Favourite Easter Eggs or Secrets in Games

Mordekaien

Sep 3, 2010
Excalibur reference in Skyrim was a good one. That lady of the lake.

Binding of Isaac has I AM ERROR room.

Lara Croft in Shadow Warrior was a stupid one.

In Fallout New Vegas, go to the well near boomers base with Rex equipped. It's awesome. Also tons of other with Wild Wasteland.

solemnwar

Sep 19, 2010
Nimzabaat said:
I like that Bioware throws in Alberta references in their games. It tickles me because I live in the same city.

... Alberta is not a city. Alberta is a province.

OT: Not too many in games, although I laughed when I found the Bethesda ruins in Fallout 3.

tce11

Turtle Who Lives in the Clouds
Apr 17, 2008
Lots of good ones in Suda51 games: The hotel at the end of Killer7 being like Flower Sun and Rain, including Kevin Smith disguised as Edo. There's also lots of references to his previous games in No More Heroes, t-shirts and ability names and stuff.

Another good one is in Earthbound, I think it's in Twoson, you talk to someone and they say "I'm thinking of a Beatles song: ___terday" and then you can answer "Yes" or "No".

CyborgGinger

Apr 1, 2011
I really feel like I'm showing my age with this one, but "when I were a lad", this little gem from the first SiN game caused quite the shit storm. Well, as much of a shit storm as was possible back before the internet became cool.

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
Right now, Borderlands 2's the Dark Souls and Minecraft Easter Eggs stand as my two favorite of all time, simply for sheer commitment to detail. BL2 really went all out with their easter eggs.

But I do so enjoy the ones I come across by accident, like the completely out of place paper plane you can find in Ikana Castle in Majora's Mask on top of a stone pillar.

It just chills there. Not used for anything. I love little things like that that are just there because. And small ones such as noticing the Mario mask on the back of the Mask Salesman's pack. It even shows up in the official art of the character.

Wind Waker has some masks from MM hidden in the back of the Picto Gallery behind the counter.

I mean there are a ton of references in the Zelda games, way too many to count. It's just that these ones are easy to find on your own, but aren't presented right to you. Unlike the Dark Souls one in BL2, which there was no way I'd have found had I not seen it first online.

The Undoer

Sep 13, 2009
I love VALVe and I love Jonathan Coulton's music, so the RE: Your Brains easter egg in L4D2 is one of my favourites.

Nimzabaat

Feb 1, 2010
solemnwar said:
Nimzabaat said:
I like that Bioware throws in Alberta references in their games. It tickles me because I live in the same city.

OT: Not too many in games, although I laughed when I found the Bethesda ruins in Fallout 3.
I live in Edmonton which is a city (also the same city that Bioware started in), which is in the province of Alberta, which is in the country of Canada. I mentioned Alberta references because they throw in Alberta references. Happy?

OT: I also loved the "what's in the box!!?!!?!" part in Borderlands 2.

solemnwar

Sep 19, 2010
Nimzabaat said:
solemnwar said:
Nimzabaat said:

I live in Edmonton which is a city (also the same city that Bioware started in), which is in the province of Alberta, which is in the country of Canada. I mentioned Alberta references because they throw in Alberta references. Happy?

OT: I also loved the "what's in the box!!?!!?!" part in Borderlands 2.
The way your sentences are worded it looks like you're saying that Albeta is a city :p I live in Canada as well, dude, gotta add that "Edmonton" for those that don't ;)
Cuz the only important cities in Canada are Toronto and Ottowa, right?