Favourite musical genre.

Everblack

Aug 1, 2009
I've used the search button, but i'm not too familiar with the rules regarding dates on posts, and the latest post about a thread like this was 21st of july, but whatever.

Post your favourite musical genre and/or subgenres in this thread.

I personally favour metal, all of its subgenres and hardcore rock above anything else.
Soilwork especially.

Insanum

The Basement Caretaker.
May 26, 2009
Everblack said:
I've used the search button, but i'm not too familiar with the rules regarding dates on posts, and the latest post about a thread like this was 21st of july, but whatever.

Post your favourite musical genre and/or subgenres in this thread.

I personally favour metal, all of its subgenres and hardcore rock above anything else.
Soilwork especially.
Well usually its 4 weeks, But Tbh it varies. Thanks for being honest =]

I love Indie/Classical. Piano rocks too.

Welcome to the escapist :)

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Gothic Rock, Industrial, EBM, Darkwave, Synthpop, Electronica and Noize.
When it comes down to it I will tolerate anything but Gangster Rap, R'n'B and Pop.

As for this topic: 21st July would be considered too soon to be starting a new topic on the same subject, for future reference.

Months is the earliest it would be considered acceptable, especially with such a common topic.

SilverClaw

Jul 28, 2009
my favorite musical genre is all types of rock, but i listen to everything except rap, country, Hiphop, or R'n'B

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
rock. cant beat a good bit of evanescene, linkin park, limp bizkit, breaking benjamin and stuff

DragonsAteMyMarbles

You matter in this world. Smile!
Feb 22, 2009
I like jazz - but only as long as it seems to have direction ie easily distinguishable chord sequences. Free jazz is not good - it just sounds like immensely complicated noise.

That said, as long as some skill is evident in the production of whatever genre I'll probably listen to it without complaining.

DARKLARK

Jul 30, 2008
i just like music. hell ill listen to rap if it flows and rhymes not mainstream rap btw

superbleeder12

agamersperspective.com
Oct 13, 2007
I enjoy mostly Shoegaze, post-rock, and some avant garde metal. I've also been getting into a lot of underground hip-hop acts.

riskroWe

May 12, 2009
Has anyone ever heard of Sleepytime Gorilla Museum?

Btw this thread has been done as a poll exactly 4 times before, and the top result has always been 'rock' except for one instance where 'rock' wasn't even an option so 'metal' got the top spot.

properturnip

Mar 30, 2009
I like pretty much everything under the rock banner, but I grew up with MTV and pop-punk and am still very much into the pop-punk and emo. Simple and energetic, perfect for my simple mind.

Timotei

The Return of T-Bomb
Apr 21, 2009
My favorite genre is...well... I don't have one really.

And my favorite band is Search Bar.

angel34

Jan 16, 2009
I'm really getting into nu-metal at the moment but I love most types of music. :)

Malkavian

Jan 22, 2009
DARKLARK said:
i just like music. hell ill listen to rap if it flows and rhymes not mainstream rap btw
This. There's very few genres that I don't have som music from. I like almost any genre. My criteria is just that the act is good[/].

Metal is the predominat genre in my record collection, though.

InsanityWave

Dec 22, 2008
Electronica Rock mmmmmmm Enter shikari Ftw! and late of the pier. I also create electronica myself XD

Mr.Squishy

Apr 14, 2009
Oooh, tricky question.

I'd say my favorite genres are Metal (NOT death/doom/stoner/black for the most part, those sound like noise, sorry), especially symphonic metal (along the lines of Dream Theater, Nightwish and such), Pop-punk or whatever Green Day, The offspring and Smash mouth are considered, Rock definitely scores high, pop can be good, but the only awesome pop artist I've known is Michael Jackson. I also have a weird soft spot for country, blues and jazz, while rap is slightly tolerable if it's not of the "gangstah" variety, and techno/trance/dance/electronica depends entirely on situation and artist.