Favorite video game soundtracks?

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
As the title says, what's your favorite video game soundtrack/music/etc.?
Myself, I'd have to say Mega Man X6's soundtrack is my favorite. I would post some tracks but admittedly I don't really know how to post video on the site yet. >_>
I rediscovered it just a few days ago and have been listening nonstop. Oh, how I wish I would have kept my GameCube and Mega Man X Collection...

Truniron

Nov 9, 2010
So man y to choose, but I have to go with: Terra, from Final Fantasy IX, Composed by Nobou Uematsu. The man understands music and the music brings so much fealings forth that it is allowed to get a little teary.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Assassin's Creed II and Brotherhood are two of my favourite's (can't pick one!)

Stand out tracks
Earth and Flight Over Venice, from AC II &
Villa Under Attack and Desmond Miles from AC Brotherhood.

ShadowAurora

Sep 26, 2010
suomynonA said:
As the title says, what's your favorite video game soundtrack/music/etc.?
Myself, I'd have to say Mega Man X6's soundtrack is my favorite. I would post some tracks but admittedly I don't really know how to post video on the site yet. >_>
I rediscovered it just a few days ago and have been listening nonstop. Oh, how I wish I would have kept my GameCube and Mega Man X Collection...
You read my mind, I think all the megaman games have great soundtracks but I'd say megaman 9&10 take it hand's down

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
MGS4(some many emotions!)
infamous(I can listen to a lot of it while working out)

edit: The other MGS soundtracks as well. And the Silent Hill soundtracks(I love the piano version of the theme and the girl singer)

Derelict Frog

Jun 7, 2010
So many good ones. Depends on whether you're talking about a game's original music or a soundtrack.

The best game soundtrack in my opinion is GTA: Vice City. Really captures the 1980s perfectly.

The best original game score in my opinion is Perfect Dark for N64. The industrial-style electro in that gets the adrenaline rushing and suits its sci-fi, dystopian feel.

For more recent games, I'm really liking LA Noire's score. Really captures the era and vibe of film noir. Some of the tunes playing during the homicide desk are really spooky and ominous too. Love it.

ethan22122

Dec 18, 2009
Probably a the first mass effect soundtrack, or the halo soundtrack.
I love alot of other soundtracks, but those come to mind first.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
Oh man, it's a tough choice. I really like the two Super Mario Galaxy soundtracks, I love the Team Fortress 2 Western/jazz-themed soundtrack, and I love the smooth blues and jazz in Telltale's Sam & Max reboots. Also, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City: best licensed soundtrack, ever. I also love the Battlefield Vietnam soundtrack's striking song choices that really encapsulate the atmosphere of the conflict and the era.

I think I'm going to go ahead and say Katamari Damacy and it's spawnlings, because "Katamari on the Rocks" is pure genius, but goddamn if it isn't really hard to choose. And my opinion on these sort of things fluctuates almost daily. But yeah, man, really hard choice, but Katamari is just overflowing with insane, madman-level creativity. As a composer, that's pretty much everything I strive to achieve. Just pure... creative energy.

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
That I would listen to beginning to end I'm assuming?

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
Guilty Gear X (specifically X)
Jet Set Radio/Future
Tekken Tag Tournament/6
Virtua Fighter 5
Bulletstorm
Sonic Adventure Remix
Nier Gestalt & Replicant

Eh... that's about all I can think of off-hand.

Blizzarded Soul

Jan 27, 2010
Arrrgggghhhh so....many...choices. The soundtrack to Primal back on the PS2 was awesome. Then theres Mass Effect which is pretty awe-inspiring. And the soundtracks to the Metal Gear Solid's 2 & 3 just felt so right. I could go on and on and on for hours.

Mar 20, 2010
Wet's soundtrack Changed my life.

Other than that Super Meat boy had an amazing soundtrack and every other Splinter cell, Metal Gear Solid, Mass Effect game had awesome Soundtracks

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010

ConnorCool

Master Assassin
Apr 23, 2009
Red Dead Redemption and Undead Nightmare have to be my favourites. Undead Nightmare holds place in my top 5 albums too, it is just so well put together.
Also:
GTA Vice City
AC1,2,B
Mass Effect 1 and 2
Super Meat Boy
all the Zelda games
Have to be my favourites, most of them already mentioned already.
Anybody else looking forward to ME3 soundtrack by Clint Mansell? I'm slightly disappointed that they are changing composers, but I am really looking forward to it nevertheless.

Ladette

Feb 4, 2011
I've only bought two video game soundtracks:
Dragon Age 2
Leliana's Song

Inon Zur is a goddamn genius as far as i'm concerned.