Favourite Book series?

ClockworkPenguin

Mar 29, 2012
So much the Discworld. The worst of them still made a decent bedtime read, the best couldn't do that because they were to compelling not to read in one sitting.

Dresden Files come in to second place, that's on the list of series I buy the moment a new one is released.

In terms of books I loved at the time, that brings the Artemis Fowl series into contention. Its just a shame I outgrew them before Colfer finished the story.

First is going to have to be the Horrible History/Horrible Science books. I know it's non-fiction, and its too childish for me now, but the level of humour is pitched just right for the intended audience, and collectively they taught me far more than the national curriculum ever did.

Fireface

Jul 5, 2010
My personal favorites would be the Sherlock Holmes series by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and of course Tolkien's work :)

Kruppe

Sep 23, 2012
For those who enjoy A Song of Ice and Fire, Black Company or generally stories without binary morality I would recommend Steven Erikson's Malazan Book of the Fallen.

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
Favorite one that I've read completely (or at least most of it)?

Harry Potter.

Favorite books that were part of a series:

Ender's Game and Speaker for the Dead.

gyroscopeboy

Nov 27, 2010
Probably The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant by Stephen Donaldson, or the Harry Bosch series by Michael Connelly.

Darxide

Dec 14, 2009
Haven't read previous pages, but the best series ever is The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind. It's a MUST READ for anybody. I'm currently in the middle of the Dresden Files and I'm going to say that series is pretty damn good, too.

RoyalSorceress

Jun 15, 2010
Lord of the Rings by J.R.R Tolkien (can't go wrong with the classics)
Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis (first book series I ever read)
Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer (highly underrated)

Can we include comics or graphic novels cause I have to add Hellboy by Mike Mignola and Saga of the Swamp Thing by Alan Moore.

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
I really enjoyed reading Deathlands by James Axler years ago. That name is actually a pseudonym and has been written by four different authors at various points. It's a bit disturbing at times, campy at others but overall entertaining. I love the idea of discovering hidden military bases scattered around the world after the apocalypse, filled to the brink with lost technology like time travel devices, implode grenades, etc. What's unique about this series too is that you can jump into it from any book. It gives a rough summary of the characters and what happened at the beginning of each title.

Andrew Myers

Oct 4, 2012
Dark Hunters and or Chronicles of Nick. No real explanation other then I find the writing fun and it is a cool concept for a series.

Tom_green_day

Jan 5, 2013
Everyone else is mentioning fantasy/sci-fi books, so will I be hated on for saying that my favourite books are all by Bill Bryson? He's freaking hilarious. A Walk in The Woods is my favourite :)