Favorite video game weapon.

qbert4ever

Dec 14, 2007
Alright, we've all discussed our favorite video game and character. Now it's time to talk about what makes them, well, them. after all, what would cloud be without the buster sword? Dante without his twin pistols? Or mario without that giant freaking hammer?

So, hop to it! The fate of the world is in your hands, and you get one weapon to mow down trillions of generic bad guys to save it. Make your case and happy killing!

To start things off, I'm going to go with masamune, that big ass sword that sephiroth uses. it's so friggin long, all I would have to do is wiggle it a couple of times in the bad guys direction and SLICE! Bad guy dead, world saved, time for a nap.

McMindflayer

Jan 24, 2008
The Crowbar.
The simple answer is this. I was playing HL2 on HARD. I ran out of ammo. I didn't die becuase of this bugger. Combine this with the fact that you can make dents into concrete, steel beams, asphalt, people. Then add in the usefulness it has outside of fighting. Breaking locks, opening stuck doors. lifting heavy objects. You can even pull nails out of things with a crowbar. It is the best all around weapon.

super_smash_jesus

Dec 11, 2007
So many good ones come to mind, but i am gonna have to go with the laptop gun from perfect dark, those things kicked balls

the_tralfalmadorian

Jan 11, 2008
Hands down, this one has to go to The Soul Reaver. That weapon was ridiculously bad ass.

also, the SOCOM .45 pistol from MGS and Vergil's katana from DMC:3 deserve an honorable mention.

Jan 22, 2008
Gravity Gun. Nuff Said. Using it now is blaze', but I can still remember what it was like to first get my hands on that wonderfull peice of hardware.

Halo 2&3's energy sword: say what you will about the games, they deserve neither all the derision or praise they get, but that sword is bitchin. same goes for:

Dual Needlers. They spam the whole battlefeild with homing shards of death, what could be better?

Psuedointellectual

Jan 2, 2008
McMindflayer said:
The Crowbar.
The simple answer is this. I was playing HL2 on HARD. I ran out of ammo. I didn't die becuase of this bugger. Combine this with the fact that you can make dents into concrete, steel beams, asphalt, people. Then add in the usefulness it has outside of fighting. Breaking locks, opening stuck doors. lifting heavy objects. You can even pull nails out of things with a crowbar. It is the best all around weapon.
Im sorry...i dont remember being able to do those things ingame.

Larenxis

Dec 13, 2007
I could never make up my mind.
I love grenades, shotguns, gnomes (via gravity gun), and setting things on fire with my mind.
Tee hee, it's fun to think about...

Minic

Dec 18, 2007
Lance Icarus said:
It's a tie between the spread shot from Contra and bat with a nail in it from FFVII.
Yes! That spread shot was a life saver.

Athena's Blades from God of War are always iconically badarse.

sapient

Jan 23, 2008
I don't know if this really counts as a weapon, but the Nanosuit. The strength mode should count. ^_^ You could do anything with this damn thing.

Other than that, Necrid's Nexus from SC2 (I'm a hopeless Necrid fan, he was badass).

EDIT: Also the Demoman's 'nade and sticky launcher, the Spy's knife or the Scout's baseball bat.

Shinigami214

Jan 6, 2008
My top 2:

- The Portal Gun (from Portal) for sheer coolness.

- Leecher Gun with Lightning Energy from Prey for sheer mindblowing power.

sammyfreak

Dec 5, 2007
Teslacoil from Red Alert

Energyswords from Halo games

Gravity/Portal gun

Banana from No One Lives Forever (literally)

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
McMindflayer said:
The Crowbar.
AARRGGHH!!! That was my one. I guess you beat me to it. Plus in Condemned you open locked doors with it as well.

xenoflame

Jan 25, 2008
one of the most original weapons in recent memory for video games is Strangers crossbow in Oddworld: Strangers Wrath. it's functionality depended on which ammo you were using. If i had to pick one, the Chippunk is definitely it... i mean, come-on, angry rodent projectile!

I think the banana bomb from worms games is worth mentioning as well

Jan 25, 2008
I think its the BFG 9000 or more its original Billion fireball gun 9000 which fired off red and green balls of fire in every which way, it was cut because the game couldn't take it and the Christmas stuff.

ComradeJim270

Nov 24, 2007
sammyfreak said:
Teslacoil from Red Alert

Energyswords from Halo games

Gravity/Portal gun

Banana from No One Lives Forever (literally)
I still preferred the bear trap to the banana... but Tesla Coils were awesome, and before that... Obelisk of Light FTW! Oooooh, and the Ion Cannon! In less memorable or... well, Westwood-ish territory, all the superweapons in C&C Generals are quite literaly a blast.

What else can I think of that I love? Hm... Dragon's Tooth sword, of course... The .357 and gauss gun in Half-life... hmmm... oh, I agree with Mairsil on the needlers, even in the first game... I mean, single-player on Legendary, you loved those things if you knew what was good for you... Needler > Elite.

Also, anyone you people should be ashamed of yourselves for neglecting to mention the BFG9000!

EDIT: Oh good, someone mentioned it while I was typing all of that!
2nd EDIT: But they got the acronym wrong, it stands for "Big Fucking Gun".
3rd EDIT: Nevermind, I misread the post and need to shut up for a moment. Damn.