Gabanuka said:
Mcfly: "Don't stop me now"
Glee: "Somebody to love"
Vanilla Ice: "Ice Ice Baby"
Jedward: "Under Pressure"
Robbie Williams: "We will rock you"

Can you see a theme?

(Opps, wrong thread)
I was about to rage at you then before noticing you were joking. But Glee is awesome.

Enjoy the Silence by Mike Shinoda (the guy from Linkin Park) is a great cover of the original by Depeche Mode.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
I'm not trying to piss anyone off here I just think its a pretty good cover.

A Weary Exile

Aug 24, 2009
sephiroth1991 said:
lilmisspotatoes said:
Hallelujah - Leonard Cohen - Rufus Wainwright
What about Jeff Buckley's cover that version was good as well

OT:

this cover is just as good

I prefer the original even though Hendrix is one of my favorite artists, speaking of which...

Original

Cover

I like hendrix's versionmuch better than Dylan's version, mostly because dylan cant sing for crap and Hendrix is the superior guitar player, but without Bob we would have the awesome lyrics of the song. :)

And at the very same concert he covered Killing Floor.

Many, many times better than the original. The speed that he plays that guitar is almost inhuman. :p

A Weary Exile

Aug 24, 2009
Ezio_fangirl said:
Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of These)-Marlynn Manson.

Down With The Sickness-Disturbed.
I think you'll enjoy this.

I certainly prefer it to the original, even though the lyrics definitely don't fit the tone, but I think that's the point.

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
wouldyoukindly99 said:
Ezio_fangirl said:
Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of These)-Marlynn Manson.

Down With The Sickness-Disturbed.
I think you'll enjoy this.

I certainly prefer it to the original, even though the lyrics definitely don't fit the tone, but I think that's the point.
lol I do like that version.

ctrl-alt-postal

Nov 16, 2009
Anything by this guy:

He does his thing in Bourke st mall, Melbourne, Oz

What cover thread could be complete without wierd al???

Pure F'in genius!

CloggedDonkey

Nov 4, 2009
Furburt said:
I always liked Big Blacks covers, their best being The Model by Kraftwerk and Rema Rema by the band Rema Rema.

They did a few other good ones as well, live and on album, like a cover of Cheap Tricks He's a Whore that far exceeds the original.
wait, is it Big Black from that show on MTV? that was the only good show on there.

anyway, anything from the Across the Universe movie. the movie was "2 ARTSY FOR U!", but the covers of the Beatles songs where pretty good.

yes! I learned how to do that finally

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
I love Disturbed's cover of the Genesis song "Land of Confusion, and their music video for it it is just as awesome.

CloggedDonkey

Nov 4, 2009
Furburt said:
CloggedDonkey said:
wait, is it Big Black from that show on MTV? that was the only good show on there.
Nope, different things entirely. I refer to Big Black, the 80's Chicago Punk band.
ho, well, um... hey look! a distraction *runs away when you're not looking*.

ThatTallGuy

Jul 24, 2009
kman123 said:
ThatTallGuy said:
-MEGA SNIP-
Christ, 99 songs of revolution is out? I've been waiting for that for AGES!
Yep. It's out and it kicks ass. So far, my two favorites are Punk Rock Girl and Me and Julio Down By the Schoolyard.

Samoftherocks

Oct 4, 2008
Hallelujah - Leonard Cohen - Jeff Buckley, his performance of this song is easily the best cover ever.
No Quarter - Led Zepplin - Tool, if anyone should have done this song, it was Tool.
You Really Got Me - The Kinks - Van Halen, Eddie playing the opening riff...come on...
Sweet Dreams - The Eurythmics - Marilyn Manson, take a disturbing sounding song, give it to a disturbing band...awkward gold.
Pokerface - Lady Gaga - Eric Cartman, Kyle Broflovski, and Kenny McCormick...of course.
Johnny Cash - Folsom Prison Blues - Brandi Carlile, she's truly awesome.
Creep - Radiohead - Brandi Carlile, like I said, she's truly awesome.
The Thing That Should Not Be - Metallica - Primus, because THAT'S WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU DENY LES CLAYPOOL!!! YEAH! STUPID LARS! SHUT UP! NAPSTER BITCHES!!!
Intruder - Peter Gabriel - Primus, weird knows weird...
Amos Moses - Jerry Reed - Primus, what can't they do?
Holiday in Cambodia - Dead Kennedys - Foo Fighters feat. Serj Tankian - Must sound like Jello Biafra when singing this song, otherwise it sounds wrong. Serj did that. Good job.
Dancing Days - Led Zepplin - Stone Temple Pilots, best song on the album, which on the whole, was lousy.

Most everything off of Nativity in Black - Black Sabbath Tribute Albums (1 + 2 (except for the remarkably lame Busta Rhymes "Iron Man" cover))

and...

Everything Richard Cheese has ever done...period.

I know I'm missing a lot of good ones, but if you put these songs onto a mix tape...she'll fuck...trust me.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I'm gonna get lambasted, but Dead or Alive's "Right Round" was covered very well by the metal band who covered it (It's NOT Marilyn Manson, but I've forgotten the band name).