Favorite Videogame Soundtrack

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I usually use these topics to spread my everlasting love for the WoW soundtrack and quite a few others, there's really so much fantastic game music around. But my latest addition to my game collection, Katamari Forever, has a truly insane soundtrack I'd like to post here, here are some examples:
The last song being my favourite of the Katamari Forever OST.

Kif

Jun 2, 2009
CoD 2 MW 2, it's been said already but Hans Zimmer knows what he's doing.

WoW vanilla and TBC, not so much WotLK though... didn't really feel like it was as well thought out.

These days I think it's unforgiveable to still use one man and a midi keyboard on a branded game, they have the budget to afford some form of composer / music director and put together full pieces. However, for games that pre-dated current budgets and technology the Legend of Zelda games have nice soundtracks.

I think that Red Dead: Redemption probably deserves a mention too... it's not my cup of tea, but it certainly fits the era, locale and atmosphere of the game. Even though they ircked me by not including the one song I wanted from the ending credits on the soundtrack.

This one >

It's a pretty simple song, but I like it.

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009

ICanBreakTheseCuffs

Jun 4, 2010
Snapekillsdumbledore said:
Really no Castle Crashers yet? im sad now...more people need to play that game cause the musics is funking awesome
yes it is awesome but I still think TF2 beats it (only by a milimeter)

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
Well pretty much any game with music by Nobuo Uematsu is pretty much made of win. Same goes for Diasuke Ishiwatari.

Guilty Gear

Blazblue

I ain't posting FF music because that would take far too long to list.

I could listen to this stuff all day, hell I have on some occasions.

Mr Snuffles

Owner of Mister Toast
Apr 15, 2009
Ratchet and clank hands down. I am also a fan of oblivions soundtrack (BUT NOT THE VOICE ACTING!)

May 18, 2010
ICanBreakTheseCuffs said:
Snapekillsdumbledore said:
Really no Castle Crashers yet? im sad now...more people need to play that game cause the musics is funking awesome
yes it is awesome but I still think TF2 beats it (only by a milimeter)
o yeah! well they're both bamf games

Thealchemistofwhite

Jun 8, 2010
Just about any jrpg soundtrack, although my favorite out of them would be Persona 4. The opening song is killer. *sings horribly off-tune to song* We are living our lives- *fades off singing gibberish*

gjendemsjo

May 11, 2010
The bioshock soundtrack is one of my favorites.

Cohens masterpiece
The ocean on his shoulders
Welcome to rapture
Dancers on a string
and Empty houses are all wonderful

Some of my other favorite soundtracks include:

Paper mario(or every Nintendo game for that matter)
Halo 3
The orange box
Mass effect 1 and 2
and Red dead redemption

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
If you're counting the GTA radio stations, you really can't beat GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas imo :)