Favourite Instrument Brand?

ItsAChiaotzu

Apr 20, 2009
So, what's your favourite instrument brand, I don't mind if it's guitars, pianos or ... accordions?

To start us off, my favourite would probably have to be Suhr guitars.

Can you beat that?

thylasos

Aug 12, 2009
Hohner harmonicas, I guess. Nice tone, though it needs a bit of time and use to develop properly.

Never had a problem with Yamaha Saxes, either.

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
I prefer the Ibanez brand of guitars because they play well for me and I like a lot of the designs they have for them.

Jul 13, 2010
For guitars it would be Fender electrics and Guild acoustics. Not exactly the most original favourites I suppose, but they are well regarded for a reason. I personally have a guitar from each and they sound and feel unbelievable.

squeeble69

Jun 9, 2009
Ernie Ball Music Man. The JPX, to be precise :D Although Suhr guitars are very nice. (Guthrie Govan FTW!!!)

Jul 5, 2009
I'm kind of lost right now.
Ibanez make some awesome guitars but their treatment of their South Korean workers is deplorable.

According to my guitar teacher ESP suck.

I'm gonna have to say PRS:

ItsAChiaotzu

Apr 20, 2009
squeeble69 said:
Ernie Ball Music Man. The JPX, to be precise :D Although Suhr guitars are very nice. (Guthrie Govan FTW!!!)
Literally, scariest guitar player alive. :p

But yeah good choice, Musicman Guitars are so awesome.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
For Brass?

I've been a fan of both Bach and Getzen for a long time. The valves on the Getzen Eterna series are soooo nice but the right sounding Bach trumpet just sends shivers up my soul.

I guess I'll go with tonality.

[sub]I've yet to pick up a Yamaha that has impressed me as much as my Strad.[/sub]

EvilPicnic

Sep 9, 2009
bleh, I don't like Suhr, they always seemed a little bit showy/without substance to me. As far as personal favourites goes I'm a big (big) fan of Danelectro guitars, especially their baris and basses.

But seriously, their are very few guitars that can beat the sound of a well-played fender tele. It's a guitar that makes you work for your tone and doesn't forgive sloppiness, and you sound better for it.

Jan 29, 2009
So far I like Jupiter the best.
Could be because the only other trombone I had was a POS Bundy that weighed about 4 tons and had a slide so sticky one could have called it welded to the shaft.
The Jupiter one I got was so damn shiny and light it was a Godsend, it even had an F-attachment!

MisterGobbles

Nov 30, 2009
I personally play Schecters but I'm pretty fond of Ibanez guitars, even though they're Japanese made. Then again, I've never had the privilege of playing a properly set up version of much anything else.