favourite Country

the darknees abyss

Mar 29, 2012
i was wondering what contury people like so what Country do like it dose have to be your own but can be any one and tell me why

so what your favourite Country?

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
This is the country I like the most:

As for geographical countries, there are certain things I like about certain countries, but I don't really like one country as a whole, because usually politics ruin stuff for most countries.

I like America for giving the world McDonald's, I like Japan for having technology integrated in their daily life and having a public transit system that works and is on time ( I'm sure that other countries have this too, but the first I encountered this was in the country named above ), I like countries where the government funds ( or mostly ) college / university expenses, there are some in northern Europe I believe...

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
overpuce said:
Country: Tied between Japan and Romania. I've never been to either but I want to visit both so badly. Maybe I can visit both in 1 trip? Korea is nice too (at least the people are).
Technically possible. But it would be quite a trip considering you're from the states. Give us a shout if you manage to do it, you'd join my list of heroes.

OT: I dunno. Maybe Australia. They have Crocodile Dundee to protect them from the most vile and dangerous of creatures on the planet. That seems cool. But they don't have snow at Christmas/New Year.

DoPo

Jan 30, 2012
overpuce said:
I'm always up for a good bit of traveling. If there's anything that I hate is having a whole world to see and not checking it out. I've been to Asia a number of times (mostly Vietnam with some week long "layovers" in Korea, Thailand and China). I've been as far south as Peru and as far North as Canada. The job that I have has the potential of sending me to any number of places if I were to switch offices (India, Thailand, Japan, China, Australia, Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, and most countries in Europe).

I would love to check out the Data center in Antarctica and I would like to visit somewhere in Africa (but am unsure where - Possibly South Africa).

I think the only place that would be off my map is any Middle Eastern country the US has pissed of royally (So all of them except Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Israel).

If I had a bunch of Money, I would schedule a stop over in every country that has an Escapist member and buy them lunch.
:D From the looks of things that would be mainly USA, Canada, Norway, Sweden and the UK. But I'm pretty sure there are Escapists from pretty much everywhere (Hi, there Sealand). Also, lots of lunches, unless you decide to have some fun and buy one lunch per country. You can have them fight for it.

Keoul

Apr 4, 2010
I like Australia :D
Sure all the animals want to kill you but at least the people there are pretty nice. I've been to japan as well but personally had a bad experience with it (the horror... the horror) though it would probably have been better if the family actually planned ahead.
China is nice to visit but not to stay, the place is just so sleazy o_O

DoPo

Jan 30, 2012
overpuce said:
There's actually someone here from Sealand? =O
I don't know. It was more of a joke to go with "Escapists are everywhere". It would be cool, though wouldn't it? At least one of the, what 3 or 5 people, to join here.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
overpuce said:
DoPo said:
I don't know. It was more of a joke to go with "Escapists are everywhere". It would be cool, though wouldn't it? At least one of the, what 3 or 5 people, to join here.
It's said that the population never exceeds 5 or rarely does. I mean there's only 550 square meters of livable space.

That's it! I'm going to apply for citizenship to Sealand (though I hear the people the run it are bat shit crazy). Then I can call myself what... Sealander, Sealandian, Sealandese?
The Princess of Sealand is smoking hawt too!

I want to take over Sealand, marry her, breed an army, and take over England. Starting with Downing Street, and then kick David Cameron out on his stupid arse.

Sounds like a plan, don't ya think?

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
I like the best country in the world. I am of course talking about Wales.
Just look at our flag. LOOK AT IT!!!

SirDeadly

Feb 22, 2009
I love Australia, it is my home but I also like England, Ireland, Spain and Portugal.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Without a doubt it has to be Japan.

I've never felt so comfortable or "at home" than when I lived there. I'd drop everything and everyone in in-ger-land in a heartbeat if it meant returning there.

ImmortalDrifter

Jan 6, 2011
Gotta love threads that are asking for it. This is the champion.

My favorite country outside my own, however, is good old Deutschland. Mostly friendly people, great beer, and great food. I also like the entirety of the Angloshpere, Brazil, and Oceania.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
overpuce said:
Jazoni89 said:
I want to take over Sealand, marry her, breed an army, and take over England. Starting with Downing Street, and then kick David Cameron out on his stupid arse.

Sounds like a plan, don't ya think?
Well at least it would be a good looking army. They're probably not going to be good arriving at the beachfront however. They'd all be seasick.
We will establish a secret base on the mainland then...

Don't worry I've already thought all this out now.

PrinceBuffoon

Nov 29, 2011
Well, it's not America, I'll say that much. Don't get me wrong, there's certainly a lot of nice things about America and I get why people like it here, but it's just not for me. Once I have my degree, I'm gonna try my best to get out of here. Japan or England would be nice. Anywhere in Scandinavia would be pretty cool too. I've got some family friends in Denmark and they love it there.

I really should spend more time abroad...

robmastaflex

Jun 15, 2009
I haven't really travelled much. In fact, I think I've only been to 7 other countries and they're only the nearest ones, usually on day trips rather than prolonged holidays. Due to that, I'm going to stick with my home country, even more specifically my home county of Yorkshire. I can't understand why anyone would want to leave this glorious place.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
DoPo said:
OT: I dunno. Maybe Australia. They have Crocodile Dundee to protect them from the most vile and dangerous of creatures on the planet. That seems cool. But they don't have snow at Christmas/New Year.
But they do have barbeques at christmas, and everyone loves barbeque!. Also; really cheap and really nice housing compared to the UK and even the US.

OT: As for countries I've been to, Switzerland was pretty awesome; it was great christmas weather, they sold wine and soup in the streets, everybody spoke english, nothing was ever late, everybody was polite, there was loads to see and do, love it. What I saw of Spain was unpleasant but I was nowhere near an area of anything close to prosperity. Turkey was pretty cool but they charge you to get in at customs, great food though. Greece was nice but a bit... dirty, kinda run down too (and this was before they ran out of money).

My home country (UK) is kinda meh, overall if I'm honest. No need to elaborate, people from the UK should be able to figure out why if they take the current economic and political climate into account, and the fact it rains so much. I hate the contstant drizzle.

I'd like to move to Australia though, cheap housing, low living cost, better pay, better weather, plenty of anti-venom stocks for the nasties that lurk down under.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
PrinceBuffoon said:
Well, it's not America, I'll say that much. Don't get me wrong, there's certainly a lot of nice things about America and I get why people like it here, but it's just not for me. Once I have my degree, I'm gonna try my best to get out of here. Japan or England would be nice. Anywhere in Scandinavia would be pretty cool too. I've got some family friends in Denmark and they love it there.

I really should spend more time abroad...
England might not be a particularly terrific place, it's not great from the inside in my opinion. Not many jobs about, not much pay for doing them, housing and cost of living is pretty high (housing is relatively some of the least value for money in terms of how much property you get for your cash, recently been looking into moving down under after I get my degree, it's alot cheaper than moving anywhere in England, Scotland isn't quite as bad, stuff is cheap north of the border).

I'd love to spend some time living in Scandinavia or backpacking around it! I'd also love to see Japan.

Philol

Nov 7, 2011
England, but if it has to be a country abroad I would say Russia, Japan, or Italy.