Favourite Disney Musical Number

Neo1656

Aug 10, 2009
I love all the ones above, but all you guys are forgetting CLASSIC DISNEY.

Never forget the classics. lol

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
thatguy1 said:
Escapist, I believe you're all forgetting something....

Among others.
Holy shit I love the Brave Little Toaster, and that song!

OT: This one, I love it to pieces

I am only a man

Feb 25, 2011
Well since Why Should I Worry and Son of Man were taken already...

Edit: FUUUUUUUU.... How could I have forgotten Brave Little Toaster?!?

Chemical Alia

Feb 1, 2011

There's a lot of Disney songs I love, but everything I remember after The Lion King is generally bland garbage.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Dr Snakeman said:
onewheeled999 said:
This movie had no reason to be this amazing.

Well, the movie itself really wasn't. Even so, it was worth seeing just to hear Keith David sing that song.

Captain Anderson as a crazy voodoo priest. What's not to love?

Anyway, my favorite Disney song? Well, the OP stole mine, so I'll have to go with the villain song from the Disney movie that had the most impact on my childhood. I watched it over and over, and it still holds up today.

The closed captions made that hilarious.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
onewheeled999 said:
This movie had no reason to be this amazing.

great song from a great movie! Especially when you consider that it's Jules/ Anderson (from Saint's Row and Mass Effect respectively) which makes the song that much more epic.

The thing is though, I'm a huge fan of this song:

This is, of course, outside of Nightmare Before Christmas which is a 100% favorite for me

edit: A small bit of the middle is cut...weird Well, the best part in my opinion is the last minute and a half or so.

edit II: After about a minute or two of consideration, I've decided to post the Japanese version which is also a favorite of mine. I haven't gone otaku in a while so I figure I'm past due:

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
My top 5:

5 "I'll Make a Man Out Of You" from Mulan
4 "Be Prepared" from The Lion King
3 "I Won't Say I'm In Love" from Hercules
2 "Hellfire" from The Hunchback of Notre Dame
1 "Friends on the Other Side" from the Princess and the Frog

Deathfyre

Mar 6, 2010
viperthejedi said:
Dr Snakeman said:
Anyway, my favorite Disney song? Well, the OP stole mine, so I'll have to go with the villain song from the Disney movie that had the most impact on my childhood. I watched it over and over, and it still holds up today.

I actually really can't stand this song. I love me some Jeremy Irons but didn't like this song.
Jeremy Irons didn't sing the whole thing, it was a Jim Cummings, Irons' voice gave out.

My favourites, Be prepared, Man out of you, Zero to Hero, Friends on the other side have all been taken, but I still also like Go the Distance. And for distributed by Disney, Cabin Fever is amazing.

Craorach

Jan 17, 2011
The opening sequence of UP, if that counts.

I don't know how to embed video, but the music does an amazing job conveying the emotion of the moments involved. Not to mention, the older you get, the more situations you can imagine from your life that compare to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GroDErHIM_0

Chelsizzle

Jun 29, 2008
Since most of the good ones have been mentioned, I'll add another one of my favorites: Mother Knows Best (the reprise, not the original) from Tangled.

Amgeo

Apr 14, 2011
Dr Snakeman said:

I feel that the visuals kind of undercut the awesome of that song. I mean, it's not as bad as Rasputin's song in "Anastasia," but stuff like Scar grabbing the hyena by the throat or "YOU WON'T GET A SNIFF WITHOUT ME" make it less serious. It's still really cool and scary, but it could have been a lot cooler and scarier.

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
Well, since most of my favoutite ones are gone, I'll have to say these:

Because Anastasia was the first Disney film I had ever seen.

And

Because The Lion King is my favourite film Of All Time.

EDIT: Just remembered!

Dec 14, 2009
Catchy Slogan said:
Well, since most of my favoutite ones are gone, I'll have to say these:

Because Anastasia was the first Disney film I had ever seen.

And

Because The Lion King is my favourite film Of All Time.
Anastasia was made by Fox, not Disney.

Just thought I'd let you know, so you can cry yourself to sleep tonight for being so wrong :D

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Anastasia was made by Fox, not Disney.

Just thought I'd let you know, so you can cry yourself to sleep tonight for being so wrong :D
Damn. :/ My memory fails me once again. I thought the quality wasn't quite up to standards.