Favourite Band/Bands! but..

Mr. Self Destruct

Feb 26, 2009
Escapists I ask you, what are your favourite bands, with a twist!

the twist is, these artists musn't have had a song/album that was a letdown/sucked/bore-fest etc., for instance, my friend would say Metallica are his favourite band, but with Load and reLoad being suck-bags, they are exempt from his list!

i thought this was a good idea and i found it partularly hard to choose my top 5.

delet

Nov 2, 2008
Nightwish, Krypteria, Epica, Voltaire, Nevermore.

Yea, that works. Those are just about all the bands I have...

Karlaxx

Oct 26, 2009
Iron Maiden. There's been something worth listening to on every album they've ever made, live or studio.

Arrers

Mar 4, 2009
I guess Field Music, but that's mostly a name-drop. IMO, most people's favourate bands haven't (in their eyes) ever made a dud.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Oasis. Standing on the shoulders of giants was nothing compared to (What's the story) Morning Glory.

HauntedQuiche

Aug 28, 2009
I'd say Motorhead have never had a bad album.

Also, Girlschool.

Tenpole Tudor could count but that is more of a case of "love it all" or "hate it all".

Xeros

Aug 13, 2008
Static X has never let me down. In fact, they keep getting better and better.

Lexodus

Apr 14, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
ENTER SHIKARI!... because they rock bollocks.
I used to go to school with the best friend of the lead singer, and I met him a couple of times. Eh seemed like a pretty cool guy, who sings good songs and doesn't afraid of anything...

Of modern bands I'm gonna say The Darkness, 30 Seconds To Mars and Hinder, because I'm not going into a lengthy discussion about all the old music I love at this time.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Your condition fails from the start, because everyone has different opinions. Nothing is liked universally so there is no band that can be listed, at all. By your own ruling. Since I'm not a fan of heavy metal, all heavy metal bands (with a few exceptions) get ruled out. But since I like indie rock a lot and there are those here that don't, all indie bands also get ruled out. So the thread would fail.

Anyway, regardless, my favourite bands right now are Florence and the Machine, and Reverend and the Makers. I'm also planning to listen to some Marina and the Diamonds, since they seem pretty good. I'm also into Paramore and Evanescence, I was pretty annoted when they split up, and also System of a Down. Oh, and I want to start listening to Noah and the Wave. And the White Stripes are good :)