Favourite credits music?

WhyBotherToTry

Jun 22, 2011
With some games it's great, with some not so much so, but it's always there, and slightly underappreciated in my opinion. So, escapists, what's your favourite one?

This is my personal favourite:
And of course, honourable mention:

Popadoo

May 17, 2010
Have to go with Still Alive. No real question, personally.
It fits with the black humour of the game, as well as being catchy and generally awesome.

GoaThief

Reinventing the Spiel
Feb 2, 2012
The Portal Still Alive is probably my favourite.

To be honest I'm not a fan in general of end credits music, usually it's just a marketing push for an artist and completely unrelated to the game itself. Funnily enough another one of my more preferred credits tunes is also called Still Alive;

Although I do much, much prefer Solar Fields main theme. Damn, it's such a breathtaking piece of music;

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
And my favourite of the moment, which will probably change within hours, is Bastion's.

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
<youtube=5-WPgf_0udA>

OK, so this isn't exactly the credits song (that starts at around 4:35) but this whole piece of music is just plain heart-stopping, especially from 2:45 to 4:32.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Currently, probably this.

The two Portal games have great endings, and I really like all of the Metal Gear Solid credit tracks as well.

Rose and Thorn

May 4, 2012
I'd say "Still Alive" from Portal. It has already been posted.

From what I can see, that end theme generally seems to be one of the most popular. That is the theme that when I put 'Videogame' and 'End theme' together. That game was brilliant.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Yeah the Portal credits are gonna be up there. Surprisingly I thought Want You Gone was better than Still Alive. Weird...

"Oh how we laughed and laughed, except I wasn't laughing"

Gets me every single time.

I'll mention the Persona 4 credits. It's nowhere near as good if you haven't played it beforehand so I won't post it.

The same could be said of pretty much any game credits to be honest.

Tdoodle

Sep 16, 2012
Some great shouts so far, especially Bastion and Mirror's Edge.

Pokemon Black/White had a great one, you'd just foiled Team Plasma and N had realised the error of his ways, bids you farewell then BAM, on it comes.

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
I'm going to go with the one I went with last time this came up, Saint's Row: the Third.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CscN86SFjI&feature=related

(No, I can't remember what the code to do a YouTube video embedded is.)

Loonyyy

Jul 10, 2009
Still Alive from Portal. Of course.

A slight deviation from game credits, but I loved it at the end of cabin of the woods when they played NiN's Last. Totally unexpected.

ASan83

Mar 11, 2011
Glaber said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcrDWAuyqtc
Seconded.

Honorable mention to the EarthBound end credits. That song, plus all the photos from your adventure... ah, memories.

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
Halo has always had incredible music. I think it belongs in this thread :)

Also the end credits from Metroid Prime