Favorite Video Game Lines?

Reaver570

Jul 11, 2011
Hmm gotta be the conversation between War and Abaddon from Darksiders:

"I offer you this choice Horseman. Would you server in Heaven or rule in Hell?" - Abaddon

"I choose what once, a coward did not." - War

Chester Rabbit

Dec 7, 2011
?Batman:It was all a lie. There?s nothing wrong with you!
*Joker: Nice of you to say, but you of all people should know, there?s plenty wrong with me?

47 ?Names are for friends, so I don?t need one?

The Grave Mind ?I am the monument of all your sins?

Kain ?VAE VICTUS!?

And as if that wasn?t enough from Kain there is also this glorious inner monologue from Blood Omen which I just love.
?Vae victus...
suffering to the conquered, ironic now I was the one suffering; Not anything as pedestrian as physical pain, rather the cruel jab of impotent anger...The hunger for revenge!

I didn?t care if I was in heaven or hell all I wanted was to kill my assassins. Sometimes, you get what you wish for...

The necromancer Mortanius offered me a chance for vengeance and like a fool, I jumped at his offer without considering the cost.

Nothing is free, not even...revenge.?

Wrex ?Anything that isn?t constantly challenged grows weak?

And one last one from Syphon Filter

Anton Girdeux: Gabriel Logan, always the optimist. Look around Logan, this hallway contains a mosaic depicting the entire history of your countries wars and aggression. We are about to make an addition to it.?

Because it?s just so much fun to say in his voice lol

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
TopazFusion said:
From C&C Generals . . .

"AK47s for everyone!"
My nostalgia organ is throbbing right now... thank you.

OT:

The banter between crew members in ME3 fixed a problem that I always had with ME; namely, that it never felt like the crew was actually a crew. The squadmates just kind of stayed in their own little hidey holes and never interacted. I thought that they had always missed out on an opportunity to create a believable cast of characters there but in ME3 they went a long way toward fixing that.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
"I can be friendly when I desire to be. Alas desiring to be more intelligent does not make it so." - Morrigan, Dragon Age: Origins.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
"I like shorts. They're comfy and easy to wear." ~ Random Youngster

Serious answer though

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." ~ Elite 4 Karen

Even when I was about 10 years old or whenever it came out, that quote stuck with me. Since then I never used a Pokemon just because it was considered strong. I vowed that I would overcome any obstacle in the game using my favorite Pokemon.

And I've kept true to that.

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
Eldar! The Cadian 412th have faced doom before. We bested it then, and we will best it today. Die well.

-

All the emperor requires of us guardsmen, is that we stand the line, and die fighting.

It is what we do best.

We die. Standing.

-

Enemies of the imperium, hear me! You have come here to die. The immortal emperor is with us and we are invincible.

His soldiers will strike you down.

His vehicles will crush you under their treads.

His guns will bring the very sky crashing down upon you.

You cannot win.

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
Price: Can't you make the doors open up any faster, Gaz?
Gaz: No sir. But you can try pulling on it if you like.
Price: Cheeky bastard...

Karelwolfpup

Jul 5, 2012
No MGS references? I am disappoint :/

Favourite lines, eh? hmmm... have to be any line from the Axis assault infantry in Company of Heroes, those boys rock ^w^

Gameslayer_93

Jul 17, 2009
I'm surprised there's only been one portal one, there's too many too put down so i'll just leave you all with this lovely link http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Portal_(game)

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
Everything Sheogorath says in Shivering Isles is pure gold!
best ones are "CHEESE! FOR EVERYONE!... wait scratch that, cheese for no one"
and a more serious note "Eternity is on a rather tight deadline."

seriously the Writers did an amazing job with him as well as the voice actor

TheRookie8

Nov 19, 2009
Surprisingly, Resident Evil 5 quotes range from hilarious to profound:

"The right to be a god...you? Only one truly capable of being a god...deserves that right."

and then

"Complete...global...saturation...(snarls)."

"Oh I'm not like them. I'm a business man with staaaaaannduds."

"You don't have to get touchy."

and then back to

Sheva: Wouldn't you rather be back in America rather than a place like this? (Africa)

Chris: Not necessarily. Some people might think America has its own dark side.

Sheva: That doesn't sound very patriotic.

Chris: I'm just a realist. It's a capitalist society. Not everyone is cut out for that kind of constant pressure. Sure, there are opportunities to be had, but at what price? You gain, someone else loses.

Sheva: You don't sound like any American I've ever met.

Chris: That's the great thing about us Americans: We're all different.

Madmonk12345

Jun 14, 2012
"Oh, I'm so very happy you talked to me. Unless we're especially lucky, characters like me without notable personalities often wind up overlooked and ignored. But I'm happy. You talked to me. You've acknowledged me, in other words. Oh, I'm so happy!" - random NPC from Mother 3

Also:

"OH MY PORK!" - random Pig Mask

Mother 3's prose was a delight to read.

TheRookie8

Nov 19, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
"I can be friendly when I desire to be. Alas desiring to be more intelligent does not make it so." - Morrigan, Dragon Age: Origins.
"You either have an enviable memory or a pitiable life, to know nothing of regret." - Sten, Dragon Age: Origins.

TheRookie8

Nov 19, 2009
"So this is it. Some of you are worried...maybe I am too, but I'm not staying long enough to find out. What I know is I don't like being cornered, and I can fight harder scared than they can angry. We're getting out, and I'm buying when we do." - Hawke, Dragon Age 2.

This speech is delivered in the final moments of the game when you are outnumbered and trapped, provided that your character has been mostly snarky up until that point.

Out of all the speeches in the game, I liked this one the most, because it shows why your group follows you, despite your constant (and often annoying) comments. This speech shows that beneath your humor, your an honest person who cares about your friends, and try desperately to fill all the moments with laughter, even in the darkest hour.

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
*Slow clapping*

"Excellent speech my friend...Gift of the silver tongue, they say it's the mark of an officer, and of a liar..."

Not because of the content, but because it's burned into my memory from playing the MGS2 demo over. and over. and over as a young'un.

That and Revolver Ocelot's voice actor is awesome.

rob_simple

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2010
I have several favourites...

From Darksiders, when a demon general confronts War:
'You've killed many of my warriors, Horseman.'
'I am yet to find a warrior among you.'

Splatterhouse, Rick's first encounter with the mask:
"Who am I? Let's just say I'm God; your God...least, the only one who's listening right now. What do I want? Ah, same as any God really; a little faith...for without faith I am nothing, and without me you're fucked."

And my all time favourite, I won't say what it's from:
'A cornered fox is deadlier than a jackal!'