Favorite xbla arcade game?

jackpackage200

Jul 4, 2011
I just picked up my xbox after a long couple months while and i replayed my favorite arcade games and i have to say Bastion is still awesome. Also, was there any new good releases?

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
I think Toy Soldiers: Cold War is a recent enough release to qualify. Love it.

As for a fave, I think Geometry Wars and GW2 are my faves of all time.

Well, all time thus far.

Odd Water

Mar 6, 2010
Puzzle Quest 2

For enjoyment, cost, and hours put into it, I'd guess over 100 hours so far. Its by far the best deal I've ever gotten out of any of the arcade games. Most of the ones I have played don't have much replay value to me, and are only good for a few hours.

HassEsser

Jul 31, 2009
My favorite Xbox Live Arcade Arcade game? Tough choice, specially cuz I don't have an Xbox. . .

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Oh man, iv got several that i love but i think Strania:The Stella Machine(+Side Vower) is my favorite.
Good art, excellent music, cool weapon system.
Never beaten it though.
The boss is absolute bs and Side Vower is literally INSANE.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Castle Crashers.

That game was hella fun. Too bad the matchmaking was shit and the lv. 256 glitch kind of ruined everything.

51gunner

Jun 12, 2008
Something between Duke Nukem 3D, Castle Crashers, and Ikaruga.

Probably Ikaruga, but if you're going to discount ports Castle Crashers is the winner.

the spud

May 2, 2011
Counting ports it would be Psychonauts, but only counting originals I guess I'll go with Limbo (Bastion looks really good too but my Xbox is running out of memory so I am going to wait and hope for a PS3 version somewhere down the line.

everythingbeeps

Sep 30, 2011
Costume Quest and Stacking. I liked the gameplay of Shadow Complex, but the idiotic story and the voice acting was atrocious (not a Nolan North fan) enough that I can't get through a replay.

If you're counting ports and whatnot, it's gotta be Castlevania:SOTN, which is still one of my top five of all time.