Favorite Vault Hunters (Borderlands)

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Easily the sirens from both of the borderlands. I still haven't played the new one yet. Too costly while I still have BL2 content to consume.

INVALIDUSERNAME

May 23, 2012
Borderlands 1 - Mordecai because I honestly could never get into the game and pretty much forced myself through it for the sake of understanding all the story tidbits this summer with a friend of mine. Otherwise, I'dve probably played Lilith because her action skill was beast.

Borderlands 2 - Zer0. Melee Zer0 is some of the most satisfying gameplay I've ever had in any FPS I've ever played. I pretty much duo'd from 1 to OP8 with the same friend (he played Krieg) and I God damn loved it. I only wish I could play him again in the Pre-Sequel.

Pre-Sequel - Nisha. 2 revolver cowgirl with aimbot action skill. Sign me up. Helps that she's broken as hell at the moment.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Axton in BL2. Start stacking gun, grenade, and explosive damage bonuses, pick up the single most broken weapon in the game any Torgue gun, and have a field day.

And Athena in TPS. Specced partically into the... red skill tree and if youre able to generate 200+ Maelstorm stacks then youre basically doing double damage with any elemental weapon or grenade. I have the feeling that if theres going to be UVHM in TPS then Athena is going to turn out to be the most broken character.

darkcalling

Sep 29, 2011
Played as Lilith in number one and had fun though I never saw her as broken. I hated her action skill since it never seemed to do any damage. Maybe it works better in co-op? Can someone plz explain?

Played as everyone in number 2 since it was soooo much more fun. Favorite would probably be Maya (cataclysm wrecks everything) or Gaige (let deathtrap do the work while I abuse the shock bonuses).

Playing presequel as Nisha and liking her so far but her action skill can be annoying. She tends to lock on to kraggon projectiles and lunatic axes RIGHT before they hit the ground and I end up emptying half a clip into the floor.

LarsInCharge

Sep 9, 2014
1: Lilith was overpowered, but I loved my explosive damage Brick.

2: Gaige had a kickass personality, and anarchy Gaige was hilarious (though getting to 300 stacks on TVHM is a nightmare)

3: Nisha. She was an awesome character in 2 (puppy skull-breaking not withstanding) and other than her creepy lines (response to Jack saying he's gonna disembowel Roland and Lilith with his pinkies "I AM SOOOO WET RIGHT NOW!), she plays like a boss. Final boss went down in under a minute with anarchy pistols and her action skill.

MLionheart

May 21, 2011
Lilith, Gaige, though I'm having a go at a Maya Support Role playthrough, and as of now in the Pre-Sequel Athena.

momijirabbit

Nov 2, 2012
Borderlands 1: Lilith because Double Anarchy is the most OP thing in existence.

Borderlands 2: Maya, the ability to slag any living creature at any time made UVHM Easy.

The Pre-Sequel: Nisha, because going through 700 bullets in 30 seconds is so amazing.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
BL1: Brick. Probably the most underrated character in that game. People keep talking about how Lilith is very OP'd and that may be true but in the later levels, so was Brick since you, you know, pretty much became invulnerable. And seriously, I can't remember how many bosses I punched the shit out of with him, even when they were somewhat out of my league. Don't get in the way of a Brick.

(Oh yeah, and there's a super easy glitch you can exploit with him to make yourself go faster permanently too. I think I may just have been the first one to discover it actually.)

BL2: Can't say I have much of an opinion on this since I haven't played it enough yet but if I had to choose, I'd probably have to stay true to form and say Salvador.