favourite new band

pwned123456

Feb 4, 2011
ok the title is the only needed explanation but here is an idea for the time i would constitute as new in this case the last 5 years
mine is cage the elephant http://youtu.be/S0tsm0EhCJM

MisterGobbles

Nov 30, 2009
Periphery.

Oh my god. Just, oh. My. God. Oh my god. Oh my god. OH. MY. FUCKING. GOD. THESE GUYS ARE AMAZING.

EDIT: 600th post! Yeah!

Ubervelt

Aug 22, 2010
Well I was going to say Norther, but now it is Periphery and Parasite. Thank you guys :p

DethVanXan

Arch Inquisitor
Nov 23, 2009
Sabaton!
I heard a 10 second clip of this song and then looked them up to find more. Next day I bought three of their albums.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5V6sxZ8-eg (STill don't know how to insert videos. Excuse my ignorance.)

Kajt

Feb 20, 2009

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
funksobeefy said:

my room mate is a huge fan, so now Im digging them, espically this song
erm... As a long time fan I'm pretty sure that Rise Against are more than five years old.

I can't actually think of many bands post-2006. probably Black Spiders, though.

funksobeefy

Mar 21, 2009
TheRightToArmBears said:
funksobeefy said:
my room mate is a huge fan, so now Im digging them, espically this song
erm... As a long time fan I'm pretty sure that Rise Against are more than five years old.
Oh ok, at first I had no idea what you were talking about about, but then it turns out I didnt even read ops topic. I just listened to all the songs. Which IMO is a pretty good way of learning about new music, I dont know how many bands I have found that I liked on topics like this.

And I like your choice!

Berethond

Nov 8, 2008
It's an a capella metal band. What's not to love?
<youtube=rt4CQc1MSso&feature=related>

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Just started listening to Hey Monday. I am liking them quite a bit. (They're new in that they're formed in 2008, and I just stared listening to them).

<spoiler=A couple of songs>
<youtube=t2BAPt58zrc>
<youtube=6CbVlr82wCg>

MisterGobbles

Nov 30, 2009
Ubervelt said:
Well I was going to say Norther, but now it is Periphery and Parasite. Thank you guys :p
You are so welcome. You know how people spread the word of Jesus? I spread the word of Periphery, saviours of modern music.

Marter said:
Just started listening to Hey Monday. I am liking them quite a bit. (They're new in that they're formed in 2008, and I just stared listening to them).
I was tempted to call them Paramore ripoffs when I first heard them, but I saw them at Warped Tour and man can that chick sing live. So call me a fan.

I'm also starting to get into these guys, though I wouldn't call them my favorite:

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
Woe of Tyrants are probably one of the best melodic death metal bands to have surfaced in years

Also really dig Mutiny Within

Ihsahn's technically only made solo work for the past 5 years