Favourite Alcoholic Beverage

Socius

Dec 26, 2008
as a response to the "if you lived in viking times" thred I am obligated to answer MEAD!
true story though: Vodka.

Rusman

Aug 12, 2008
bigsby said:
Rusman said:
bigsby said:
Oh thats a long list: Absinth, any kind really, ouzo, remy martin, smirnoff north and properly poured guinness
Urgh I can't drink Ouzo, my parents gave me some when I was 3 and told me it was Lemonade... apparently I didn't like it too much.

Does that Guinness involve a clover as well?
Well i am half greek, so i am kinda supposed to like the thing ;)
Yeah I was on holiday on a Greek island at the time of the... incident.

Mozza444

Nov 19, 2009
Beer.
What beer?

Oranjeboom!

Furburt said:
But when I do drink, I enjoy Kopparberg Swedish pear cider! For it has a tasty taste, and doesn't really taste of alcohol.
Also this, except I prefer the apple cider.
However cider no longer likes me, and tends to make me pretty pissed followed by sick.

theamazingbean

Dec 29, 2009
Rusman said:
I'm currently sitting in my room playing Oblivion and listening to my house mate and his friend having a guitar jamming session downstairs and drinking Southern Comfort on the rocks, which I have made using Lemonade and its delicious.

So I got to wondering; "What are those crazy Escapist folks favouritist alcohol beverages?"
Okay, listen up youngun, what you are drinking is called a southern comfort sour, a general cocktail composed of alcohol, lemon or lime juice, and sweetener. Why don't kids know more about cocktails these days?

16 year Lagavulin, neat FTW.

Mcupobob

Jun 29, 2009
I live on a vineyard so I grew up on homemade wine so red wine is my favorite drink a close second would have to be pepperment shnapps.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I don't drink, so none of them.

I like Mountain Dew/Dr. Pepper though. :)

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Baileys, so creamy and beige.

I don't drink beer or alcopops, so wine and spirits for me, I'm a classy girl.

Rusman

Aug 12, 2008
theamazingbean said:
Rusman said:
I'm currently sitting in my room playing Oblivion and listening to my house mate and his friend having a guitar jamming session downstairs and drinking Southern Comfort on the rocks, which I have made using Lemonade and its delicious.

So I got to wondering; "What are those crazy Escapist folks favouritist alcohol beverages?"
Okay, listen up youngun, what you are drinking is called a southern comfort sour, a general cocktail composed of alcohol, lemon or lime juice, and sweetener. Why don't kids know more about cocktails these days?

16 year Lagavulin, neat FTW.
Actually I think Southern Comfort and Lemonade is generally called a Alabama. Well actually they generally have some lime juice in as well but I have no limes and the moment. I'll refer you too KariDean (who posted further up) who is just a few monthes old than me and I guarantee knows more about cocktails/alcohol than anyone on this site.

Rusman

Aug 12, 2008
bigsby said:
4nthr4x said:
I live in Belgium, Beer capital of the world. Need I say more?
Germany would like to have a word with you.
Germany can settle with 2nd on this one, I completely agree 4nthr4x. Belgium is where it's at for beer.

Xojins

Jan 7, 2008
I like whiskey and coke a lot. As for beer I like Killian's. It's good.

B4D 9R4MM3R

May 15, 2008
I prefer lager, usually "wife-beater". Although, being a student, I make do with Carlsberg (which is usually cheaper in pubs and such). I also adore whisky (most varieties).

However, I will drink pretty much anything alcohol-wise. Except wine. And champagne. And similar stuff.

Rusman

Aug 12, 2008
anthony87 said:
Jack Daniels,

Jameson,

Bushmills,

Pretty much whiskey in general.
Ah Bushmills is fantastic, I currently have a 8oz hipflask full of the stuff sitting next to my 360 just waiting to be drunk at Download this weekend.

Luftwaffles

Apr 24, 2010
Rusman said:
bigsby said:
Rusman said:
bigsby said:
Oh thats a long list: Absinth, any kind really, ouzo, remy martin, smirnoff north and properly poured guinness
Urgh I can't drink Ouzo, my parents gave me some when I was 3 and told me it was Lemonade... apparently I didn't like it too much.

Does that Guinness involve a clover as well?
Well i am half greek, so i am kinda supposed to like the thing ;)
Yeah I was on holiday on a Greek island at the time of the... incident.
Funny story. Once during St Pats i went to a bar and asked for a pint, young baldy behind bar smirks to his colleagues saying "this is how you pour a shamrock". Proceeds to do some fancy as wristwork under the tap...then spills half of it when done......

Guinness. And on special occasions a martini.