life 2.

"A man chooses. A slave obeys." -Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

"Jyggalag's forces are gathering in the Fringe...And I HATE IT when people gather forces in my Fringe!" "Wonderful! Time for a celebration... Cheese for everyone! Wait, scratch that. Cheese for no one." -Sheogorath, Oblivion

That's all that I can think of at the moment with out playing through every game with a significant amount of dialog in it.

Ghaleon640

Jan 13, 2011
Zee cake's alive! RUN!!

Thanks Super Mario RPG (Legend of the Seven stars)

If for no other reason than because it isn't a lie.

DancePuppets

Nov 9, 2009
FrozenCones said:
Fimbulvetr3822 said:

I still get shivvers when i watch this trailer, almost 4 years on since I saw this the first time.

captcha: Miss you:- damn right wow. I miss wrath :(
But the truest victory, my son, is stirring the hearts of your people. I tell you this, for when my days have come to and end. You, shall be king.

/cry
How about:

"He will learn. No king rules forever..."

and from Halo 2:

"We regret being alien bastards, we regret coming to Earth and most of all we regret that the Corps blew up our raggedy ass fleet! Oooh rah" - Sergeant Johnson

John Nordstrom

Oct 3, 2011
Pretty much every line ever in Saints Row: The Third. The writing in that game is just spectacular.

"Some asshole's in my pool!"
"Oh shit! These hos ain't hos!"
*autotuned* "It tastes like toilet water laced with cocaine."
"CASH IN POCKET"
Also every line by, about, or otherwise pertaining to Burt Reynolds.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
"I'm Garrus Vakarian and this is now my favorite spot on the citadel!" - Garrus Vakarian

"ooooh Bacon......" - Clayton Carmine

"And so, you must be silenced!" - Arbiter

"Stick around, I'm full of bad ideas!" - Isaac Clarke

"FUCK YOU, and FUCK YOUR MARKER!" - Isaac Clarke

"Some asshole is in my pool!" - Saints Row 3rd

Elgnirp100

Jan 18, 2012
"Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything, yet alone yourself"
Vergil
Devil May Cry 3

Mr Goostoff

Aug 14, 2008
"You exist, because we allow it. And you will end, because we demand it."
- Sovereign

That whole damn conversation is awesome.

rayman56

Mar 14, 2012
" Oh, smoking Jesus titty cinnamon, that thing's a monster! This is gonna be sweeeet!" - Scooter, from Borderlands General Knoxx DLC.

I just love that line. Makes me laugh every time I hear it.

Fred of blades

Sep 4, 2012
"Your health is low, let's keep it that way!"
"Try to get your combat multiplier even LOWER"
"The Gods and Demons you fear and worship are as nothing to me!"
-jack of blades

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
Vanitas likes Bubbles said:
"Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong"

~ Mordin Solus

:'(
Never has an emoticon been so accurate. The epitome of the Mass Effect trilogies writing.

Nightly Rabi

Aug 3, 2012
Pretty much anything Kreia says in Knights of the Old Republic 2.

Also,"Trust me. Misunderstanding, ignorance, the charade of warring ideology, war in any form: all are already historical footnotes." JC Denton, Deus Ex: Invisible War
Not sure why, just sounds cool to me.

Boggelz

Aug 28, 2011
Can I just say all of bastions endings? No? Then how about
"So long kid... Maybe I'll see you in the next one. Caelondia... we're coming home."

Avalanche91

Jan 8, 2009
Mr Goostoff said:
"You exist, because we allow it. And you will end, because we demand it."
- Sovereign
Damnit beat me to it.

"What sense is there in yearning for the truth? Close your eyes, lie to yourself. Live in blisful ignorance. It's a much smarter way to exist." -Shadow Teddie, Persona 4

"So tell me; have you ever licked a lamppost in winter?" -Alistair, Dragon Age Origins

"A dwarf that smells like a brewery....You don't see those anywhere"
"A mage comedian....Thought those normally died young"
-Anders and Oghren, Dragon Age Awakening

"Shepard"
-Wrex, Mass Effect

"How are you holding up? Because I'm a potato"
-Glados

clippen05

Jul 10, 2012
"History is written by the victors..." Captain Price, CODMW2. Yeah, its from COD, I know. But its so true. Examples: American Revolution and World War 1. The losers are made out to be villainous scum( with Great Britain being made out as an evil, authoritarian, empire when in truth it did not go that out of line; Germany being blamed for all the actions leading up to the war when in truth it played a minor role in causing the war. Hyperbole is ok when you win... I guess. Probably true for Iraq as well.