Favourite Game Character

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Ursus Buckler said:
Ezio Auditore de Firenze, of course!
/Thread

Ezio has blades up his wrists, runs around on rooftops, wears a cape and gets all the ladies. He's like the best bits of Wolverine, Spiderman, Zorro, and James Bond all rolled into one! How do you beat that I ask you?

4RM3D

May 10, 2011
Dizzy from the Guilty Gear Universe

Or Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII

Ursus Buckler

Apr 15, 2011
NinjaDeathSlap said:
Ursus Buckler said:
Ezio Auditore de Firenze, of course!
/Thread

Ezio has blades up his wrists, runs around on rooftops, wears a cape and gets all the ladies. He's like the best bits of Wolverine, Spiderman, Zorro, and James Bond all rolled into one! How do you beat that I ask you?
You simply can't, my friend. You simply can't.

...Unless you add Deadpool...

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
Foundry Worker Aldridge.

What? He speaks to me. He's in a dream job, and he's shy enough to wear that sexy mask... This guy is me, 100%. All he needs is a sledgehammer instead of that knife, and then he couldn't be any better.

Oddly enough, characters with their own story like Ezio, don't really click with me like a simple skin, or Brick from Borderlands would.

Cave Johnson's pretty epic too. He's an exception.

Harkonnen64

Jul 14, 2010
Favorite protagonist?

Master Chief.
Because the impending hate messages shall make me lol.

Favorite Antagonist?

Kreia from KotOR II.
Because as one LPer once put it:
"First thing you need to know about Kreia-- SHE'S A GOD-DAMN LIAR!!!"

Mr. 47

May 25, 2011
Shepard, Big Boss, The Boss, Gordan Freeman, Cave Johnson (He burns down your house. WITH LEMONS.) GLaDOS, and Ezio.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Miles Edgeworth from the Ace Attorney games... I like his character development, plus y'know he has some excellent fashion sense. Not to mention some of the greatest putdowns i've ever seen

And he has the greatest shrug in video game history

Also Wheatley from Portal 2, for some of the best character development and comedy i've seen for a while

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
Barney from Half-Life. Unusual choice? Maybe. But consider:

Was a security guard at Black Mesa, meaning he was probably hand-picked from the top 1% of the Marines or somesuch, giving him all the badass points a man needs;

Was ready to fight the unknown, even aliens -- and did fight them, better than any of his cohorts;

So unflappable he cracks jokes in the middle of an alien invasion;

Maintains a positive attitude in a world composed almost entirely of militant Big-Brother oppression nasty enough to give Orwell nightmares;

Is well aware that among the likes of Freeman and the Black Mesa gang he is merely a second stringer but still has enough brass in his boxers to run with the big boys;

Goes undercover in a totalitarian state run by vicious aliens. Lots of folks hide, that's only sensible. It takes some serious guts to hide in plain sight, and serious heart to put yourself at that kind of risk just for a small chance to help strangers;

Gives you your fucking crowbar back. That was my favorite moment in the game, honestly. At that moment my attitude went from, "ohshitohshitohshit they're all out to get me where can I hide" to "Hark, villains! Thou hast not a chance, for I wield Excalibur once again! Come to me, and take thy punishment like men!"

The_State

Jun 25, 2008
Favorite protagonist is probably Raziel from Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver. Cast into the abyss by his creator, not for any fault of his own but simply because he was evolved, and made to endure a thousand years of agony, he still keeps it together very well. He's calm in the face of some pretty f'ed up shit, even going so far as to crack wise at some unknowable terror from beyond imagining which fancies itself a god. What tips him over the edge though was the utterly astounding job which was done with the voice acting. His is one of the few performances in which the spoken dialog actually feels right. It's a bit hokey, but I never felt the need to skip over it or be embarrassed by a bad performance.

Antagonist is a bit tougher, because there are a lot of good ones. I'll give it to Prince Luca Blight from Suikoden II, though. He's a pretty cookie-cutter bad guy, but he just takes it so damn far. He's evil in the truest sense. He has no far-reaching goals or great ambitions, he just wants to wreck people's shit. He doesn't just murder people, he makes them beg and degrade themselves to save their lives, then kills them anyway. He's also a hardass. In a game that gives you a party of six characters to work with, it takes three full parties to finally take the guy down AFTER his own army sells him out to you.

TheAceTheOne

Jul 27, 2010
Tibs said:
Ezio - Assassins Creed
(My) Shepard - Mass Effect
I second those two. I'd like to add: John Marston (Red Dead Redemption), Nick, Ellis, and Coach (Left 4 Dead 2), The ENITRE cast of survivors from Left 4 Dead 1, Alan Wake, Max Payne, Frank West (Dead Rising), and a few thousand more~

Coranico

Jul 28, 2009
Nathan Drake (uncharted). This is thanks to Nolan North, i would go all kinds of gay for that man...

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Sand of Neverwinter

He is such a sarcastic character. He is also a Lawyer who is also a Wizard.

He could take Phoenix Wright an day