Favorite Video Game Weapons

meatloaf231

Old Man Glenn
Feb 13, 2008
The Chemical Thrower from Command and Conquer: Renegade. It's like a flamethrower, but it poisons the ground and can turn enemies into Tiberium mutants when they die.

Heck, EVERY gun in that game was awesome. The sniper could zoom to about 100000 miles.

gamebrain89

May 29, 2008
The spy corvettes from homeworld cataclysm. I cant remember what exactly it was called, but there was just something so satisfying about disguising one of those flying bombs as a enemy frigate, and then detonating it right next to a enemy heavy cruiser. and you could link a pair together to make it that much more powerful.
the morphoray from Ratchet and Clank
the Rynicerator from Ratchet and Clank, Up your Arsenal
Spartan Laser from Halo 3
spike grenades from Halo 3
Ultima Keyblade from Kingdom Hearts(the only one that actually looked like a sword, I love those games, but god they had a crappy main weapon.)

Colodomoko

Feb 22, 2008
Whatever is at hand. I would go plowing through some teorrists with my bare hands if I had to.

ar4yyyy

Jan 24, 2008
BFG9000
Shotgun
Rocket Launcher
Plasma grenades
Energy Sword
Spiny Blue Koopa Shell
Triple Red Koopa shell

Ultrajoe

Omnichairman
Apr 24, 2008
1) Keyblade

Your smashing face with a fucking key, you dont get much more pwn.

2) Masamune
3) Any sniper rifle

hippo24

Apr 29, 2008
favorite weapons

1.Dead rising chainsaw (nothing is more fun than chopping a zombie with a chainsaw NOTHING)
2.Gravity gun such a unique weapon it deserves notification
3.halo needeler (no one else in the world probably thinks so but the original needeler was so much of a shock to me and it was so much fun)

Duhri5

Jun 1, 2008
10)The BFG - Doom
9)The almighty Shotgun - Any game that has one
8)Chainsaw - Doom
7)Desert Eagle - Duke Nukem
6)Flamethrower - GTA 3
5)Rocket Launcher - GTA IV
4)Fire Axe - Manhunt
3)Lawn Mower - Dead Rising
2)Sniper Rifle - Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
1)Chainsaw Bayonet Gun - Gears of War

Gooble

May 9, 2008
Crossbow, zoomed in on the original Half Life-1 shot kills in multiplayer
Pyro's flamethrower in TF2
Any sniper rifle
Any shotgun
MG21 in GRAW
Cluster bombs in Worms: Reinforcements

monostable

Apr 17, 2008
blackfly01 said:
Here are my favorite game weapons:

* The Spitfire Mk.VII's flame thrower-bomb from Strikers 1945
* The flame weapon in Mystic Defender
* The flame thrower in Turok Evolution (more like psychadelic streamer of technocolor firey death)
* The flame thrower in Army Men 3D
* The flame thrower from Return to Castle Wolfenstein
i take it you have a thing about fire

monostable

Apr 17, 2008
i have lots of favourites, but the main one is the SAW gunner in Full Spectrum Warrior 2. If there is like ten enemies pinning you down you just select him and go "Suppressing fire" - he stands up and unleashes hell with his weapon and sends enemies running for cover.

also the level 3 incineration in bioshock, just because he clicks his fingers to shoot it.

Gravity hammer/Spartan laser (the second because it can instakill those pesky brute chieftans)

Flashbangs in ANY game in co-op because it pisses them off so much, EXCEPT halo 3's flare, i can't seem to use that without getting blinded myself, and its useless in campaign, i don't have xbox live, so i don't tend to use it that much.

Also, and don't shoot me down in flames for saying this, what is a BFG?

captainfuzzy

May 21, 2008
Dayantis said:
What I can't believe is that 2 people have mentioned Perfect Dark, yet neither has mentioned the Farsight. This is the most overpowered weapon of ALL time. 1 hit kill that shoots through walls AND tracks your target for you. A testement to its power is that no other game has done it (to my knowledge), due to the sheer overpoweredness of the damn thing. Weapons incorporating some kind of nuke are 3 a penny these days these days...
Actually, two people prior to your post mentioned it.

Also, the Farsight is so not overpowered. It has a rate of fire of about one shot every five seconds, takes even longer to reload, the automatic targeting searches for and follows enemies with the speed and grace of a snail (and it only targets things that are roughly in your X-ray line of sight, regardless of how close it may be). The fact that when you are using the scope, tracking or not, it's in x-ray means that 1) if you are using radar, it becomes too blurry to understand, and 2) you lose all sense of where things are in relation to you. I've gotten killed so many times while trying to track people across the map because I didn't notice the dude who walked right in front of me and couldn't react to the bullets being pumped into my head. Mind you, I've also gotten a lot of kills doing that exact same thing to other Farsight users. The Farsight is also incredibly difficult to use as something other than a sniper rifle, which makes its usefulness and power very limited.

In short, the gun is balanced. The same cannot be said of Halo's sniper rifle.

Chemfire

May 28, 2008
The Hand-Held Portal Device, Zero Point Gravity Manipulator, and Bolt Crossbow

Everyone should have a portal gun, Nuff said

Gravity Gun was just the most amazingly useful weapon I've ever had

Bolt Crossbow, the greatest sniping weapon ever =D

captainfuzzy

May 21, 2008
In no particular order:

Dual silenced Falcon 2s (Perfect Dark)
Portal Gun (Portal)
Pinball Grenade (Perfect Dark)
Ocelot's SAA (MGS 3 & MGS PO)
M9/Mk .22 tranquilizer (MGS series)
Red shells (Smash Bros. & Mario Kart series)
Psychosis Gun (Perfect Dark)
Flak Cannon (Unreal series)
Ice Beam (Metroid Prime)

TJ rock 101

May 20, 2008
red9 RE4
P.R.L 412 (aka bringer of doom) RE4
poison arrows, they made the target puke up a ton then die in it (made me laugh at their pain) Turok: evolution
Mag-rail, it shoots through walls and kills people in one hit, best way not to die in a room full of dudes Goldeneye: rogue agent
annihilator beam metroid prime 2

Emperor Inferno

Jun 5, 2008
Star Wars KOTOR--I like to give the Mandalorian (cant remember name) the repeating blaster rifle and set his attack on multiple shot.
Halo games--needler(s), fuel rod cannon, missle launcher, shotgun, SMG(s)
Ghost Recon--cant remember what its called but it was like a 2 in 1 assault rifle and grenade launcher
Doom--chainsaw, chain gun, double barrel shotgun
Diablo 2
Barbarian--giant sword, dual wield axes
Sorceress--long staff
Necromancer--sword or bone wand
Assassin--hatchethands, katar