Favourite Colossus

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
The bird one...
Although I can't say for sure since I never finished the game.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
I'm going with 13. Phalanx is the most impressive.

Although the last one was a great build up in the message the game was giving.

VeneratedWulfen93

Oct 3, 2011
Number 13 for no new reasons than have already previously been said so i'd say number 4 is also quite good due to the barrow that seems to have history but is never realy explained and that mystery annoys me in a good way. It also looks quite cool as well.

ipop@you

Oct 3, 2008
I always liked 3 because it is, in my opinion, the first real time you get a sense of 'Oh shit these things are huge' I mean I know 1 was quite big but not very and then 2 was on 4 legs so it appeared smaller and then you get to 3 and you're not climbing on small patches any more, you're actually just running up it. I didn't, however, like the run up to it because if you didn't get that jump to the platform just right you had to swim back around and run up to try again.

A special mention I think has to go to the guy with the beard that you climbed up because that was both fun and a little silly.

Finally my least favourite would be the horse one (4 I think) because while the setting was nice I could never get the hang of managing to get the best itself to lower its head in the right place so I couldn't get on it.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
So, The Team Ico Collection has been out for a few days now and I assume that most people will have completed it, so it's time to pose the question.

Which Colossus did you enjoy fighting the most?

For me it had to be Either 3 or 15, because those 2 were the largest of them all, excluding the last one of course.

#3 was that one colossus who you thought made the 1st one look like a midget and the 15th was just as tall if not larger and required you to go through a series of dodging falling chunks of building only to later use them to jump atop that massive baboon faced beast.

Loved 15 the most though.

I hated the 11th so much btw. Mainly because the moment I leaped on him he kept thrashing around to the point where I couldn't even get a proper stab and had me flailing around like a damn rodeo clown. Also when I fell off, that CHEAP BASTARD Kept hitting me over and over and over not giving me a chance to get up in the slightest.
SCREW YOU 11th COLOSSUS!!! Same goes for the 14th while I admit he was alot easier

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Casual Shinji said:
The 9th.

The one in the area with the geysers.

Just for the fact that you can tumble the ***** over and watch him fall like the freaking mountain that he is.
Yeah, but it was all about timing and it sucked half the time you got it wrong or didn't get to his tumbled ass fast enough.
Huge challenge in my opinion.

Although I can argue that the 7th Colossus (Giant Catfish/Eel) was great because it was one of those Colossi that lead you into a sense of dread. Especially when you fell in that PITCH BLACK ASS Water and all you could see is a set of 2 glowing yellow eyes and a few horns at least 100 ft below you.

Plus everytime you dived down all you could see below you is that black abyss we call a lake......Creepy and uneasy were 2 things I felt with that boss

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Palademon said:

BTW I just bought the Ico and Shadow of the Colossus HD collection yesterday for $25

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK :D Stay tuned for my let's play of it Pala

Panzervaughn

Jul 19, 2009
I have an image permanently burning into my mind, of riding through that sand cavern with the worm slowly rising out of the sand... and the eyes.. THE EYES..

It was the only one that really made me panic, Everything else was a case of "okay, how does this work." But he was nothing but "SHIT SHIT HES RIGHT THERE HES IN MY SOUL GET AWAY NOPE NOPE NOPE"

I still have his battle music in my MP3, track was "a messenger from behind" or something. That title just stuck in my head really well. =D

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Madara XIII said:
OH btw here's a Comparison Chart for everyone to get a glimpse at :D

Jeez. I knew 13 was big but I didn't think he was THAT big. 0_o.

Although to be honest I don't remember 12 being that large. Of course half of his body is submerged in water, so I guess that's also a factor to consider.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
Madara XIII said:
Palademon said:

BTW I just bought the Ico and Shadow of the Colossus HD collection yesterday for $25

When you kill a colossus, and the black strands start coming out, I dare you to say "I've seen enough hentai to know where this is going", and when it impales you "OH GOD ITS TRUE!".

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Palademon said:
Madara XIII said:
Palademon said:

When you kill a colossus, and the black strands start coming out, I dare you to say "I've seen enough hentai to know where this is going", and when it impales you "OH GOD ITS TRUE!".
I PROMISE YOU I WILL INDEED DO THAT!!

Thank you for that suggestion good sir!

Panzervaughn

Jul 19, 2009
Madara XIII said:
Palademon said:
Madara XIII said:
Palademon said:

Tendril doesn't go there, TENDRIL DOESN'T GO THERE.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Panzervaughn said:
Madara XIII said:
Palademon said:
Madara XIII said:
Palademon said:

Tendril doesn't go there, TENDRIL DOESN'T GO THERE.
HAHAHAHA NICE!! I am writing this down as we speak XD.

Just check my channel and once I finish with Devil may Cry 3 I promise to do a Shadow of the Colossus Let's Play

http://www.youtube.com/MadaraXIII

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Madara XIII said:
Casual Shinji said:
The 9th.

The one in the area with the geysers.

Just for the fact that you can tumble the ***** over and watch him fall like the freaking mountain that he is.
Yeah, but it was all about timing and it sucked half the time you got it wrong or didn't get to his tumbled ass fast enough.
Huge challenge in my opinion.
But that's what made him so memorable.

The very first time I confronted him I had no idea how to deal with him, and I just rode my horse like a mad man trying not to get hit by his projectiles. He appeared to be totally untouchable and I felt like an ant in his presence (which ofcourse I actually was).

Then I noticed that his stance changed above one of the erupting geysers. I see the weakspots under the tips of his legs. I fire my bow...
And it's like a mountain falling on its back. All of a sudden, this thing that seemed unbeatable is now lying helpless before me.
Madara XIII said:
Aces!

That's a brilliant picture, let's hope the downloadable themes are of a similar sort.

btw. My most disliked Colossi is the one in the lake with those teeth on top of its head. Fucking monotonous as hell, that guy is.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Casual Shinji said:
Aces!

That's a brilliant picture, let's hope the downloadable themes are of a similar sort.

btw. My most disliked Colossi is the one in the lake with those teeth on top of its head. Fucking monotonous as hell, that guy is.
Indeed. I just hated the sense of fear I always got going in that Dark Water and then seeing him right below me.

My reaction: "GET OUT THE WATER GET OUT THE WATER FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK!!!

Then again that picture brought a chuckle to me as well mostly because Wanderer is that tiny little Speck in the far bottom left corner.

I just suddenly Imagined him running at all 16 Colossi yelling "LEEROOOOOY JENKIIIIIIIIINS"

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Phalanx is boss, both in terms of monster design and the fight's fun factor. Running along the winding body of a flying snake is something I doubt any game will ever manage to beat.

Also, fighting Barba made me realize exactly why keeping your beard neatly trimmed is a good idea. :p

As for fights I despised... fuck you, Basaran. Yeah, I love your design and your sheer, awe-inspiring size, but fuck you for being so obnoxiously frustrating to fight. First you take your sweet time plodding over to a geyser, frying my ass along the way with your energy bolts, and then you get back up right before I can finish ascending your disgustingly hairy gut?!