Favorite videogame cutscenes?

Jiggabyte

Dec 19, 2009
Too bad this game never made it to our shores.

Terramax said:
Broken Sword: Knight's Templar was such a great start to an amazing game.
[snip]
Oh god yes. This was my first point-and-click game. I still have it somewhere (along with the second), but I never got too far and Windows 7 doesn't like installing old games. I might go buy the DS remake sometime.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Final Fantasy 8. Say what you will about the game, or the series in general, but that cutscene was fucking awesome.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
The cutscene where Kratos finally meets Ares for the final battle!

"O hai Kratos, I'm sorry but you are too tiny and pussy to fight me, let me yell at Zeus while carelessly holding Pandora's box"
"*shoots down Pandoras box with one hit (One of the few times I've seen in-game magic from a hack-&-slash game used in a cutscene btw)* *teleports to box*

FIGHT!

HitsWithStyxx

Nov 26, 2009
My favourite would easily be the opening cinematic for Mass Effect.
The shot of the USS Normandy gliding over towards the Mass Relay just instilled this epic sense of awe...

ShotgunSmoke

Apr 19, 2009
I think I don't need to mention Mass Effect, seeing as it's the obvious winner.

Saints Row 2 had awesome cutscenes. The angles, the flow, everything was perfectly done.

bauglir_cr

Dec 21, 2009
I'd go with the final Terran cutscene in Starcraft: Broodwar. Looks and sounds like an WWII theatrical newsreel. It is fun, it is epic and is a hideous piece of propaganda created to hide the real events of the Terran campaign

Dr. Thunder

Sep 25, 2009
ryan getting face raped by a golf club in bioshock. That basically made me have to change pants

zaptoit

Dec 21, 2009
I'll pull out an old favorite, Jedi Knight: Dark forces II, the evil storyline when Kyle Katarn kills Jan Ors

BaldursBananaSoap

May 20, 2009
MGS3 or MGS4. I don't have the attention span of a goat so I can watch and get deeply involved with the story without going "This is too loooooongz, I have ADD so must shooty shooty someone every five seconds. This suckzzz?"

Also, in God of War 1 when I blew the horn and Kronos the titan came walking straight towards me from the desert. I nearly shit my pants.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
All the cutscenes in Halo Wars especially the part when the Spartans fight the Elites.

And most of the cutscenes in C&C 3: KW.

"Ah yes GDI. Most presistant (sp?) of foes."

Edmaniak

Dec 21, 2009
MW2's "Second Sun" opening cutscene.
Exploding Space stations is just plain awesome.

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
probably any scene in brutal legend, even the developer's screen.

DOUBLE FINE!!1!!!1