Favourite Animated Fight Scene (SPOILERS)

Furbyz

Oct 12, 2009
silver wolf009 said:
Definitely got to be Samurai Jack vs the Shinobi.

The entire fight is great, with unique visuals, excellent musical cues, and awesome action. I remember seeing this when I was a kid, and just thinking that it can't get better than this.
Holy crap, how did I miss this when it aired. That was amazing.

On a side note, I will never get over how incredibly violent Samurai Jack was allowed to be all because they used robots.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
Furbyz said:
silver wolf009 said:

The entire fight is great, with unique visuals, excellent musical cues, and awesome action. I remember seeing this when I was a kid, and just thinking that it can't get better than this.

On a side note, I will never get over how incredibly violent Samurai Jack was allowed to be all because they used robots.
That was intentional. Since robots didn't exist at the time,[footnote]Thank God...[/footnote] robots were the perfect targets. You'd never see a kid's show where a human is impaled, and then slides down the sword until he slumps to the ground.

Samurai Jack, Rose Glasses or none, really was some of the best animation ever created.

PapaGreg096

Oct 12, 2013
To this day I still consider Spec Spiderman to be the best Spiderman series ever and the fight scenes help prove it
[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLXyoIcKRzA]

Furbyz

Oct 12, 2009
silver wolf009 said:
Furbyz said:
silver wolf009 said:

That was intentional. Since robots didn't exist at the time,[footnote]Thank God...[/footnote] robots were the perfect targets. You'd never see a kid's show where a human is impaled, and then slides down the sword until he slumps to the ground.

Samurai Jack, Rose Glasses or none, really was some of the best animation ever created.
Yeah, I know it was intentional. I just still get surprised by it occasionally if I see a clip I haven't seen in years.

The first time I ever actually tried watching the show (not just seeing it on air when I was young) I realized that I had totally forgotten the part where Jack fights a horde of insect robots and at some point the oil/blood splatter reaches full on Tarentino levels. All because artificial beings are a-ok to dismember and explode with abandon, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
Furbyz said:
silver wolf009 said:
Furbyz said:
silver wolf009 said:

Yeah, I know it was intentional. I just still get surprised by it occasionally if I see a clip I haven't seen in years.

The first time I ever actually tried watching the show (not just seeing it on air when I was young) I realized that I had totally forgotten the part where Jack fights a horde of insect robots and at some point the oil/blood splatter reaches full on Tarentino levels. All because artificial beings are a-ok to dismember and explode with abandon, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
I just know in 100 years Robot Justice Warriors are going to be decrying the pervasive and historic mistreatment of the poor killdrones!

We need to censor everything that shows a Robot being hurt, otherwise the new robots will be all too hurt now!!

V4Viewtiful

Feb 12, 2014
The opener for Season 2 of Darker Than Black is wicked, I cosign Samurai Jack and Chun-li vs Vega.
The Final fight in Sword of the Stranger was cool
The Final fight between Spike and Viscious (more context rather than actual fight) but Spike vs the guy in the movie was just as fun to watch.
The Final Gun fight between Knives and and Vash in Trigun
Moribito, I can't remember Which episode it was but I remember it was raining and Balsa was damn impressive.

All I can think of right now

Uriel_Hayabusa

Apr 7, 2014
I want to give a nod to any of Sword of the Stranger's fight scenes as opposed to just the final fight (which was fantastic too, don't get me wrong). Another animated fight I think highly of is the 2vs2 fight in the season 2 finale of Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
Well, Cowboy Bebop and Ghost in the Shell have already been mentioned so... ALL of Black Lagoon, honestly, but this one stands out:

Because fuckin' Revy, man.

Oh, and Bleach has some good ones. Definitely liked most of the Soul Society Arc. The ending bout between Ichigo and Byakuya with pretty awesome.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Can't name a single favourite, but off the top of my head:

-Aang vs. Ozai

-Zuko vs. Azula (more for the themes/visuals than the actual combat)

-Korra vs. Vaatu/Unalaq (not the giant battle, only the polar/gateway one)

-Spider-Man vs. Venom (Spectacular Spider-Man series, both battles)

-Sonic vs. Metal Sonic (Sonic OVA)

-Twilight vs. Tirek (deal with it! XD)

I'm going to include the Freiza battle in 'Dragonball Z' because while like most DBZ fights it has the padding issue, However, I recently read some pieces as to how and why DBZ (and Dragonball as a whole) should have ended with the saga, from both a thematic and narrative standpoint. So if I were to take it as the case, and the series ended there as per the supposed original intent, then yes, I'd count the battle as among my favorites. While other fights might have been done better supposedly (haven't seen that much of the series admittedly), I feel that beyond Freiza, things started getting rediculous, what with constant character resurrection and multiple super saiyans...gah), which adds to a whole lot of gripes I have with the series as a whole.

Calbeck

Bearer of Pointed Commentary
Jul 13, 2008
Amy Rose versus Pinkie Pie [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgagtBjfn_U&list=UU3McNQHov_mlOk3Wg6U5Caw], by Animated James.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
WhiteFangofWar said:
A larger-scale one that's between about 9 different Transformers but still manages awesome moments for every single one of them... except maybe Tarantulas. I like Megatron gloating about his 'DOUBLE KILL!'. At least he doesn't teabag:
Gotta agree with this. For me, this battle is Rattrap's moment to shine. Completely on his own, he takes down Tarantulas, Ravage, Rampage, AND the Predacon transwarp cruiser. I don't care who you are, that's freaking impressive.

Anyways, for my own nominations, there's this little gem from the DCAU:

And of course, I can't forget Omnimon:

And last, but certainly not least, is the freaking great fight of Panty and Stocking vs Scanty and Kneesocks:

You literally cannot get any better in terms of ridiculousness mixed with awesomeness in a fight scene.