Favorite Video Game Weapons

Omnidum

Mar 27, 2008
I would say the Thermo Cannon from Hellgate: London, it was crappy, but it was damn fun to shoot around with.

BBLIZZARD

Jun 19, 2008
Gravity Gun(Half-life2)
Pulse Rifle(Half-life2)
Needler(Halo2)
Chemical Thrower(Bioshock)
Plasmids(Bioshock)
Lancer(Gears of War)
Hammer of Dawn(Gears of War)
Type-7 Laser(F.E.A.R.)
Handheld Portal Device(Portal)
Companion Cube(Portal)
MedicGun(Team Fortress2)
Sniper Rifles(Mass Effect)
Hidden Blade(Assassin's Creed)
Throwing Knives(Assassin's Creed)
Sword of The Crusader(Oblivion)

ThurgistBerzerk

May 7, 2008
memorable weapons... anything with a chainsaw... which is pretty much everything
silent hill 2
doom 3 (never got the chainsaw in doom 1 and never played doom 2)
gears of war (greatest idea ever... but not exactly wise in reality...)
and a whole mess of others but i've really only played these games... (don't say warhamer...)

guns without chainsaws: Assult rifle from Halo (i'm probably one of the only people who really loved that weapon and screamed for joy when i found out it was in halo 3 and then cried (figurativly speaking) when i found out they halved the ammo clip)

favorite sword/non-gun:
frying pan from fable... nothing seems to satisfy a kill then a frying pan to the face...

telephonline92

Jun 19, 2008
The crossbow from Half Life 2 is amazing. I mean, literally attaching people to walls by shooting a heated strip of metal into them is awesome (I'm so sorry... the awesomeness of the crossbow surpasses the gravity gun to me...)

That, and the Seismic charge secondary weapon for the Jedi Starfighter in Rogue Squadron III.

Copter400

Sep 14, 2007
I started using the sword Debaser from Oblivion, which is one of the many unique magical weapons. Effects aside, it's a beautiful looking weapon. Sort of like a Viking shortsword with blue engravings.

MercFox1

Jun 19, 2008
Portal/Gravity Gun [Orange Box]
High-impact Repeater Cannon [FEAR]
Keyblade [Kingdom Hearts]
Double Lightsabers [Jedi Academy] - These things PWN.
Lancer [Gears of War]
Barrett .50Cal [CoD4]
Desert Eagle [CSS] - Come on. One-Deags!
Spinfusor [Tribes]

Probably a bunch of others I simply can't remember.

Iron Mal

Jun 4, 2008
In order: (I've limited myself to 1 weapon per series)

1. Cerebral Bore (Turok 2)- sorry, but a gun with locks onto an enemy, sucks his brain out and blows his head up cannot be critised unless you have a weak stomach.
2. Ion Cannon (UT/CnC)- I just like the concept of bringing down 12,000 megawatts of power to kill one guy, adds whole new meaning to the phrase 'overkill'.
3. Railgun (Red Faction)- 1 hit kills, almost perfect accuracy and the capacity to shot (and see) through walls made this pretty much the only sniper weapon I've grown to love using.
4. Wrench (Bioshock/System Shock/Prey)- Misuseing tools for violent purposes have been a staple part of FPS games for quite a while.
5. Serious Bomb (Serious Sam)- I just can't resist anything with the nickname of 'the Atomic Firecracker' and also it is painfully powerful.

FranicalFrazical

May 5, 2008
Pure Brutallity
Condemned 2: 2X4 with Nails in it on Fire...anything that long of a name must be cool
oh and the bricks

Xhumed

Jun 15, 2008
The Hand of God- Rise Of The Triad
The Stake Gun- Painkiller
Crossbow- No One Lives Forever 2
The Aerosol/ Ligher combo- Blood (pitchfork was fun too)
Rayne's Wrist Swords- Bloodrayne
The Minigun- GTA: Vice City

blank0000

Oct 3, 2007
the Bonesaw-Team Fortress 2= The greatest deathstick EVER
The Patriot or The American Machine gun- Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistance "patriots got that achievmetn stuff going, but the Mechine gun is just so..........beutifull.