Favourite Game Marketing Campaigns (Good or Bad)

American Tanker

Feb 25, 2015
How has no one managed to mention Battlefield: Bad Company? Seriously, they had a trailer where one of these four goofballs, from a unit that's stated to be the Army's dumping ground for misfits and troublemakers, blow up SOLID FREAKING SNAKE(never explicitly stated, but the guy was hiding in a barrel and wore an eyepatch):

Aug 31, 2012
Oh, definitely the old WipEout nosebleed poster.

*except that woman firing out a baby that proceeds to fly through an arc, ageing until it crashes into a grave as an old man, but the wipeout one just appeals to me more, seeing as I was pretty much the exact audience it was aimed at at the time.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
I dunno if it's the year or something in the water or what, but any ad campaign that can result in this is goddamned hilarious.

PapaGreg096

Oct 12, 2013
altnameJag said:
I dunno if it's the year or something in the water or what, but any ad campaign that can result in this is goddamned hilarious.

Fun fact that is the same website that got mad that 2 of the 3 playable characters in the Wolfenstein season pass is a black guy and a woman.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
I remember Dantes Inferno having such a stupid and expensive marketing campaign that it backfired on it.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
PapaGreg096 said:
altnameJag said:

Fun fact that is the same website that got mad that 2 of the 3 playable characters in the Wolfenstein season pass is a black guy and a woman.
Their editorial dept. is also either slightly dyslexic or just plain careless.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Marik2 said:
I remember Dantes Inferno having such a stupid and expensive marketing campaign that it backfired on it.
You mean where they hired fake protesters, had a stupid "sin to win" contest and even sent Yahtzee a singing box?
Yeah I remember that one.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Canadamus Prime said:
Marik2 said:
You mean where they hired fake protesters, had a stupid "sin to win" contest and even sent Yahtzee a singing box?
Yup, all for a mediocre game.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Marik2 said:
Canadamus Prime said:
Marik2 said:
Yup, all for a mediocre game.
I haven't played it, mostly because I never owned a PS3. Although I did watch an animated movie based on it and was thoroughly confused.