Favourite Game Trailers

Dyan

Nov 27, 2009
Exactly what it says on the tin. Just your favourite video game trailers, anything goes: gameplay trailers, teasers etc.

For me it has to be the Saints Row The Third "Power" trailer. Something about the way it's shot is just appealing to me.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
The two that come to my mind is Transformers: Fall of Cybertron-

Sure I could be bias since I am a Transformers fan but I do feel the trailers themselves are nicely made (the tone, music etc).

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009

Music's kind of cheesy, but it's probably the only trailer soundtrack in recent memory that isn't dubstep or rock songs.

I also like the sounds when the music stops and the alien things attack the marines.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
I don't know why but this trailer always comes straight to mind when I think of cool trailers. Probably because back when I first saw it I wasn't used to games always being in glorious HD.
Now I feel bad for falling out of touch with the Ratchet and Clank games...

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
Here's a recent pair that stand out to me:

And

Anyone who's played Warcraft 3 can't help but get chills at that last one. Blizzard, for all their many faults, are still the kings of CGI cinematics.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Gotta hand it to Skyrim for being pretty epic. Makes me wish I'd played earlier Elder Scrolls games, because I can't imagine what my reaction might have been...

Dessembrae

Feb 27, 2008
The halo trailers are often quite good, but the Live Action ones are definitely among the best in the industry (no matter what you think of the games themselves).

Blizzard and bioware have some of the best trailers as well (especially Blizzard)

The_Lost_King

Oct 7, 2011
NeutralDrow said:
Gotta hand it to Skyrim for being pretty epic. Makes me wish I'd played earlier Elder Scrolls games, because I can't imagine what my reaction might have been...

Well this was my reaction: Oh my god another Elderscrolls game! yes! YES! YES!!!!!! Oh my god this is awesome 11/11/11 will be the best day EVER!

Skyrimm is a good game. I prefer Oblivion for nostalgia points and better quests, but Skyrim had superior gameplay(Though taking out spell crafting was a ridiculously dumb move and I miss being able to cast spells with something in my other hand).

World's End

Sep 22, 2011
The recent Find a Way trailer for Total War: Rome II is really good. Shows off a couple of game features while being being suspenseful. Also the music's quite good.

Two failed attempts at embedding the video.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
World said:
The recent Find a Way trailer for Total War: Rome II is really good. Shows off a couple of game features while being being suspenseful. Also the music's quite good.

Two failed attempts at embedding the video.
Here you go:

And agreed, it's a very good trailer. Creative Assembly have a habit of making excellent trailers, probably my favourite being this one:

Glongpre

Jun 11, 2013
No Gears of War 1 and 2 trailers, I am disappoint. I think gow2 has the best trailer ever, always gets me with the feels and a little pumped up when they exit the tunneler thing.

Also, I love that song. How it ends by devotchka.

Actually, Ninja Gaiden has a better trailer.

So good, the music is freaking awesome. Omg this trailer sold me on the game everytime I saw it, and I wasn't disappointed.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
In the words of comic book guy, "best trailer EVER!"

It brought a room of adult men to tears, not many trailers can say they've done that.(not that trailers talk of course. >.>)

debtcollector

Jan 31, 2012
Most recently, the Final Fantasy XV trailer got me incredibly hyped. I had only seen a couple of gameplay videos for next-gen console games, so seeing familiar Versus XIII gameplay in such a gorgeous skin made my jaw drop.

Actual favorite trailer, however, goes to the only trailer to actually make me weep, Dead Island's reveal trailer. This also serves as a cautionary tale about mistaking pre-rendered trailers for actual indications of tone.

Meatrod05

Jun 13, 2011
SayHelloToMrBullet said:

Probably one of the most epic trailers for a video game ever made I'd say. Helps that the music is utterly amazing too.
I second this one as one of my favorite game trailers.

Here's my contributions:
The trailer that finally got me to play one of my now favorite series of all time.

And the live action one for Other M. Still my favorite trailer in terms of the music; Shame that the game couldn't have been as good.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
I've found that I almost always love the Modern Warfare trailers (I say almost since I can't really recall the trailers for CoD4:MW).

That shot when you see that D.C. is a battlefield still gives me chills.

Because it worked so well here, come Black Ops, Treyarch used Emmenem (I know I'm spelling his name wrong) music for their trailers, which neither worked nor made sense since their game took place in the 60s.

Not Modern Warfare, but it's still very good. Excellent use of visuals, and that music is tippy-top.

There's also some excellent Mass Effect trailers, but I believe they've been mentioned.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Elder Scrolls and Human Revolution have both popped up so...

Warhammer: Mark of Chaos

Natural Selection 2

And a whole lot more.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
Only one that comes to mind atm is the Warframe PS4 Trailer:

Also, would some of you people please spoiler those? Took this page about 3 minutes to load

Fuhrlock

Apr 1, 2012
I usually don't take alot away from most trailers since they are designed to show off things to try to impress you, and they would certainly never convince me to buy a game just based upon them... that was until the Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon trailers...
I think what I love about them is that they don't seem to be trying hard to show off the game they are just genuinely entertaining and want to do nothing more than set the tone of the game.