Favorite TV Show Openings/ Credits

Snownine

Apr 19, 2010
The opening of a show gives the viewer a taste of what the show is about and what is feels like and serves to get the audience pumped for the show while having to sit through the credits.There are tons of great opening segments out there in tv land and I am curious to know what rank as some of my fellow Escapists favorites.

For me, Farscape had awesome openers all four seasons but my favorite was probably for season 3

I also love the second opening (season for 1-5) for Mystery Science Theater 3000.

I also absolutely love the theme for Star Trek: the Next Generation.

So Escapists, what are some of your favorites? Do you like the whole opening or just the theme song? Perhaps vice versa?

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Stylish as fuck with its incredible jazz piece and introduction of all the characters.​
Sets the tone for the mini-series, a great theme as well.​
Ironically, the worse their singing and pronunciation is the more I like it.​
The various old songs in the credits is nice as a temporary farewell and reflection of the episode.​
As I said before, it's nice as a temporary farewell and song to set the mood of the episode's finish.​

Snownine

Apr 19, 2010
Nouw said:
Stylish as fuck with its incredible jazz piece and introduction of all the characters.​
Sets the tone for the mini-series, a great theme as well.​
Ironically, the worse their singing and pronunciation is the more I like it.​
The various old songs in the credits is nice as a temporary farewell and reflection of the episode.​
As I said before, it's nice as a temporary farewell and song to set the mood of the episode's finish.​
Ooh, nice. I dig that Baccano! Opening.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Snownine said:
I'm glad you like it. There's a full version where you can hear the solo's in their full glory.

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
Snownine said:
definitely one of the best in all of anime. It's my first purchased anime series for a reason.

OT:

would have included the world at war (documentary) opening, but it's impossible to find a version that isn't just the music.

enough for now.

Snownine

Apr 19, 2010
sextus the crazy said:
Snownine said:
definitely one of the best in all of anime. It's my first purchased anime series for a reason.

OT:

would have included the world at war (documentary) opening, but it's impossible to find a version that isn't just the music.

enough for now.

After posting I realized I should have included Lucky Star.

lechat

Dec 5, 2012
Dangit2019 said:
Firefly. I would post it, but it doesn't seem to be uploaded.

-shrug-
i actually found that out in my thread tv intros need to die lucky for you and the rest of the world i have been known to do a bit of video editing and uploaded it myself here

EDIT: the reason it doesn't show up is it includes 1 second of copyright material lol

as for intros i said it in the other thread but tnjou tenge is a pretty good one

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
YOU DIG GIANT ROBOTS, I DIG GIANT ROBOTS, WE DIG GIANT ROBOTS, CHICKS DIG GIANT ROBOTS.

ladies, answer me this, do you dig giant robots?

Also, the classic:

Snownine

Apr 19, 2010
When doing marathons of shows I tend to skip them unless I really like them. I had not realized you had made that thread Lechat, I did a quick search to make sure I was not repeating a recent thread and did not see it.

Another one I like, mostly because of the song, is Outlaw Star's intro.

Snownine

Apr 19, 2010
Terminate421 said:
YOU DIG GIANT ROBOTS, I DIG GIANT ROBOTS, WE DIG GIANT ROBOTS, CHICKS DIG GIANT ROBOTS.

ladies, answer me this, do you dig giant robots?

Also, the classic:

Oh original Pokemon opening, your nostalgia level cannot even be charted.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
Cowboy Bebop wins for me:
And for the full song:

Game of Thrones is pretty cool too, though:

cbrichar

Aug 30, 2009
Join me, fellow children of the 80s.
Join me and rejoice in the glory of bad hair and dramatic horn sections.

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
Hmmm, have to think of one that's not been posted yet.

Oh, I know!