Favorite video game character and why?

Gearhead mk2

Aug 1, 2011
Laguna Loire. It's kinda weird that in FFVIII, the exact moment JRPG's started becoming the miasma of stupid plots, wangsty androgynous tosspots, bizzare weapons and eye-searing visual designs, they made the perfect couterpoint to that. Yeah, Laguna's a bit of a prettyboy and a goofball, but he is geniunley likeable and he's actually pretty thoughtful sometimes. He got even better in Dissidia 012, with his awesome gun magic and being kinda the mentor to the 012 heroes. These two scenes right here, starting at 1:30 and ending at 5:30, cemented him as my fav character ever.

Dizzy

Feb 15, 2013
Riku from Kingdom Hearts, not only was he cool, He also helped with the boss fight (first of second with this monster) inside the whale.

Dizzy

Feb 15, 2013
IronMit said:
''I wanted Orange! It gave me Lemon-lime!''

also

Naked Snake/Big Boss.

Three dog!!
This is three dogs *howls* and your listening to Galaxy News Radio

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
Zidane from Final Fantasy 9.
*sweep*
That's the sound of me ninja'n half the forum.

He's a strong protaganist who fights for what he wants.
And unlike most, he's likable and relatable.
He's just awesome.

Lt._nefarious

Apr 11, 2012
I'm going to cheat and categorize.

My favorite male character (emotionally): Either Cpt. Walker or James Sunderland. They're both sad stories and kind of dickheads. Honourable mention to Lee from TWD.

My favorite female character (emotionally): Tough one. I think I'll go with Heather Mason though, on account of her seeming and responding like an actual human being, and the fact that while she's still vulnerable she is also strong and independent where her male counterparts fail.

My favorite male character (badassery): New Dante! Controversial, I know. I was originally gonna go with Agent 47 but the amount of times New Dante's dialogue made me laugh, or the way it made me feel badass... It had to be New Dante.

My favorite female character (badassery): Rubi from WET. Come on, she's pretty awesome. Or maybe Sonya Blade... No, Rubi. Sonya shows too much skin.

My favorite male character (vanity): Leon Kennedy. 'Dat hair! Mm-mm! I'd tap 'dat...

My favorite female character (vanity): Honestly can't choose between Lilith, Moxxi, Cortana and Helena Harper... So all 4!

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
Big Boss. He's the best soldier in the world, but yet he's also a normal person, just like you and I.

WendelI

Jan 7, 2009
My favorite character of all time is probably Samus Aran.

Besides being space batman, she is quite attractive and always had this motherly thing going on her that no one was ever able to truly expand on, which is probably also the reason why Other M kind of destroyed the character for EVERYONE. She is also does good things for the sake of doing good things... I guess the space credits are good too lol.

dvd_72

Jun 7, 2010
For me it would have to be Guts. Primarily a manga and anime character but he's been in a few games so he counts!

Yeah, he's a bad ass and that's great and all, through him you can see how rage can twist a man and how he slowly pulls himself out of it while conversely immersing himself deeper in it. As a generally calm guy I enjoy the exploration into pure rage that Guts is.

cikame

Jun 11, 2008
My ranger in Guild Wars 1.

Then Max Payne... then Alan Wake... then Agent 47... then Geralt... then Lara Croft.

..... then Snake... then...

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Ryu from Street Fighter. Not sure why but I guess I respect him for being a lone wanderer while having a sense of discpline and moral sense of justice.
Also there's Travis Touchdown and he not your everyday herp well I guess he kind of like an anti hero in way. He just seen relatable in a way as he is kind of unemployed and is driven by lust as he only enter the Assassin game just to bed Sylivia.

Karoshi

Jul 9, 2012

Jack from ME2.

I was wary at first, since she seemed like a pretty abrasive person in the trailer. I was almost immediately won over by her charm ("Shit, you sound like a pussy" - bullseye, haha) and giggled when she called Miranda cheerleader. Besides, I was very suprised how non-agressive she is. She respects Shepard, but doesn't want to be treated like a lap-dog. A Cerbereus ship is enemy territory and I'm not suprised that she's on the defensive.

Hard to say why I love Jack so much. She's like mom, a sister and a friend to me. Fragile and strong, distant and passionate, a ***** and scared kid at the same time. I totally called what she was going to do in ME3 and the new tat she got. So yeah, she's my favourite character of all times.

It's kinda a shame that most people look at her clothes, tats and language and have already made up their mind what kind of person she is. Jack's a lot more than that, but you gotta actually listen to her.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009

Because I can relate to him on a personal level. He's been my favourite character since I first picked up a controller.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
Gotta be Yosuke from Persona 4, just because I feel I can relate to almost everything about him. Apart from all the fighting evil shadows and helping to save the world and all that.
He is who I wish I was in school.

Also Relius Clover from BlazBlue because he's one of the only villains I've ever properly liked. I don't remember the story of BlazBlue that well, but I don't remember him doing many villainous things. He's more just a scientist that's a bit of an asshole, but he's such a classy asshole that he gets away with it.
Look at it.

What other guy looks that cool in pink?
Plus he's easier to play as than Carl and is thus better than Carl.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I have quite a few favourite characters but my perennial favourite has to be Albert Wesker. He is so unashamedly evil and very much like a pantomime villain, which I love, he is also quite the badass, as this video very aptly manages to demonstrate:

The music fits as well.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Well off the top of my head,

Garrus Vakarian

He's pretty much a character that has never made me think "Dear lord that was stupid" Or "SHUT UP YOUR ANNOYING". He's hysterical, pretty badass in general and the most useful character in combat. All in all, Garrus is probably my favorite character out there.

Other nominations:

Most like me

Benjamin Carmine:

If I had to pick a character who had me down to the letter, it'd be this guy. Seriously. He is exactly what I'd end up doing in a real war, be nervous at first, then eventually get the hang of it, and then die in some horrifying manner.
All in all, he is also quite enjoyable as a character, and Highly underrated.

Oct 30, 2010
Kreia from KotOR II. Most interesting philosophy and motivations of any character in my experience.

Kiste

Aug 13, 2012
SirBryghtside said:
Veronica Santangelo from Fallout: New Vegas is probably my favourite
I love Veronica, too. What a great character. She's smart and funny, but thoughtful and sincere at the same time. She's a lesbian, too, but her character is not about being gay. Veronica is a fully realized character who just happens to be gay. Sure, she mentions it if you dig deep enough into her dialogue and she even makes a quip about it or two. It did play an important part in her alienation from the BOS, but it's ultimately only a facet of her character. It doesn't define her.

This really shows the strength of Obsidian's writing, especially when contrasted against shitty BioWare writing in the form of ME3's resident homo, Cortez. Cortez never actually feels like a real character. He's just a poorly realized vessel for a political message by means of gay romance subplot. His whole character is essentially "the gay guy" and that's the only reason he's in the game. He has no other purpose. That's why I find this character so fucking offensive. Veronica is how you do it right.